Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

2020 D-1 Coaches' Carousel, Part 4

On 6/16/2020 at 2:39 PM, Idaho said:

End of program or sincere effort to move program in new direction? 

The program will go on. Not sure how much they're willing to spend it was paying 62k

Edited by calot

4 hours ago, calot said:

The program will go on. Not sure how much they're willing to spend it was paying 62k

Curious, how does that compare to an assistant coach’s salary at a top 10-20 program?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Curious, how does that compare to an assistant coach’s salary at a top 10-20 program?

It’s public record so it’s out there somewhere. The Oregon state assistants  Last year were 85k and 95k. I am guessing they are slightly over that this year based on Pendleton’s contract. 

13 hours ago, Idaho said:

It’s public record so it’s out there somewhere. The Oregon state assistants  Last year were 85k and 95k. I am guessing they are slightly over that this year based on Pendleton’s contract. 

Just took a look at a couple in the UNC System to compare geographically to the Citadel:

Pat Popolizio, NCSU Head Coach: $223K

Adam Hall, NCSU Assoc. Head Coach: $83K

Donnie Vinson, NCSU Assistant: $78K

Coleman Scott, UNC Head Coach: $150K

Tony Ramos, UNC Assoc. Head Coach: $75K

John-Mark Bentley, App State Head Coach: $80K

App State Assistants: $34-$39K

Othello Johnson, UNC-Pembroke (D2) Head Coach: $62K

So Assistants at UNC and NC State make more than the head coach at the Citadel, however the HC at App State doesn't make a whole lot more despite a much better program.   Kinda surprised the third coach on the totem pole at NCSU only makes $2K less than the App State HC.   

Edited by 1032004

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Just took a look at a couple in the UNC System to compare geographically to the Citadel:

Pat Popolizio, NCSU Head Coach: $223K

Adam Hall, NCSU Assoc. Head Coach: $83K

Donnie Vinson, NCSU Assistant: $78K

Coleman Scott, UNC Head Coach: $150K

Tony Ramos, UNC Assoc. Head Coach: $75K

John-Mark Bentley, App State Head Coach: $80K

App State Assistants: $34-$39K

Othello Johnson, UNC-Pembroke (D2) Head Coach: $62K

So Assistants at UNC and NC State make more than the head coach at the Citadel, however the HC at App State doesn't make a whole lot more despite a much better program.   Kinda surprised the third coach on the totem pole at NCSU only makes $2K less than the App State HC.   

I'm not privy to the intricacies of coaching contracts - but I hope that since they get low pay they get some perks at at least help. 

Coaching at  the smaller schools is tough.  Low pay, fundraising like crazy, and I doubt very many perks.  HC @ App State should definitely make more than assistants in the UNC system.  The Citadel and VMI both would be very difficult jobs.  Charleston is a beautiful place though.