Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

Classless...

If any Penn Staters were chanting something like that about Kyle Dake, I hope they each get food poisoning and are $hi++ing themselves on their way back home.

Even better if it happens to them on an airplane.

Now THAT is something I disagree on. I don't wish anything bad upon anybody, I just wish they would appreciate a great accomplishment like Dake's.

If any Penn Staters were chanting something like that about Kyle Dake, I hope they each get food poisoning and are $hi++ing themselves on their way back home.

Even better if it happens to them on an airplane.

Now THAT is something I disagree on. I don't wish anything bad upon anybody, I just wish they would appreciate a great accomplishment like Dake's.

There is no doubt in my mind, NONE, that if a few PSU fans thought negative, there were others that thought so as well.

After the final match of the night, I heard from some (small, fortunately) subsection of the Penn State crowd chanting "OVERRATED" with respect to Kyle Dake. I was going to give them a piece of my mind, but fortunately, they stopped before I had a chance to get over there. I just wanted to say, and put this out there as a Public Service Announcement, that there is NO PLACE in this sport for that sort of thing, when Kyle just did something that's only been done by two others in the long history of the sport!

As you said, this is a small subsection. Crap like this happens from fans (short for fanatics ...) who lose their perspective. God knows how many times you folks have lambasted my fellow Hawkeye fans for this sort of thing. My general experience with most PSU fans (not the jerks who come on rival fan site boards) has been positive, and I'm sure that a few were extremely disappointed with Taylor's loss to Dake, one of the best wrestlers in history, who also enjoys talking about it after the fact.

After the final match of the night, I heard from some (small, fortunately) subsection of the Penn State crowd chanting "OVERRATED" with respect to Kyle Dake. I was going to give them a piece of my mind, but fortunately, they stopped before I had a chance to get over there. I just wanted to say, and put this out there as a Public Service Announcement, that there is NO PLACE in this sport for that sort of thing, when Kyle just did something that's only been done by two others in the long history of the sport!

As you said, this is a small subsection. Crap like this happens from fans (short for fanatics ...) who lose their perspective. God knows how many times you folks have lambasted my fellow Hawkeye fans for this sort of thing. My general experience with most PSU fans (not the jerks who come on rival fan site boards) has been positive, and I'm sure that a few were extremely disappointed with Taylor's loss to Dake, who also enjoys talking about it after the fact.

No argument. But even a single person who is making that chant needs to be called out.

Yeah, us wrestling fans are just filled with class. I've never ever heard booing at a wrestling event. Congrats to Dake. I was pulling for DT but he's just much physically stronger. I would always pay to see an exciting wrestler like DT over Dake any day of the week.

Iowa fans take a lot of flack for being classless, but they showed a lot of appreciation for Dake last night after he beat Taylor. Hats off to the Hawkeye fans for that.

Didn't hear too much love for Logan Steiber if ya catch my drift.