Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Live wrestling allowed in any states next month?

14 hours ago, Boompa said:

Most of the top wrestlers haven't stopped training.  It may be in private clubs with small groups but they haven't stopped.

If you think Iowa isn't at a private club in Iowa City and PSU hasn't been to M2, you are delusional.

I figured this was probably the case. Since a bunch of my neighbors are getting "underground" haircuts in garages, figured there's got to be some off-the-grid live wrestling going on - they're just not posting about it on social media or telling their coaches (to preserve plausible deniability).

Edited by Fletcher

22 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

I figured this was probably the case. Since a bunch of my neighbors are getting "underground" haircuts in garages, figured there's got to be some off-the-grid live wrestling going on - they're just not posting about it on social media or telling their coaches (to preserve plausible deniability).

Pretty sure there have been several interviews on Flo and elsewhere of guys saying they are at least wrestling with 1 other person at a time in basements and such.

On 5/23/2020 at 11:22 AM, gimpeltf said:

I just checked the calendar for the FargoDome. If you go back to last year the tournament shows for the week (each day). Nothing shows at all for July this year (or August). June shows Elton John 6/13 but postponed.

https://fargodome.com/event-calendar

There is a Final decision meeting for Fargo in June 1

if it is to happen, states will probably just choose their teams. This will largely be based on who is willing to go (not wanting to go because of the virus, not being in Fargo shape due to lack of training, state, local, school system or parent rules, etc)

Basically is it does happen, the field will be extremely weak and the titles won’t mean nearly as much. 

3 hours ago, Housebuye said:

if it is to happen, states will probably just choose their teams. This will largely be based on who is willing to go (not wanting to go because of the virus, not being in Fargo shape due to lack of training, state, local, school system or parent rules, etc)

Basically is it does happen, the field will be extremely weak and the titles won’t mean nearly as much. 

If my little Johnny won Fargo this year there wouldn't be an asterisk.  :)

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

USAW sent out a survey to state leaders a week ago to gauge how many would actually send kids. This will play into the June 1 meeting among all the other details such as testing, lodging, travel, etc.

The City of Fargo just removed the cots from the Fargodome floor a few days ago, nationals would be the first event in there since early March. Living in Fargo, being involved on state boards and hearing from USAW officials, 99.999999% chance it doesn't happen as scheduled in my opinion and less reason to push training.