TheOhioState

Would you go to dual held today?

27 minutes ago, vegetable lasagna said:

Our lifestyles mess things up. It's a fact. The vast majority of medical problems - heart disease, diabetes, cancer, to name just a few. are due to lifestyle - what we eat,  stress, polution, tabacco, alchohol, drugs, etc.. Again, we survived just fine for almost the entirety of our species' history without modern medicine. The modern lifestyle necessitated modern medicine. I'd be happy to give up both.

Ah yes, the good old days before modern medicine when people typically died before age 35. What a golden age that was.

41 minutes ago, pamela said:

Ah yes, the good old days before modern medicine when people typically died before age 35. What a golden age that was.

My appendix would have taken me out at nine.  Stoopid modern medicine.  

Yes, Ben Franklin died at 34. Same with George Washington.

Plus, the Amish and Hacidic Jews all die off at 34 years old because they don't get vaccinated.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

You could have stopped after the first 3 words.

Same to you.

Baaa, baa, baaa. Where's the flock? Baa, baa, baa.

I need to feel safe from a disease that has a 99% recovery rate. Baa, baa, baa.

Plus, Trump is a meanie. Baa, baa, baa.

I'm a scared!

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Same to you.

Baaa, baa, baaa. Where's the flock? Baa, baa, baa.

I need to feel safe from a disease that has a 99% recovery rate. Baa, baa, baa.

Plus, Trump is a meanie. Baa, baa, baa.

I'm a scared!

Other than the obvious immature inanity demonstrated, if I had stopped after my first three words I would have said "You could have".  I'm cut to the quick!

12 hours ago, vegetable lasagna said:

Our lifestyles mess things up. It's a fact. The vast majority of medical problems - heart disease, diabetes, cancer, to name just a few. are due to lifestyle - what we eat,  stress, polution, tabacco, alchohol, drugs, etc.. Again, we survived just fine for almost the entirety of our species' history without modern medicine. The modern lifestyle necessitated modern medicine. I'd be happy to give up both.

No we did not "survive just fine". Life expectancy was like 40 until modern medicine came around. Quite frankly, you're an idiot and have no idea what you're taking about. 

12 hours ago, pamela said:

That's a little misleading. The 35 number is the mean life expectancy. But, lots of people died as children. If you survived chilhood, you could expect to live to what we now consider old-age. 

I have no idea how this could be the case, but it's what I read. . . somewhere . . . and I might be totally wrong . . . but I'm posting it anyway because I'm touched . . . quarantine ennui.

8 hours ago, madcat11 said:

Back then your barber could have taken care of it for ya.

Good point- forgot all about barber surgery, bloodletting, and leeches, but I think that was only 1500s to 1700s.  Veggie Lasagna in all his wisdom gave us "a few hundred thousand years" of thriving humanity before modern medicine.  Actually I would have been dead several times over by now.  The wrestling transferred staph infection that trashed me in college probably would have done it too.    

10 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Life expectancy was like 40 until modern medicine came around. 

Maybe for idiots like you that couldn't figure out a healthy lifestyle. People that can figure it out do as well or better than those who surrender all responsiblity to "modern medicine."

21 hours ago, vegetable lasagna said:

Maybe for idiots like you that couldn't figure out a healthy lifestyle. People that can figure it out do as well or better than those who surrender all responsiblity to "modern medicine."

You made a claim, I countered your claim, and you come back with this? You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't have children, we don't need young people brainwashed by idiots like you. 

5 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

You made a claim, I countered your claim, and you come back with this? You have no idea what you're talking about. Don't have children, we don't need young people brainwashed by idiots like you. 

Are you in your basement hiding in the closet from the virus? You seem like a full blown coward. Dur dur dur. Funny how you always use the word "idiot" lol. The special Olympics called, they need there bronze medalist back.

37 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Are you in your basement hiding in the closet from the virus? You seem like a full blown coward. Dur dur dur. Funny how you always use the word "idiot" lol. The special Olympics called, they need there bronze medalist back.

I made no claims whatsoever about the virus, what are you even on about? You have zero reading comprehension skills. 

1 hour ago, Ohio Elite said:

The special Olympics called, they need there bronze medalist back.

I know this is an internet message board, but If you are going to insult someone's intelligence, try to use correct spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and capitalization. Having four errors in one small sentence does not drive home your point.    

Anyway, please elaborate on how one's level of courage negates the rules and trends of microbiology and virus behavior.

Edited by matts1w

4 minutes ago, matts1w said:

I know this is an internet message board, but If you are going to insult someone's intelligence, try to use correct spelling, punctuation, sentence structure, and capitalization. Having four errors in one small sentence does not drive home your point.    

Thank you Mr. Grammar Nazi, I shall take your advice for future comments.

21 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Thank you Mr. Grammar Nazi, I shall take your advice for future comments.

I'm just saying if you are going to get in here and mix it up, do better than laying on your belly and reaching back for someone's head. 

I'm still waiting on your ideas about courage and COVID19.  My best friend is literally hiding in his basement while trying to ride out the pandemic.  He knows a little bit about courage after spending two years Afghanistan.  He is also just barely on the other side of leukemia...at least we all hope so.  Maybe you could give him a pep talk about being brave?        

9 minutes ago, matts1w said:

I'm just saying if you are going to get in here and mix it up, do better than laying on your belly and reaching back for someone's head. 

I'm still waiting on your ideas about courage and COVID19.  My best friend is literally hiding in his basement while trying to ride out the pandemic.  He knows a little bit about courage after spending two years Afghanistan.  He is also just barely on the other side of leukemia...at least we all hope so.  Maybe you could give him a pep talk about being brave?        

I think you meant scamdemic! I apologize if my grammar is not an A+

1 minute ago, Ohio Elite said:

I think you meant scamdemic! 

Let me get this straight.  You are saying my friend with leukemia is being scammed by COVID19, 100,000 dead Americans since January, and scientists/doctors? 

Just now, matts1w said:

Let me get this straight.  You are saying my friend with leukemia is being scammed by COVID19, 100,000 dead Americans since January, and scientists/doctors? 

I think you watch too much TV bro

1 minute ago, Ohio Elite said:

I think you watch too much TV bro

I don't think you answer questions...bro.  I will say you have absolutely demonstrated to everyone here your position.  We get you.  Cheers.

2 minutes ago, matts1w said:

I don't think you answer questions...bro.  I will say you have absolutely demonstrated to everyone here your position.  We get you.  Cheers.

Elon Musk said it best, of you got bit in half by a shark and had covid 19, they would call it a covid death. Get real bro

6 minutes ago, Ohio Elite said:

Elon Musk said it best, of you got bit in half by a shark and had covid 19, they would call it a covid death. Get real bro

Again, we get you.  Thanks.  

On 5/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, ionel said:

just an fyi: a mask doesn't protect you, it may help protect others if you are contagious 

In part mostly true.  But if you are not contagious but have pre existing conditions that make you more succeptible to catching a virus,  it is best if you wear one and others around you wear one.  

As for attending a college dual in person now....I'd probably stay home like most of you do for college duals,  just watch it on someone's Facebook feed, and then moan and groan when they drop the program  (sarcasm for those of you at morphine drip speed cognitive ability).   I've been to college duals for every division and some of the smaller DII and DIII (non powerhouse teams)  have loyal fans and wind up with larger crowds than some DI programs.   I've been spoiled for my DI experiences with duals at OSU,  OU, and Nebraska...however,  I have also been to Slippery Rock and Edinboro...Boro has great crowds for school size (DII in most sports).   Slippery Rock got axed in my opinion to having horrendous home dual crowds.  It is a shame too on SRU, because I thought in their last year or two they were trending up.  Barring the school transitioning to DI overall,  SRU would come back as a DII now if it were to happen.