On 6/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, Eagle26 said:

Do you pay $20 for every single sporting event or tv show you watch? Of course most people can spare that, but it’s the principle of having to spend that much to view one event. Imagine having to pay that to watch a single NFL game. Would you watch three or four a week like many fans do? I’d certainly pay that to watch the Super Bowl, but would you pay that to watch a single preseason game that’s just for fun?  I pay for Flo and I pay for many big events on Track. There has to be a cutoff somewhere tho. If it was priced in line with other events (maybe $10 max) I would consider it. Don’t get me wrong I’m glad they are doing the event and I hope they make a profit. I just personally don’t like the idea of overpaying for an exhibition match

Actually NFL Sunday Ticket is almost $300, so if you only watch 16 games a year on it which I bet many do, it works out to $18 a game.

And to the guy talking about $12.50 for Flo, it’s not $12.50 since you can’t really go month to month (and if you can it’s more like $30), it’s $150 for the year.

On 6/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, 1032004 said:

Actually NFL Sunday Ticket is almost $300, so if you only watch 16 games a year on it which I bet many do, it works out to $18 a game.

And to the guy talking about $12.50 for Flo, it’s not $12.50 since you can’t really go month to month (and if you can it’s more like $30), it’s $150 for the year.

Those people must be crazy lol. I can watch 3 games a week for free with an antenna. I can’t pick and choose what games but I’m not a diehard football fan so I don’t care. I’d say I’m pretty diehard of a wrestling fan but still don’t want to spend that much on one event. Some fans will and that’s great. I hope it turns out to be a profitable event, but I think the vast majority of wrestling fans will pass at that price just like the vast majority of football fans don’t purchase NFL Sunday ticket. Hope I’m wrong though. 

Do people honestly think that JO, who can't regularly beat Zain Retherford at 65kg, is going to beat a guy who might very well be just as good (2-1-1-1) as Retherford, but 20lbs heavier?  Let me say that again: Nolf competes at a weight 20lbs heavier than JO. And I'd argue that he has a superior engine. JO is going to have a hard time getting to legs, let alone keeping it up.   

30 lbs. they agreed to go at 175.   

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2020/June/26/Freestyle-Friday-Oliver-Nolf-preview

Oliver and Nolf have agreed to compete at 175 pounds, which is just north of 79 kg, where Nolf (Nittany Lion WC) has competed most recently, while Oliver (Sunkist Kids/TarHeel WC) has primarily competed at 65 kg/143 lbs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

I bought it because a portion of the buys when to the wrestlers and I'm willing to support wrestling, unlike you apparently. 

To truly support wrestling you help kids in the grassroots. You promote the sport to bring in new kids and help all wrestlers grow. I do that and don’t think anyone who actually knows me would ever say I don’t support wrestling. I’m sure you and many others do as well, but my point is that paying a media outlet that gives a very small percentage to a very small group of very elite wrestlers does not actually support our sport.

1 minute ago, Eagle26 said:

To truly support wrestling you help kids in the grassroots. You promote the sport to bring in new kids and help all wrestlers grow. I do that and don’t think anyone who actually knows me would ever say I don’t support wrestling. I’m sure you and many others do as well, but my point is that paying a media outlet that gives a very small percentage to a very small group of very elite wrestlers does not actually support our sport.

it does show that there might be a market for promoting other events similar to this...

but...

wrestling "fans" are notoriously cheap, so, don't expect too many more...

as per...

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Pre-guaranteed portion went to Beat The Streets Chicago, and any net profit went to Fite TV.