You guys ever consider that Flo declined DT's proposed format to save face for Downey?  I don't think it would be a good look to have DT beat him by some absurd score and then PD3 goes MMA on him.  

11 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

You guys ever consider that Flo declined DT's proposed format to save face for Downey?  I don't think it would be a good look to have DT beat him by some absurd score and then PD3 goes MMA on him.  

Yeah but everyone on earth would be on Flo to watch it.....Flo would never want that to happen...

12 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I have never seen Downey be a poor sport when losing on the mat.  

17 hours ago, Class said:

Then why in the world would Flo reject it?  Consider the thread the audience (many of us are members I am sure, including myself) want to see it and increase the drama surrounding the match.  Re-open the consideration Flo -- For your fans!

Flo would reject it b/c they know or surmise that Downey would reject it. If that happens, Flo has no match to sell.

43 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Flo would reject it b/c they know or surmise that Downey would reject it. If that happens, Flo has no match to sell.

Obviously but the idea that they didn't mention it to Downey is ridiculous.

Regardless Downey has probably encountered the idea 80 times by now and nothing has changed.

Edited by hammerlockthree

On 6/19/2020 at 7:16 PM, Eagle26 said:

Why would athletes just be able to change the rules to their sport? I don’t get it? Let’s just see a regulation match because that’s what matters. What other sports can athletes just request to add an extra 33% of time? That’s a huge change and why are people saying we should change the rules just because Taylor says so?

Thank you. I've been shaking my head at this all day. Why not make it one minute periods? Or one 5 minute period to see how they would have done in 1996? And to make it worse, you get 2 guys on here from Flo telling you what happened and there are still people who think they know more about what transpired.

Edited by ConnorsDad

On 6/19/2020 at 7:00 PM, nhs67 said:

When did I ever state that Downey said no?

Did you also forget how to read?

On 6/19/2020 at 3:22 PM, nhs67 said:

I don't think he can't wrestle. Clearly he can.

I don't think he can wrestle with Taylor.

It is precisely why he wouldn't agree to no tech. He wants off the mat and to get paid after only being on it for 65 seconds, give or take 30 seconds.

mook...

anyone who thinks it makes good business sense for FLO to put on a gimmick match or even propose a gimmick match to another wrestler is a silly person...

FLO has to show they are looking out for the interest of both athletes...

you guys want a ladder match in a cage, i suggest you stick to that other 'rassling...

On 6/19/2020 at 4:38 PM, nhs67 said:

Man. You really took a turn a while back. You used to be informed and informative. Subjective and well tempered.

Now? You're about as BAT$HlT as Blue Dragons. At least Blue Dragons isn't just point blank ignorant.

#MLJBGA

Lol when was that

1 hour ago, GockeS said:

Lol when was that

so, the chump who chases me from thread to thread quotes the chump who cant remember what he posted just 3-1/2 hours earlier...

this place makes me smile...

Downey is a great wrestler but his social media personality is tiresome and embarrassing.  Unfortunately, I see it going this way.

Taylor aboslutly wrecks him and does the finger to the mouth shush 

Downey on twitter:  "Haha who cares, it was all a part of my plan.  Now I know how to beat you"  and begins his nonsense trash talk all over again.

14 hours ago, LJB said:

mook...

You're an idiot.

I never said he said no. I said he would never agree to it. There is a distinct difference that even a toddler could understand.

There is a speshul bus that you ride on a regular basis isn't there?

24 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're an idiot.

I never said he said no. I said he would never agree to it. There is a distinct difference that even a toddler could understand.

There is a speshul bus that you ride on a regular basis isn't there?

Wow...

you would have been better off just not replying...

11 hours ago, LJB said:

so, the chump who chases me from thread to thread quotes the chump who cant remember what he posted just 3-1/2 hours earlier...

this place makes me smile...

no one has to chase you. you make sure everyone knows they are an idiot in most every thread.

btw, you might notice i have liked some of your posts. You aren't really stupid... just an ******* about everything.

8 minutes ago, GockeS said:

no one has to chase you. you make sure everyone knows they are an idiot in most every thread.

btw, you might notice i have liked some of your posts. You aren't really stupid... just an ******* about everything.

People with fragile egos do not like their thoughts or comments challenged...

so, they(you) call me an (insert your favorite insult here)...

it does not bother me even a little bit...

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

People with fragile egos do not like their thoughts or comments challenged...

so, they(you) call me an (insert your favorite insult here)...

it does not bother me even a little bit...

yeah we know

stop being a mook

and dont reply if it doesn't bother you 

i mean, you replied to me through a comment that wasn't to you

Edited by GockeS

9 minutes ago, GockeS said:

yeah we know

stop being a mook

and dont reply if it doesn't bother you 

i mean, you replied to me through a comment that wasn't to you

Sure thing, sparky...

no edits here...

3 hours ago, LJB said:

somebody call the whaaaaambulance...

all your crawdaddying will not work... 

BTW... spell check is your friend...

Do you need to have the last word or something?  Is your mind that simple?

20 hours ago, LJB said:

anyone who thinks it makes good business sense for FLO to put on a gimmick match or even propose a gimmick match to another wrestler is a silly person...

FLO has to show they are looking out for the interest of both athletes...

you guys want a ladder match in a cage, i suggest you stick to that other 'rassling...

You don't understand the discussion. I'm not aware of anyone saying its incumbent on Downey to take a modified match (the fact that you tried to spin it as a gimmick shows the dishonesty of your argument). Those of us who don't like dishonesty are merely pointing out that Downey should admit he rejected it and Flo should aspire to more than being an unofficial propaganda machine for every wrestler who grows a mullet.