ConnorsDad

Mark Hall to PRTC

2 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

is this a surprise to anyone else?

this is interesting. With all the hubbub about the slush fund etc.. does this mean he gets the post college NLWC money and double dips with the benefactors of The Penn RTC kicking in some cheese? 

5 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

this is interesting. With all the hubbub about the slush fund etc.. does this mean he gets the post college NLWC money and double dips with the benefactors of The Penn RTC kicking in some cheese? 

no its means the NLWC wasn't into it. Notice that Hall wasn't on an olympic footing at any point this year? 

10 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

I’m not sure. Please explain. I’m not sure what Olympic fitting is. Sorry if that seems naive. Not sure what that means.

I think what he means is Hall hasn't competed at the senior level in quite some time.  I also think it has to do with NLWC having three 74kg guys on their roster in Gomez (even though he competes for PR), Nolf, and Joseph.  There is not room to carry a fourth, and he is too small for 86kg.

9 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

thank you shaka, better response than mine.

I saw your response after I posted. Question - So even though I think.most people would say he is a step above Nolf and Zain, since they got there first he is out?

4 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

I saw your response after I posted. Question - So even though I think.most people would say he is a step above Nolf and Zain, since they got there first he is out?

You really think people think he is above nolf and Zain? 

He has no offence, and has been static since getting to college. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

7 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

You really think people think he is above nolf and Zain? 

He has no offence, and has been static since getting to college. 

In freestyle, yes. Could be wrong. But going to the PRTC will, IMO, not help him as much as other RTC's. We shall see. Thanks. Time to eat.

Also Chase Pami recently left Penn to start a club in Vegas. Pami ran the youth club at the RTC. Yes Mark’s relationship with Slay probably played a big part but there are many opportunities at Penn in terms of coaching imo and there aren’t the log jam of stars that there are at PSU.  

I’ve taken my team to Penn State’s camp twice and imo Hall was the best clinician there out of the athletes.  

Edited by AnklePicker

1 hour ago, AnklePicker said:

Also Chase Pami recently left Penn to start a club in Vegas. Pami ran the youth club at the RTC. Yes Mark’s relationship with Slay probably played a big part but there are many opportunities at Penn in terms of coaching imo and there aren’t the log jam of stars that there are at PSU.  

I’ve taken my team to Penn State’s camp twice and imo Hall was the best clinician there out of the athletes.  

Mark Hall is a great individual.  His celebrations rubbed some the wrong way but he is a quality human being.  His wrestling was based on amazing technical detail and I am not surprised that as a clinician he was shining.

hamerlockthree might be the dumbest person on the internet today.

Really not sure why people believe that the most accomplished freestyler among the group(Retherford, Hall, Nolf, Joseph, hell even Nickal) wouldn't get a seat at the table, if he wanted it.

This has less to do with where he was and more to do with where he wants to be.  He has stated several times he WILL compete, but his goal is coaching.  He would get that, but his drive is going to be much different than those seeking world gold medals.  I could see him being fine with staying at 79 keggers and just giving that a go as long as he feels he can compete top 3-5ish(we was #4 for us last year).

With Valencia(and Ringer) potentially going to 86 keggers for the indefinite, and Dake potentially going to 74 keggers for the indefinte, that leaves Marky Mark as the #1 79 kegger guy domestically.  Who else is beating him there right now?

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Hall then Nolf then Joseph

This was the very clear order back when they competed for the same jr team spot. I think Nolf is clearly still ahead of Joseph. I wonder if Nolf might have passed Hall at some point. I think Hall is pretty close to the same guy he was then. On the other hand, I think he's a great match up for Nolf.

With that being said, Hall has been pretty adamant that he can't make 74 kg and has publicly stated that he is currently 200+ lbs. Penn State fans for years insisted that he was a small 174, and he does look kind of small, but those in the know have said all along that he's a lot bigger than he looks. He must have dense bones.

43 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

This was the very clear order back when they competed for the same jr team spot. I think Nolf is clearly still ahead of Joseph. I wonder if Nolf might have passed Hall at some point. I think Hall is pretty close to the same guy he was then. On the other hand, I think he's a great match up for Nolf.

With that being said, Hall has been pretty adamant that he can't make 74 kg and has publicly stated that he is currently 200+ lbs. Penn State fans for years insisted that he was a small 174, and he does look kind of small, but those in the know have said all along that he's a lot bigger than he looks. He must have dense bones.

I've got Hall and Nolf as a toss-up....with Joseph the odd man out it seems. I thought the same about Nolf passing Hall with this last year to focus on freestyle. On a separate note, I find it interesting that Hall would now be 26+ pounds over his college competition weight.... seems excessive given that 86kg is 15 lbs over his college competition weight. Maybe the lockdown has got the best of him. Whatever the case, he will be in shape when it's time to go. On another separate note...I wonder if part of the decision to go to the PRTC was getting away from the same workout partners he's had for 5 years. You can get in a rut with the same guys day in and day out. Different coaching and workout partners might expand his game. IMO of course. 

Edited by Idaho