Sign in to follow this  
CB

Fresno St. under investigation

Wow....what wrestling did not need   Yeah, those budget and expense numbers dont look good. Hope they can keep this afloat. Several guys have left the program recently. 

This is a don't ask, don't tell situation. 

Very few follow the rule banning alcohol.  I'm not gonna judge dudes trying to have some fun and providing employment opportunities for young ladies at the same time.  Still, if you get caught - UR Dumb. 

Going to go on a limb here. Probably was something like kids have a party, girls come over ( hired pros or just excited co Eds). Some clothes come off. I mean not far fetched if you see people’s social media pics these days. Maybe a kid tells someone , or someone who was there. Later a kid or his parent that aren’t happy in the program or something like that turn it around to blame the people in charge. Now it could be the kid that lost his spot, got suspended for smoking dope, etc. But for a year or two to go buy and then there is an investigation, something tells me it was from a disgruntled type. Does anybody actually believe that Coach Troy Steiner lined up a party with strippers for recruits? The guy has always has about as impeccable reputation in and out of wrestling as imaginable. Smells a bit rotten over here.

49 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

Going to go on a limb here. Probably was something like kids have a party, girls come over ( hired pros or just excited co Eds). Some clothes come off. I mean not far fetched if you see people’s social media pics these days. Maybe a kid tells someone , or someone who was there. Later a kid or his parent that aren’t happy in the program or something like that turn it around to blame the people in charge. Now it could be the kid that lost his spot, got suspended for smoking dope, etc. But for a year or two to go buy and then there is an investigation, something tells me it was from a disgruntled type. Does anybody actually believe that Coach Troy Steiner lined up a party with strippers for recruits? The guy has always has about as impeccable reputation in and out of wrestling as imaginable. Smells a bit rotten over here.

Agree - Troy is a great guy with a great reputation. A terrible situation for wrestling in general but wrestling out West trying to improve takes a shot here.  That's what investigations are for. Hope that it is overblown and not as reported. 

1 hour ago, Downtown Brown said:

Who knows with kids nowadays, I watched a Michael Kemmemer interview last season in which he says ,when he went for his recruiting trip the guys at Iowa were partying and having a good time and Kememer apparently was uncomfortable and snitched everyone out to brands...so who knows anymore, what I do know is if this happened In the late 90s early 2000s no one would care and even if a parent called and complained they’d be laughed off the phone 

13 minutes ago, ionel said:

How so?  It's either true or not true, should be easy to find out which is the case.  Don't see how it could be considered "overblown."

Overblown because EVERYTHING in society is sexualized today, tv, movies, music, cartoons,  hell you have Lizzo wearing assless pants at a laker game and she’s cheered on some type of role model but now an up and coming program is getting investigated bc a bunch of 17-22 yr old college kids had a stripper at a party , it’s ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Overblown because EVERYTHING in society is sexualized today, tv, movies, music, cartoons,  hell you have Lizzo wearing assless pants at a laker game and she’s cheered on some type of role model but now an up and coming program is getting investigated bc a bunch of 17-22 yr old college kids had a stripper at a party , it’s ridiculous.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

2 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

This!  And add on top of the potential impact of an investigation/allegation to a guy with Troy's reputation both as a person and everything he has done right for our great sport for a bunch of kids partying and looking at a naked girl is absolutely 100% unequivocally OVERBLOWN!  Taking the "What's wrong with an investigation? attitude is wrong in so many ways. 

Kids will be kids and stuff like this needs to be and should be handled by Troy and his coaching staff in conjunction with the AD.  Leave the stupid NCAA out of it.

1 minute ago, dman115 said:

This!  And add on top of the potential impact of an investigation/allegation to a guy with Troy's reputation both as a person and everything he has done right for our great sport for a bunch of kids partying and looking at a naked girl is absolutely 100% unequivocally OVERBLOWN!  Taking the "What's wrong with an investigation? attitude is wrong in so many ways. 

Kids will be kids and stuff like this needs to be and should be handled by Troy and his coaching staff in conjunction with the AD.  Leave the stupid NCAA out of it.

Depending on exactly what did happen, Troy can't be the main investigator or judge. Not sure what you mean by Leave the NCAA out of it. If you read the article- the investigation IS happening at the school. Generally, that's how things work. Violations are initially self-reported and the school makes recommendations. Then the NCAA gets involved. Obviously, you can't allow the institutions to completely investigate themselves.

7 minutes ago, SetonHallPirate said:

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D120.pdf

If somebody can point me to where in here such a thing is against the rules, please let me know, because I'm not seeing it.

Shp, I'm not going to look up specifically (you might come up with it) but I would suggest it would be considered a benefit not available to the student population in general. Also, I believe this mentioned recruits (?) so I think there are restrictions of where you can entertain them relative to campus.

Just skimmed the article. They list a series of scenarios that are illegal according to the school handbook. Adult entertainment listed. Age of recruits irrelevant.