grappler6

Wrestling’s Back! BTS Chicago

2 hours ago, jchapman said:

They better hope Illinois hits Phase 4 by then (which they currently are on target to do).

Because the governor and the mayor of Chicago put in strict provisions that put the healthy and safety of all Illinoisans on the highest pedestal. New cases decreased by 49.x% over the last three weeks even though the hillbillies down south sued Pritzker because they were inconvenienced.

Can we PLEASE not turn this topic political or into a discussion about Covid?  There are infinity other places to do so and it always detracts from the topic at hand...

That said, from what I understand this event it going on audience or otherwise.  The $$ from the PPVs is the big thing...

1 hour ago, bnwtwg said:

Because the governor and the mayor of Chicago put in strict provisions that put the healthy and safety of all Illinoisans on the highest pedestal. New cases decreased by 49.x% over the last three weeks even though the hillbillies down south sued Pritzker because they were inconvenienced.

Yes, I know.  I live in Illinois.

Why is Nick Dardanes wrestling Mitch McKee?  Aren't they both Minnesota Gophers?  Is this gonna be another one of those WWE fixed sham matches like PD3 and Nick Rodriguez had?

Nick Dardanes trains out of Illinois now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, powershouse said:

I understand that there won’t be any weigh ins for this event. Who is going to show up HUGE?

No weigh-ins at all, or just that it won't count? I'd still be interested in seeing what everyone weighs in at.

2 hours ago, powershouse said:

I understand that there won’t be any weigh ins for this event. Who is going to show up HUGE?

Showing up "huge" isn't necessarily an advantage.  The key is probably showing up hydrated and at ideal weight.  It's not like you add muscle mass by weigh 20 lbs more.  It's not too much different than running & cycling race events.  Cycling is about power to weight ratio.  You need to show up with muscles hydrated to survive a 2 to 5 hour race or even a short 45 min crit event, but show up 20 lbs heavy and good luck moving than extra mass you can't suddenly change your power numbers.  Similar with this event show up muscles fully hydrated and should be better able to go hard full time but show up well over weight and will be sluggish and no stronger.  

That said though, if Trump were wrestling in this event he would show up HUGE and it would be BEAUTIFUL!  ;)

3 hours ago, ionel said:

Showing up "huge" isn't necessarily an advantage.  The key is probably showing up hydrated and at ideal weight.  It's not like you add muscle mass by weigh 20 lbs more.  It's not too much different than running & cycling race events.  Cycling is about power to weight ratio.  You need to show up with muscles hydrated to survive a 2 to 5 hour race or even a short 45 min crit event, but show up 20 lbs heavy and good luck moving than extra mass you can't suddenly change your power numbers.  Similar with this event show up muscles fully hydrated and should be better able to go hard full time but show up well over weight and will be sluggish and no stronger.  

That said though, if Trump were wrestling in this event he would show up HUGE and it would be BEAUTIFUL!  ;)

There are weight classes for a reason.

For those who aren't aware, BTS Chicago is now run by former Illinois high school state champ, Indiana U All-American, former high school state champion coach, Mike Powell. The organization has been putting on some bigger events to raise money for the inner-city youth programs for some time now.

12 hours ago, grappler6 said:

I know $5 of each sale goes towards the athlete’s/RTC’s involved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure on this, but i got indications that there was an attribution component, too.

as in, the individual athlete receives more $ depending upon how many sign ups come from their link. 

Yeah, I've read that there were 100's of street shootings there in the last two weeks. I'm glad the Governor is concerned, otherwise it would be like the wild west down in South Chicago. Oh wait........

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

On 6/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, bnwtwg said:

4 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Yeah, I've read that there were 100's of street shootings there in the last two weeks. I'm glad the Governor is concerned, otherwise it would be like the wild west down in South Chicago. Oh wait........

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yep gotta love Illinois, the southern half hillbillies and the northern half gangbangers, don't know why any want to live there, maybe it's the attraction of the huge deficit and the corrupt governors.  ;_;