Sign in to follow this  
BadgerMon

Well, they HAD to make it about sexual orientation, didn't they?

Not real big on Jenna's sex life or her taking on a life partner.  Not sure why it is relevant to anything wrestling.

Reminds me of when SI decided to make a big deal out of a high school QB coming out of the closet.

I'm fairly certain I'll be put into TheMat jail for this. 

Why not do some actual reporting on the techniques someone actually uses against international competition?  Is the Mat that hard up for content?

Not that usual for them to cover national wrestler's personal stories. Her orientation is probably a big part of her life story. Personally I did not read it, as I have very little interest in athletes outside of their athletic accomplishments. You are free to ignore it if it bothers you

12 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

Not real big on Jenna's sex life or her taking on a life partner.  Not sure why it is relevant to anything wrestling.

Reminds me of when SI decided to make a big deal out of a high school QB coming out of the closet.

I'm fairly certain I'll be put into TheMat jail for this. 

Why not do some actual reporting on the techniques someone actually uses against international competition?  Is the Mat that hard up for content?

******Breaking News******* New variation of gut wrench discovered off of the coast of Italy! 

Edited by Billyhoyle

God forbid we get a glimpse of the human side of an athlete. A look at struggles they've faced off the mat.  And nothing was mentioned about her "sex life."  If an article is about Jordan Burroughs being married with three kids while training as a world-class athlete, is that about his "sex life"?  2020 and no hindsight, insight, foresight, just blindness from too many people... 

30 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

God forbid we get a glimpse of the human side of an athlete. A look at struggles they've faced off the mat.  And nothing was mentioned about her "sex life."  If an article is about Jordan Burroughs being married with three kids while training as a world-class athlete, is that about his "sex life"?  2020 and no hindsight, insight, foresight, just blindness from too many people... 

Comparing this to Jordan Burrough's lifestyle is not apples to oranges, not matter how you slice it, even though these choices are being "legitimized" by the msm on an hourly basis. 

Not blind. Just a sad indictment on our world.

1 hour ago, BadgerMon said:

Comparing this to Jordan Burrough's lifestyle is not apples to oranges, not matter how you slice it, even though these choices are being "legitimized" by the msm on an hourly basis. 

wow... 

i would go back to hiding after that bullsh!t post if i was you...

Relevant story during Pride Month. 

Read the room. 

Jenna's an awesome person and has represented us on the World stage since she was a kid. It's relevant to wrestling because she's a Youth Olympic Games alum, a Junior World teamer, a Senior World Teamer. I've done a lot of features and asked questions to wrestlers about their off-the-mat lives, ranging from collecting atari games, to being a mother and competing, painting shoes, building businesses. 

You saw the headline, you knew what it would be about - you can stop reading and go on with your life. 

3 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

Way to expose yourself as a bigot and a clown.

Edited by wrestlingphish

3 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

Indeed you are.

4 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

Careful, your homophobic bigotry is showing.

3 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Relevant story during Pride Month. 

Read the room. 

Jenna's an awesome person and has represented us on the World stage since she was a kid. It's relevant to wrestling because she's a Youth Olympic Games alum, a Junior World teamer, a Senior World Teamer. I've done a lot of features and asked questions to wrestlers about their off-the-mat lives, ranging from collecting atari games, to being a mother and competing, painting shoes, building businesses. 

You saw the headline, you knew what it would be about - you can stop reading and go on with your life. 

Quote of the day

4 hours ago, BadgerMon said:

Yikes.

39 minutes ago, LJB said:

@BadgerMon

you aren't cute with that... 

you were stupid enough to publicly out yourself... the genie is not going back in the bottle...

Hey LJB,,,,its politics- sort of like proselytizing.  You bring up Jesus on this board and you get crucified for it....but USA Wrestling  can push the "agenda", or pander to a few,  and anyone who thinks it's out of line is a bigot, jerk, pig, whatever.  Think about it.

You want it both ways. 

And I personally give zero F's what you think of me. Let the genie fly.

7 minutes ago, BadgerMon said:

Hey LJB,,,,its politics- sort of like proselytizing.  You bring up Jesus on this board and you get crucified for it....but USA Wrestling  can push the "agenda", or pander to a few,  and anyone who thinks it's out of line is a bigot, jerk, pig, whatever.  Think about it.

You want it both ways. 

on top of being a bigot and a homophobe, now you are part of the unfairly persecuted white, male, christian...

you poor, poor, sad little man...

you can go on back to your rally...

i can't believe anyone is going to listen to whatever you have to say anymore...

You want it both ways. 

Been plenty of stories by USAW that are faith-based, including the series of Facebook Live chats via FCA Wrestling.

Facts are your friend.

Not judging her,  more like chastising USA Wrestling for running the article in a way  that has a political bent.

I guess anything to stir up interest?

Thanks for comments. You boys are like a family to me. ( I miss KMF)