Sign in to follow this  
BadgerMon

Well, they HAD to make it about sexual orientation, didn't they?

Not judging her,  more like chastising USA Wrestling for running the article in a way  that has a political bent.
I guess anything to stir up interest?

Thanks for comments. You boys are like a family to me. ( I miss KMF)

Taylor Miller’s story on Jenna absolutely 100 percent has ZERO to do with politics and logical readers trying to find a political statement there can’t - it’s a human interest story about one of our World Teamers.

You aren’t interested - fine. Don’t make up political spin where there isn’t. Was my story on Mike Pucillo coming out gay a few years ago on The Open Mat political?

Nope. It’s a story about people. PEOPLE, not politics.

23 hours ago, Coach_J said:

God forbid we get a glimpse of the human side of an athlete. A look at struggles they've faced off the mat.  And nothing was mentioned about her "sex life."  If an article is about Jordan Burroughs being married with three kids while training as a world-class athlete, is that about his "sex life"?  2020 and no hindsight, insight, foresight, just blindness from too many people... 

It does confirm he's had sex at least 3 times.  

8 hours ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

It does confirm he's had sex at least 3 times.  

HORRID I SAY!  Banish any such rubbish from all wrestling media sources!  Just the lamestream media pushing its agenda!  And no more garbage about wrestlers disarming criminals, overcoming cancer, being born without limbs, beating poverty and the loss of loved ones!  I want box scores!  Just the facts!  Who scored how many takedowns and the time of the fall only!

Edited by Coach_J

On 6/18/2020 at 4:51 PM, BadgerMon said:

Not real big on Jenna's sex life or her taking on a life partner.  Not sure why it is relevant to anything wrestling.

Reminds me of when SI decided to make a big deal out of a high school QB coming out of the closet.

I'm fairly certain I'll be put into TheMat jail for this. 

Why not do some actual reporting on the techniques someone actually uses against international competition?  Is the Mat that hard up for content?

Having been around high level competitors for many years, on many trips, and at many events, the mental game is what separates the great wrestlers from the elite wrestlers.  Jenna has made it very clear that now she is in a much better place mentally and emotionally, which in turn helps her be the best wrestler she can be.   A big part of how she got to that much better place was being true to herself and finding her life partner.  This has gotten her mental game to its peak level and made her a better wrestler than before.