Iowa- Jake Marlin

Illinois-  Bryce Brill, Lee Munster, Matt Boggess

Kansas- Nathan Furches, Sharky Slyter 

Ohio- Collin Palmer, Tony Jameson, Sam White 

New York- Steven Keith 

Arizona- Ryak Finch 

Brill was GREAT.  Unfortunately suffered from serious neck injuries at NW

1 hour ago, ShakaAloha said:

What is this a list of?  I am having a hard time thinking of what all these guys have in common.

I have no idea, I picked guys that I enjoyed to watch wrestle who aren't really ever talked about anymore.

8 hours ago, portajohn said:

Every time i hear of Cooperman I think of his match against David Hoffman at the '98 Nat Preps. It was a a goodie 

I never saw that match, can you give me a rundown of it and why you enjoyed it so much?

Speaking of National Prep matches that were great, Kellan Russell vs Minga Batsukh (Definitely spelled it wrong, ha). St. Benedict's brought in some good wrestlers from Mongolia then. I think 1 AA at the Citadel, bagna toujouv wrestled for George Mason and was a 3 or 4 time NQ. Minga was a 3x NC for St. John's. Wondered how he would've fared in D1

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

What is this a list of?  I am having a hard time thinking of what all these guys have in common.

Appears to be a list of guys who never lived up to their potential due to injuries or other things getting in the way.

17 minutes ago, Cementmixer103 said:

Speaking of National Prep matches that were great, Kellan Russell vs Minga Batsukh (Definitely spelled it wrong, ha). St. Benedict's brought in some good wrestlers from Mongolia then. I think 1 AA at the Citadel, bagna toujouv wrestled for George Mason and was a 3 or 4 time NQ. Minga was a 3x NC for St. John's. Wondered how he would've fared in D1

Batsukh had a super interesting style. Loved watching him wrestle. I'd be interested in that Kellen Russell match if anyone has it?

23 hours ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Add whoever you'd like... 

Iowa- Jake Marlin

New York- Steven Keith 

Arizona- Ryak Finch 

Collin Palmer and Tony Jameson pretty well documented.  I don't remember what injury Sam White had but I remember how tough he was in high school and being surprised he didn't do well in college.  White split with Jaime Clark of St. Ed in the state finals his junior and senior year (I think Clark was a year or two younger).  Come to think of it Clark is another I thought would do more in college (I think he went to Illinois).  Clark had two wins against David Taylor in high school.  Both Clark and White were elite national level lightweights, they were just overshadowed by generational talents Logan Stieber and David Taylor. 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:49 AM, Keisha_Phillips said:

Add whoever you'd like... 

Iowa- Jake Marlin

New York- Steven Keith 

Arizona- Ryak Finch 

LOVE New York- Steven Keith 

Guys I thought would be a lot more successful (this is NOT a knock on them, D1 wrestling is tough, ya know?) ;

Patrick Bond

David Craig

Scott Winston

Andrew Campolattano

Alex Meade (hurt or not, remember when he beat Dutin Schlatter as a freshman?)

Everyone who wrestled for Bishop Lynch, TX from 2003 - 2006/7

Mike Rogers (Easton PA, committed to Nebraska, never happened)

Darling

Brooks Black (can't remember but was he constantly dealing with injuries?)

Michael Chaires from CBA, NY

This list could get long...

Anyone have an update on Ryan Lang?  I really was pulling for him his senior year.  But school he fell into a pretty rough spot for awhile.  Then found his way back on track with a group of MMA fighters and a stint fighting in the cage.   After that I haven’t heard anything. Hopefully he’s still on a positive trajectory.  

Yeah this site is about as much social media as I do to keep up with people. 

Edited by MadMardigain

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

Anyone have an update on Ryan Lang?  I really was pulling for him his senior year.  But school he fell into a pretty rough spot for awhile.  Then found his way back on track with a group of MMA fighters and a stint fighting in the cage.   After that I haven’t heard anything. Hopefully he’s still on a positive trajectory.  

Yeah this site is about as much social media as I do to keep up with people. 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ryan-lang-73006710