8 hours ago, LJB said:

a kegger actually weighs about as much as a backwards hat frat guy, which, is considerably more than 73kgs after the first semester...

I mean... not considerably.  Being as 74 keggers is my competition weight, I don't like to get too far above that.

After two years of eating and adjusting his body, I bet 74kgs is a real struggle for Dake nowadays.  I bet he's actually more comfortable at 79 and would guess he moves back there even if JB retires after this cycle. 

Edited by Gantry

21 minutes ago, Gantry said:

After two years of eating and adjusting his body, I bet 74kgs is a real struggle for Dake nowadays.  I bet he's actually more comfortable at 79 and would guess he moves back there even if JB retires after this cycle. 

I'm okay with him going 79 keggers non-oly.  74 would be best for anything related to Oly for seeding purposes.

I'd like to see him go one more full cycle, though.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

Gawd I hope not.  If somebody medals we'll be in for another quad of whining.

I should have been more clear, even if he beats out JB for the spot I think he's back up to 79kg on non-Olympic years.  Assuming he sticks around for another cycle.   I just think he's no longer comfortable there and only will do it for Olympic years.

Edited by Gantry

Having seen both guys up close in the last 3-ish years (Chamizo more recently), in my head Dake is quite a bit bigger. I don't think it's fair to call it a duck by Chamizo. I think this is a case where they aren't really made for the same weight class. 

55 minutes ago, Return of Aztec said:

Having seen both guys up close in the last 3-ish years (Chamizo more recently), in my head Dake is quite a bit bigger. I don't think it's fair to call it a duck by Chamizo. I think this is a case where they aren't really made for the same weight class. 

Chamizo has medaled at worlds at every weight class under 79 keggers whereas Dake has only ever made worlds at 79 keggers and is undefeated at worlds.

They were made for different weight classes.

I'm having trouble with the Oliver vs. Nolf comparison to Chamizo vs. Dake. Two of those dudes are domestic names with not much senior level international experience, and zero world or Olympic medals. By contrast, the other two guys have two world titles a piece, one having another silver and two bronze medals, one from Worlds and one from the Olympic Games. They're not the same things.

Yes, Chamizo is a notorious ducker who...check notes...competed as many times as anyone in the World last year...GTFOH. 

If you want to see people wrestle against Chamizo on a regular basis, ask them why they don't enter tournaments!