Sign in to follow this  
nhs67

Iowa State

What are the chances that we see them do a lineup bump?  It seems that from 133-157, if they bump one weight class each, that the team is considerably better.  Todd Small and Austin Gomez at 133/141, Parker at 149, Degen at 157, and Carr at 165?

The other option is some folks do a double bump, if some folks don't want to go up.

Carr needs to.  His senior weight is going to be 74 keggers.  I don't see how Gomez makes 133 again, though.  Wasn't he looking to make a run for Mexico at 65 keggers anyways?  Or was it Puerto Rico?  And with Seabass going 65 keggers, that leaves Gomez out...

15 minutes ago, LJB said:

have you ever stood next to gomez?

gomez at 65 would be an absolute disaster...

Obviously not.

Where does he go then? He isn't making 133, he isn't beating Parker, Degen is a nightmare style matchup methinks, and he isn't beating Carr.

Would it be worse than seeing Joe Smith at 184?

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Obviously not.

Where does he go then? He isn't making 133, he isn't beating Parker, Degen is a nightmare style matchup methinks, and he isn't beating Carr.

Would it be worse than seeing Joe Smith at 184?

way worse than jo at 84...

he should be a 33lber... plain and simple... he could compete at 41, but, i would be surprised if he could against anyone decent much higher than that... 

it may all be a moot point if he does not get over his concussions, which, it's been quite a long time he has been dealing with it...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

way worse than jo at 84...

he should be a 33lber... plain and simple... he could compete at 41, but, i would be surprised if he could against anyone decent much higher than that... 

it may all be a moot point if he does not get over his concussions, which, it's been quite a long time he has been dealing with it...

We have another Taylor Massa situation?

I don’t think the plan is to bump anyone up.   
125 -Mackall

133 - Gomez or Small

141 - Parker

149 - Degen 

157 - Carr

165 - ???

174 - Colbray, maybe Broderson 

184 - Coleman, Colbray, Broderson 

197 - Shapiro, maybe Broderson 

285 - Gremmel

19 hours ago, buf87 said:

I don’t think the plan is to bump anyone up.   
125 -Mackall

133 - Gomez or Small

141 - Parker

149 - Degen 

157 - Carr

165 - ???

174 - Colbray, maybe Broderson 

184 - Coleman, Colbray, Broderson 

197 - Shapiro, maybe Broderson 

285 - Gremmel

I think that's what @nhs67 point was.  They have a hole at 165, and if Carr really wants to make a run at 74kg in freestyle, he should consider moving up.  

A little off topic, but I am looking forward to my guy Terukina taking over for Mackall in two years at 125.

Glad Kysen is coming to Ames.  Met Shayden when he was there.  

Hawaiian pipeline To Iowa State continues.  Grant N, Dane Pestano, Shayden Terukina, Cory Cabanban & now Kysen

Edited by buf87

1 hour ago, buf87 said:

Glad Kysen is coming to Ames.  Met Shayden when he was there.  

Hawaiian pipeline To Iowa State continues.  Grant N, Dane Pestano, Shayden Terukina, Cory Cabanban & now Kysen

All great guys.  Grant was so underrated...only a 1x Hawaii State Champ because he was in the same weight as Travis Lee!  One of my favorite moments was Shayden getting the first takedown against Ramos in the Iowa-Iowa State dual. 

3 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

All great guys.  Grant was so underrated...only a 1x Hawaii State Champ because he was in the same weight as Travis Lee!  One of my favorite moments was Shayden getting the first takedown against Ramos in the Iowa-Iowa State dual. 

THAT is one of your favorite (i assume) wrestling moments?...........

you need to watch MORE wrestling.

3 hours ago, AKHUNTER said:

THAT is one of your favorite (i assume) wrestling moments?...........

you need to watch MORE wrestling.

Lol, I meant one of my favorite moments in his career.  He is a great guy and a tough wrestler from Hawaii, just not on the same level as Ramos...and that's ok.