Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LJB said:

of course... i saw it and where it ended up and immediately thought that clearly doesn't belong...

but, i didn't say anything because i'm already the big bad wolf and did not want to appear to be instigating anything...

i still got a kick out of it...

Bully....I think you're a closet back hat wearer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Because Downey doesn't want it. 

i am so envious...

i want to live in a world where the only thing that really matters is the fairy tales i have made up in my head and nothing can penetrate that cast iron bubble...

how easy would that be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LJB said:

i am so envious...

i want to live in a world where the only thing that really matters is the fairy tales i have made up in my head and nothing can penetrate that cast iron bubble...

how easy would that be?

Honest question, do you know that for a fact or do you just assume pyles tweets have authority over the fact that they make no sense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerlockthree said:

Honest question, do you know that for a fact or do you just assume pyles tweets have authority over the fact that they make no sense?

honest answer...

i don't look to be lied too or bamboozled or taken advantage of... that is a losers mentality...

i take people at their word in instances where it warrants it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is not everyday life where you are dealing with losers who have never done anything and take some sort of pride in swindling someone for their personal gain...

this is wrestling...

you can't hide...

you have to back up your claims on the mat in front of everyone in a singlet that might as well be an undergarment...

if you look for the deception in that arena, then you should probably think about how you are living your life...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LJB said:

this is not everyday life where you are dealing with losers who have never done anything and take some sort of pride in swindling someone for their personal gain...

this is wrestling...

you can't hide...

you have to back up your claims on the mat in front of everyone in a singlet that might as well be an undergarment...

if you look for the deception in that arena, then you should probably think about how you are living your life...

This is my whole claim:

Taylor, Downey and the vast majority of the fans want an extended format. 

Is it more likely that Flo denied the format for no reason, or that they where coerced?

Edited by hammerlockthree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerlockthree said:

This is my whole claim:

Taylor, Downey and the vast majority of the fans want an extended format. 

Is it more likely that Flo denied the format, or that they where coerced?

quit looking for the boogie man under the bed... 

grow up...

the match is gonna happen under UWW rules or under some gimmick rule set...

either way you are not important enough to be lied to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Do you work for Flo?

again... a losers mentality...

i do not work for flo...

i have never wrestled a day in my life in my life (outside of being a practice room dummy occasionally)...

i appreciate the purity of the sport...

regardless of the never were's who pretend to be fans on a fukn message board...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammerlockthree said:

Why did flo turn it down?

because they are a legitimate business and want to ensure they have matches to put on next year where both competitors understand they are being looked out for?

it's like you have no understanding of how the world really works...

don't worry... you are not unique in your ignorance...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 5:10 AM, JBluegill133 said:

Downey is a great wrestler but his social media personality is tiresome and embarrassing.  Unfortunately, I see it going this way.

 

Taylor aboslutly wrecks him and does the finger to the mouth shush 

Downey on twitter:  "Haha who cares, it was all a part of my plan.  Now I know how to beat you"  and begins his nonsense trash talk all over again.

You are one of the few people who seem like they can separate his wrestling from his off the mat antics. You're right he is a great wrestler. Anybody that makes a US World team is. I personally get tired of all the off the mat shenanigans and I hope Taylor beats him. And you're right he'll probably come up with another excuse after getting worked. But we need to be able to separate one from the other. People don't like him that's fine but you need to be a little objective and realize how good he is. I don't think anybody on here would would say Myles Martin is not a good wrestler and Downey has beaten him among many others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 5:42 PM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

They aren't amateurs my friend, they're all paid professionals! 

Love how into the negotiations yall wanna get but changing up the rules was never seriously considered. we're using UWW freestyle rules, that's always been the plan. maybe next card we'll change it up but I doubt it. 

Thanks for your explanation but you must realize you're wasting your time, lol. You, Pyles and 20 other people from Flo can come on here and tell everybody exactly what happened and they're still some members of the aluminum hat brigade on here who will find something wrong with it or some type of conspiracy involved. They have no first-hand knowledge of anything that went on but because it was a  possibility at some point, it's what they wanted, they're just argumentative or they don't like Flo but whatever the reason they just will not give it up. By the way thanks for everything you do for wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

people and wrestlers do not exist in a vacuum...

they can progress from one year to the next...

downey is the not the same wrestler as he was 5 years ago... 2 years ago... last year...

because he is growing as a person and as a wrestler...

will he rub the typical wrestling "fan" the wrong way?

yes... of course... and for good reason...

does that mean he is the same guy as 5 years ago?

of course not...

i expect DT to win this match next month... but, if downey wins i won't be surprised or disappointed...

you get what you earn...

no truere word have ever been spoken...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ConnorsDad said:

You are one of the few people who seem like they can separate his wrestling from his off the mat antics. You're right he is a great wrestler. Anybody that makes a US World team is. I personally get tired of all the off the mat shenanigans and I hope Taylor beats him. And you're right he'll probably come up with another excuse after getting worked. But we need to be able to separate one from the other. People don't like him that's fine but you need to be a little objective and realize how good he is. I don't think anybody on here would would say Myles Martin is not a good wrestler and Downey has beaten him among many others.

Took out Dean, Martin, Heflin, and a bunch more internationally getting him a top 10 ranking in the world.  If that isn't a great wrestler I don't know what is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see how this is good for DT at all; if this is an exhibition then I suspect that there will be no penalty to one who tries to hurt their opponent.

Some guys when they are losing revert to "if I can't win then I'll make him pay". 

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't see how this is good for DT at all; if this is an exhibition then I suspect that there will be no penalty to one who tries to hurt their opponent.
Some guys when they are losing revert to "if I can't win then I'll make him pay". 
 
 

I was thinking the same thing. I really hope PD3 has more professionalism than what his online persona displays.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Downey makes it interesting, in a competitive match, fwiw.  It would mean our 86 kegger gents are all a lot closer to DT than most of us think.  That would be refreshing to have more than one world caliber guy.  Despite being a DT fan I also wouldn't mind seeing Downey toss him... even beat him.

Downey has done himself no favors on social media in the past, and his real life fam absolutely does him no favors on here.  Flameboys like LGB also do him no flavors by exhibiting uncultured and uneducated styles of flamboyance.  That said, he was our best 86 kegger last year.  He proved it when it mattered.

Unfortunately at worlds last year Downey didn't exactly perform as well as he had been up to worlds.  I believe the Downey that went through the trials process very well had the capability to medal, or at least wrestle for a medal.  For whatever reason, by the time worlds rolled around he had lost a little bit.  I also believe if he and Amine were to wrestle, he would beat Amine, despite Amine beating the guy that beat him at worlds.  Styles do make matches.

I have no doubts as to his ability or capabilities, I just don't expect them to come close to DT.  We saw DT handle Torreblanca a few months ago, one week after Torreblanca beat Ringer.  So we do have some transitive properties we can apply.

If Downey can somehow show up in-shape and a good 20-25lbs up on Taylor... I think he could horse him a bit early.  That is what I'm hoping for, and the only way this doesn't become a one-side whooping...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

If Downey can somehow show up in-shape and a good 20-25lbs up on Taylor...

DT is not a small 86 "keggers"... how is Downey gonna show up 9-11 "keggers" bigger than DT and still make weight?

it's almost like you don't even watch wrestling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...