You guys do realize you are doing exactly the same thing to each other??  I disagree with you so your post is divisive.  No wait...I disagree with you so YOUR post is divisive.  It's funny (actually sad) to watch from an "outsiders" perspective.

With him deleting his twitter it is tough to tell what exactly he has said in the past, since he doesn't seem important enough to have many other screenshots floating around

Doing some googling, you can see about half of some of the tweets.   The two worst I found are:

"One last point on the name of the virus b/c y'all will just believe what you want to believe anyway and like to ignore facts: 'Chinese' isn't a race; it's a nationality.  So call it 'nationalist' if you want, but not racist"

"Unfortunately, we lost that backbone from 2008-2016"  (not specifically racist but he obviously wasn't an Obama fan I take it)

3 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Those tweets are considered racists??  Seriously asking.

No, but based on like the 30 or so tweets that you can read half of on google, they certainly suggest that there were likely worse somewhere in there or other replies.  We may never know unless someone has screenshots.

1 hour ago, DoubleHalf said:

LJB- why are you so defensive of someone who I assume you don’t know saying things that are at an absolute minimum highly divisive, borderline incoherent and just plain ignorant? 

At first I can never understand why others defend that kind of behavior until I realize it’s most likely because the people that do defend it are most likely in the same boat and share those views. That type of sensationalism and divisive rhetoric is why we can’t see past party affiliation let alone try to solve inequality issues that exist. 

I don’t disagree that some may call ‘racist’ at any drop of that hat and that’s not right, but this I think is clearly not one of those cases. Not all disgusting behavior and opinions should be defended ‘just because.’ Why not try taking another perspective or looking at this from another lens? 

i am not defending beshada... anyone with any real sense can easily see that... 

real sense...

i wish all the dolts would stop and consider that for a moment, but, if they did, they would not be dolts...

i am deriding the notion that anyone who says anything race related, or controversial, or against your party affiliated lines, or somehting that isn't "nice", or somehting that doesn't fit the medias narrative, or somehting that just is plain stupid, is automatically a racist because screaming that at the drop of a hat is so the thing to do to get your clicks and make you feel like you have accomplished somehting...

it is disgusting behavior and does absolutely nothing to help the real problem...

all i have asked for is one thing beshada has said that is racist and so far all no one has been able to provide one thing... just silly comments like "i know what i read"

just lazy...

and as far as you implying that i must be racist because i am questioning the mob, i will continue to point and laugh at the lot of you while being equally thankful for the reminder of how average so many are... it is a constant reminder that i am doing alright...

42 minutes ago, dman115 said:

Those tweets are considered racists??  Seriously asking.

you can find monsters where ever you look if you try hard enough... it is especially easy when you have a mob behind you while trying...

5 minutes ago, LJB said:

you can find monsters where ever you look if you try hard enough... it is especially easy when you have a mob behind you while trying...

I sort of agree with that...hard part of it all is what if there are monsters?  That's why I think sometimes all the "good" the mob is trying to do get's offset by their own behavior.

8 minutes ago, dman115 said:

I sort of agree with that...hard part of it all is what if there are monsters?  That's why I think sometimes all the "good" the mob is trying to do get's offset by their own behavior.

oh, there are definitely monsters in this world... they are safe behind their walls and they laugh together at poor people destroying their own neighborhoods... it makes a great distraction and the video is easily manipulated to form a narrative for whatever agenda they really have...

case in point...

stay home, close your businesses, hide from the world and create an economic catastrophe because of a boogie bug...

that is unless you want to gather by the literal thousands all over this country and make other headlines that will help us in a few months... in that case the boogie bug is no problem...

but, people love to be manipulated as long as they have a team they cant chant for...

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

"One last point on the name of the virus b/c y'all will just believe what you want to believe anyway and like to ignore facts: 'Chinese' isn't a race; it's a nationality.  So call it 'nationalist' if you want, but not racist"

Semantics. Nationalism by way of negative integration at the bare minimum has racial undertones, and frequently devolves into more obvious forms of racism. People want to tell everyone to read history on this forum. I would suggest looking into German history from Bismarck to the third Reich.

...and yes, I realize that was Beshada's comment. 

Edited by russelscout

12 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Good thing that thread on the unnamed wrestlers dietary beliefs and who thrives at what latitudes is nowhere to be found anymore!

Had informed some people about this today when thinking about the current climate. Went back to listen to make sure I indeed heard him correctly because it’s that baffling. Still as uncomfortable and wrong

47 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Good thing that thread on the unnamed wrestlers dietary beliefs and who thrives at what latitudes is nowhere to be found anymore!

I noticed JB dropped the "I'm getting younger every day" line during that USA wrestling video.   Was he possibly trying to imply something about KD?

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I noticed JB dropped the "I'm getting younger every day" line during that USA wrestling video.   Was he possibly trying to imply something about KD?

That Benjamin Button disease can be contagious through close contact?

Edited by MadMardigain

On 6/9/2020 at 7:30 PM, LJB said:

You don’t have an argument... you just claim he is a racist because he posted something that is race related and while incredibly stupid, was not factually incorrect...

go find one real “racist” public comment he has made and show it off...

what you just did is one of the major issues in this country...

I don’t like it or agree with what was said so I’ll just say the most heinous yet trite thing that is popular to say at the moment...

again... deplorable 

I never claimed his post was explicitly racist.  Read within the context of the current cultural climate (chosen as the moment to voice his opinion), his far right nationalism, and extreme social conservatism, however, I stand by my posts.

Unfortunately (for this discussion), he's since taken his social media accounts down, but I'm pretty sure his socio-political ideology has been documented elsewhere.

And once again, for clarity's sake, I suspect he's a racist.  I don't know he's a racist, am not accusing him of being a racist, but won't be at all shocked if my suspicions are later concerned.

Finally, I agree that throwing accusations around, and even suspicions, is deplorable when you simply disagree.  Were I to post about you, what I have about Beshada, that would be worthy of derision.  I also agree that it probably happens more than it should.  I'm not sure it's a major issue in America right now, but it certainly contributes to the current cultural divide (personally, I think the cultural divide is as deeply rooted as it is wide, has been a long time coming, and will persist until it somehow comes to a head, but that's fruit for another discussion).

On 6/8/2020 at 2:39 PM, Katie said:

Let's assume that in years past NFL teams did not sign Colin Kapernick because his political beliefs would have negatively impacted their bottom line. As far as I know, there was nothing illegal about that.

Further, I don't think there was anything wrong with that. Kapernick knew that voicing an unpopular opinion would have consequences. That's the way things have always been in this country, and -- in my opinion -- the way things should be.

What's the alternative? Having the government require people to spend their money in ways they don't want to?

As much as I support Kaepernik's demonstration, I don't think I can reasonably disagree with your analysis.

IIRC, he either won his lawsuit against the NFL, or they settled, but even that probably doesn't impugn your claim.

Fair point all around, even if it somewhat infuriates me.

2 hours ago, whaletail said:

As much as I support Kaepernik's demonstration, I don't think I can reasonably disagree with your analysis.

IIRC, he either won his lawsuit against the NFL, or they settled, but even that probably doesn't impugn your claim.

I don’t watch football, but I always agreed with Kaepernick’s general message (at least as I understand it). So we probably have similar views on the matter.

Edited by Katie

Lot of layers to Kap's action.  The kneeling I personally would not do and not a fan of.  HOWEVER, his action is a big part of what the flag stands for and what the military fights for.  And you also have to consider the context (that a whole lot of people still don't know) that it was a military special forces officer who told him he should kneel, as that is how they showed respect to the fallen, and stood there with his hand on Kap's shoulder while he knelt.  That matters.  Additionally, the cause is a necessary cause. 

Some of his other actions, the pig socks for example, are in direct conflict with being productive in that cause.  

3 hours ago, whaletail said:

Kap lost credibility when he said hes kneeling because of the mistreatment of black people but in another interview giving praise to Fidel Castro who literally treated all black citizens like absolute trash and killed god knows how many more, he also would wear his stupid Che guerva shirt who also did not like black people, mixed in with his cops are pigs socks and it hard to take someone like that seriously.

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Lot of layers to Kap's action.  The kneeling I personally would not do and not a fan of.  HOWEVER, his action is a big part of what the flag stands for and what the military fights for.  And you also have to consider the context (that a whole lot of people still don't know) that it was a military special forces officer who told him he should kneel, as that is how they showed respect to the fallen, and stood there with his hand on Kap's shoulder while he knelt.  That matters.  Additionally, the cause is a necessary cause. 

Some of his other actions, the pig socks for example, are in direct conflict with being productive in that cause.  

My question is who the hell gave that military special forces guy the authority to speak for the other millions of veterans walking around, i see this guy brought up all time but what about the countless veterans I know ( of all races) that think it’s an absolute crock. As I’ve seen suggested by many, why couldn’t everyone take a knee in solidarity either right before or right after then anthem, then your message is loud and clear, everyone is behind you and you don’t alienate half the country, but nooooo that’s unacceptable ,can’t do that because the whole thing wasn’t a bring people together situation, or a raise awareness situation , it’s us vs them mentality.

and now he’s calling for cops to be defunded, which obviously hurts poor, urban communities the most, so for real how much does Kap really give a damn about anyone but himself?

2 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

My question is who the hell gave that military special forces guy the authority to speak for the other millions of veterans walking around, i see this guy brought up all time but what about the countless veterans I know ( of all races) that think it’s an absolute crock. As I’ve seen suggested by many, why couldn’t everyone take a knee in solidarity either right before or right after then anthem, then your message is loud and clear, everyone is behind you and you don’t alienate half the country, but nooooo that’s unacceptable ,can’t do that because the whole thing wasn’t a bring people together situation, or a raise awareness situation , it’s us vs them mentality.

and now he’s calling for cops to be defunded, which obviously hurts poor, urban communities the most, so for real how much does Kap really give a damn about anyone but himself?

He didn't suggest he should kneel because every single military veteran will agree with it.  He suggested he kneel because that was the show of respect the military used for the fallen, and it would be a much better way to protest than sitting on the bench.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He didn't suggest he should kneel because every single military veteran will agree with it.  He suggested he kneel because that was the show of respect the military used for the fallen, and it would be a much better way to protest than sitting on the bench.

The way the military honor the fallen is when they stand for the anthem and look at that flag and they reflect on the millions upon millions who died for this country so we can be free, and a man who hates America, who is more likely a complete fraud, someone how changed that perception and now we have more people who hate America like lebron James pushing the kneeling like it should be a mandatory thing...when someone dies overseas and they don’t have a body to return to the family the ONLY thing the family gets is a folded flag, so when they see a guy whose been a millionaire since he was  child talking about how America is a garbage place and doesn’t care about people then kneels and in the opinion of millions, disrespects our flag, then the whole message is lost 

10 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

The way the military honor the fallen is when they stand for the anthem and look at that flag and they reflect on the millions upon millions who died for this country so we can be free, and a man who hates America, who is more likely a complete fraud, someone how changed that perception and now we have more people who hate America like lebron James pushing the kneeling like it should be a mandatory thing...when someone dies overseas and they don’t have a body to return to the family the ONLY thing the family gets is a folded flag, so when they see a guy whose been a millionaire since he was  child talking about how America is a garbage place and doesn’t care about people then kneels and in the opinion of millions, disrespects our flag, then the whole message is lost 

Hahah wow... Given your passion for the military and honoring them, you must really hate the sitting president given all the draft deferments...

25 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

lol. that guy who you claim has "been a millionaire since he was a child" was born to a single, 16 year old mother with no father figure in his life and spent his early years hopping from apartment to apartment in rough parts of Akron while his mother attempted to find work.

45 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Kap lost credibility when he said hes kneeling because of the mistreatment of black people but in another interview giving praise to Fidel Castro who literally treated all black citizens like absolute trash and killed god knows how many more, he also would wear his stupid Che guerva shirt who also did not like black people, mixed in with his cops are pigs socks and it hard to take someone like that seriously.

Didn't Castro write discrimination laws immediately after the coup? Didn't he offer asylum to African Americans during the civil rights? Didn't he support African revolutions? Im not saying he was a civil rights activist by any means. He was a ruthless dictator, but I would be curious to know what this is referring to:

45 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Fidel Castro who literally treated all black citizens like absolute trash and killed god knows how many more

Che and Fidel are not good guys. I won't defend them as people. However, I hate how they get brought up in discussion about America as if America=Good and Che and Fidel=bad. America and the support of Batista(who was probably worse than Fidel), the CIA backed coup of Guatemala, and really our countries entire foreign policy in Central and South America most certainly led to Che's motivations and likely Fidel's too. When that is taken into context, what they represent brings on a whole new meaning than just "bad guys".

Edited by russelscout

31 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Hey, I’m just talking about where it came from, and all that the flag stands for. In case you missed it I said I don’t like the kneeling either, but I believe in the idea that the flag stands for, and the military fought for, the right to do it. I just don’t like it. 

19 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hey, I’m just talking about where it came from, and all that the flag stands for. In case you missed it I said I don’t like the kneeling either, but I believe in the idea that the flag stands for, and the military fought for, the right to do it. I just don’t like it. 

The US Military industrial complex does not have sole claim to the US flag.  

I get that you aren’t saying that, I’m just pointing it out in general and accidentally quoted the last post.

Edited by jchapman