Sign in to follow this  
Creek chub

James Green

Why would he leave one room with a stud 74 (Burroughs) for another (Mekhi)?  You would think if he was leaving Nebraska, it would be for a room with a stud 65 and 86 but no competition at 74.

Hard to imagine Green competes into the next cycle. He's already made 5 world teams and medaled. Add the major injuries for the last few years all signs point to one last hurrah.

SERTC/ Va Tech would be smart to keep him around to mentor and roll with Lewis.

3 hours ago, GranbyTroll said:

He told Bader that VA Tech was a good choice because it's close to his and his wife's family. Sounds like it had more to do with his personal life than him actually making the Olympic Team. 

Are you telling me some people have more than wrestling in their life?

6 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Because he wants to be the #1.  Difficult to beat the best in the game when he gets a look at you every single day.

What a great point. Let me ask you this - while I have no doubt what you say is true do you think him getting a look at Burroughs everyday increases his chances of winning a little as well?

My wife and I went to grad school there. Great town, and anyone who had the ability to establish roots there, and make a good living, would be in a great position. 

After he's done at the international level, if he can coach there, Blacksburg would be a great place to live. Great schools in town, plenty of outdoors stuff to do, surprisingly good music scene in town with various groups and performers coming to VT, etc. 

13 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

What a great point. Let me ask you this - while I have no doubt what you say is true do you think him getting a look at Burroughs everyday increases his chances of winning a little as well?

Not in my opinion, no. Burroughs is better at adjusting than Green.  That is my opinion.  So Green needs more drastic changes and improvement than Burroughs to challenge him appropriately, let alone defeat him in a best of three(if he even gets there).

13 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

Also add in coaching.  Coaches say there is no bias in it, however Burroughs is their prized pony.  Not only has he proven that in peak performance, but he also brings in more as far as exposure.  They will give him the bias that he requires.

Not saying that is the case, but the coaches will give Burroughs more attention because he deserves more attention.

On 6/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, nhs67 said:

Because he wants to be the #1.  Difficult to beat the best in the game when he gets a look at you every single day.

The problem is, he has to go through a trials tournament and beat Dake, IMar, Nolf, Massa, Mekhi, etc. before he even gets a crack at Burroughs.  If his goal really was to make the Olympic Team, it makes more sense for him to stay in Nebraska with Burroughs rather than move to VaTech and train with Mekhi, a guy who he is more likely to face in the trials.  

4 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Also add in coaching.  Coaches say there is no bias in it, however Burroughs is their prized pony.  Not only has he proven that in peak performance, but he also brings in more as far as exposure.  They will give him the bias that he requires.

Not saying that is the case, but the coaches will give Burroughs more attention because he deserves more attention.

Isn't Mekhi VaTech's prized pony too?  He is their first and only NCAA champ after all.  

8 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Oh absolutely. I would have assumed, wrongly probably, that people would realize this.