Jump to content
ConnorsDad

Mark Hall to PRTC

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

hammerlock is the worst poster on these boards

 

2 hours ago, Class said:

hamerlockthree might be the dumbest person on the internet today

Because he entertained the idea that Hall could go to tOSU? If that's your reasoning,  then see Gillman, Snyder, Green, Cox, , Dieringer, Suriano,  IMAR, etc. who have all changed it up in the last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I've got Hall and Nolf as a toss-up....with Joseph the odd man out it seems. I thought the same about Nolf passing Hall with this last year to focus on freestyle. On a separate note, I find it interesting that Hall would now be 26+ pounds over his college competition weight.... seems excessive given that 86kg is 15 lbs over his college competition weight. Maybe the lockdown has got the best of him. Whatever the case, he will be in shape when it's time to go. On another separate note...I wonder if part of the decision to go to the PRTC was getting away from the same workout partners he's had for 5 years. You can get in a rut with the same guys day in and day out. Different coaching and workout partners might expand his game. IMO of course. 

The thing is he doesn't look out of shape at 200+ and I would have guessed 185 tops. I just think he's heavier than he actually looks. 

I think you're right about the new partners and he had a lot of success wrestling under Slay back in the day. He also has DT at 86 kg in the same room if he's really going to push for the olympic team. He's also going to be pretty close, so I bet he'll still be in the psu room every now and then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

The thing is he doesn't look out of shape at 200+ and I would have guessed 185 tops. I just think he's heavier than he actually looks. 

I think you're right about the new partners and he had a lot of success wrestling under Slay back in the day. He also has DT at 86 kg in the same room if he's really going to push for the olympic team. He's also going to be pretty close, so I bet he'll still be in the psu room every now and then. 

Yeah, there must be something to it - I have always been one to say he looks small...which he does. But for us who have said that, I have never seen him be outmatched by size or strength. I think you are right - one of those guys who is very compact that is way stronger on the mat than he looks. I wouldn't doubt he still pays a visit to the PSU room... learn a few things - change up some strategies - go try them out on your old teammates - but don't give away too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Idaho said:

 

Because he entertained the idea that Hall could go to tOSU? If that's your reasoning,  then see Gillman, Snyder, Green, Cox, , Dieringer, Suriano,  IMAR, etc. who have all changed it up in the last year. 

It is because he claims Mark Hall has no offense and hasn't developed in 5 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Several world titles and NO offense. Got it. I am now enlightened. 
He never made a Senior men's team, so get out of here with his kindergarten championship!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Idaho said:

Hmmmmm....5 years? 

Devin Carter did 5 years at VT....though he ended up with two BS, an MS, acceptance into a doctoral program where he earned two more MS and a PhD, so that’s, like similar, or something man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penn accepts PSU credits and vice versa so he's good either way.  Same system but one is private and the other public.  Much like Cornell's public and private system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Said by someone who couldn't make a JV team.
Hall isn't JV but does have a ton of upside. Maybe he can break into the top 5 at 86 kg. Or not.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Hall still eligible to wrestle at U23s? That might be the way to settle into a new, bigger weight and test the waters. I thought he'd have to suck it up at the Senior level and cut to 74/79kg, but that's crazy if he's really at 200+lbs (~91kg) now. But it's hard to imagine him matching the size of guys like Ringer, Karimi, Torreblanca, etc.

98b0940de83df5250e990c2c13eebf5b--irania

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pamela said:

Is Hall still eligible to wrestle at U23s? That might be the way to settle into a new, bigger weight and test the waters. I thought he'd have to suck it up at the Senior level and cut to 74/79kg, but that's crazy if he's really at 200+lbs (~91kg) now. But it's hard to imagine him matching the size of guys like Ringer, Karimi, Torreblanca, etc.

98b0940de83df5250e990c2c13eebf5b--irania

79 kg would be a good weight for him in non-olympic years as it is his college weight. At 86 kg I don't see him getting through Taylor, Downey or Nickal (If he goes 86 kg). I see him similar to Dake in the sense that he is a 79kg guy and would have some trouble up at 86kg. But hey, people have been questioning him up at 174 for a long time too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...