Asking for it to be 170lbs rather than 163lbs doesn't seem like asking for much, unless you're looking at the body of work of these two.

Chamizo isn't that long removed from 65 keggers and Dake is a two time defending world champion at 79 keggers.

Make it 75 keggers and I'm happy.

Just now, nhs67 said:

I think asking for more than the 1kg is a bit much. Chamizo still very much looks like he wouldn't have difficulty making 70 keggers if he needed to.

This is coming from a Dake fanboy...

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Making 70kg and performing well at 70kg under the current weigh-in rules are two very different things. 170 would be fine for an exhibition.

Oh no, I get that.  That is why I said 'needed to' and not 'wanted to' because it's obvious he doesn't want to make 70 keggers.

And yes, I'd be fine with 170(77.5 keggers) for an exhibition, but obviously Chamizo isn't.  If they're looking to make the match both guys need to want the match enough, and as it looks... Chamizo is looking for a reason to not want it.

That isn't calling it a duck because I'm a Dake or USofA fan... that is calling it a duck, because he has shown and proven that he has no problem ducking.

Dake better accept this cause if not we will never see him against elite foreigners and once jb beats him hell be old and he'll never see elite competition in his career besides jb who he cant beat

May I paraphrase? JB > Dake

21 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its obvious Chamizo just doesn't want the match. sorta like when he forfeited to burroughs last year.

eyeroll. yeah, it's obvious. he's a well undersized 74 and dake is asking for 8lbs. (allegedly)

12 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

Ok stupid question of the day from me....if this match occurs, it would be an exhibition and not count toward world rankings, correct?

Correct, they wouldn’t get seeding points. They are the only thing that matters, rankings are subjective anyway. 

Edited by Ogalthorpe Haywood

8 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

Correct, they wouldn’t get seeding points. They are the only thing that matters, rankings are subjective anyway. 

Right on. That's what I meant...Just seeing if there would be any reprucussions for the loser other than hurt pride.  

25 minutes ago, fullnelson said:

Chamizo just wants the match to measure Dake for next year; he wants a test run.

Remember USA V India at the World Cup last year or year before?

Dake launching that poor kid?

He'll do it more easily against the Italicubano.

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

I like Chamizo, but he is a ducker.  As someone said in another thread, JO (65kg) has no problem taking on Nolf (74kg) for the same event.

Interestingly enough Nolf's last competition weight was 79 keggers.

18 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Interestingly enough Nolf's last competition weight was 79 keggers.

Wrestling up a few keggers was his easiest OTT qualification path.

19 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Perhaps, but  you're comparing a pedestrian guy from India to a perennial medal threat? 

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

Perhaps, but  you're comparing a pedestrian guy from India to a perennial medal threat? 

Was a half-joke fanboy comment.  There are no grounds to even be able to make this sort of projection/prediction.