gobraves101905

Kennedy Monday enters the portal

1 minute ago, Billyhoyle said:

Why are we assuming the transfer is based on academics and not athletics? Do grad transfers even have to enter the portal-I thought they can just apply to graduate schools?

No particular reason. :) 

6 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Why are we assuming the transfer is based on academics and not athletics? Do grad transfers even have to enter the portal-I thought they can just apply to graduate schools?

Grad xfrs go through the portal. Idk if it’s optional like it is in D2.

20 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

And do we know if he could compete at an Ivy in grad school? I think the answer is yes if transfer but... You can't if you do 4 years there.

some ivys don’t have grad schools and i think princeton is one

19 minutes ago, Fletcher said:

Incorrect. Every ivy has a graduate school. Notable graduates of Princeton’s include Richard Feynman and Judge Philip Banks. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

Digging through it all, it appears nobody has a definitive clue of where he will actually land, if he lands elsewhere.

If he deleted his tweets, it may be an attempt to save face IF he decides he wants to stay.  It doesn't mean he's decided to stay.  The message is out there now that he is in the portal.  Damage done.

Next question: Who has ties to him?  Pretty much any coach from the OK State pipeline, including OK State.  Who all has assistants, or associate HC, as well as HC in that pipeline?

Last question: Who needs a 165/174lber?

I'd love to see the Monday brother's on the same squad for two more seasons, however I think both of them would need to transfer out in that scenario(coupled with Kennedy needing to be granted a 6th year).

I think most of the logical choices have already been state, with OK State being the primary, although I will say that this has been particularly difficult to follow.

@goheels1812?  What are you leaning here?  There are a few B1G schools that would be happy to have him, although I could see a school like Arizona State or Oregon State pulling him west.  I just honestly have no clue and it appears the most likely scenario is that he stays put.

28 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

Incorrect. Do you really think a genius like Trump would have gone to Penn State?

Donald was a NY State champ at 160 lbs his senior year but never wrestled in college because Wharton doesn't have a wrestling team.  I believe he finished 1st in his class.

34 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Digging through it all, it appears nobody has a definitive clue of where he will actually land, if he lands elsewhere.

If he deleted his tweets, it may be an attempt to save face IF he decides he wants to stay.  It doesn't mean he's decided to stay.  The message is out there now that he is in the portal.  Damage done.

Next question: Who has ties to him?  Pretty much any coach from the OK State pipeline, including OK State.  Who all has assistants, or associate HC, as well as HC in that pipeline?

Last question: Who needs a 165/174lber?

I'd love to see the Monday brother's on the same squad for two more seasons, however I think both of them would need to transfer out in that scenario(coupled with Kennedy needing to be granted a 6th year).

I think most of the logical choices have already been state, with OK State being the primary, although I will say that this has been particularly difficult to follow.

@goheels1812?  What are you leaning here?  There are a few B1G schools that would be happy to have him, although I could see a school like Arizona State or Oregon State pulling him west.  I just honestly have no clue and it appears the most likely scenario is that he stays put.

OSU needs a 1 year 165/174 lb and he would have great training partners up & down weights, but who knows ... 

17 minutes ago, buck said:

Donald was a NY State champ at 160 lbs his senior year but never wrestled in college because Wharton doesn't have a wrestling team.  I believe he finished 1st in his class.

Fake news, Trump was a heavy weight champ in high school, he was huge!

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Fake news, Trump was a heavy weight champ in high school, he was huge!

Let's face it he could have been a champ at any sport he chose.  Drafted by the Yankees right out of high school.  

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

I have a couple ties with the program and as far as I’ve heard mum is the word, like everything else with Kennedy’s career. 

Everything listed from here below is simply my own opinion from following the program closely Kennedy’s entire career.

-I do believe Kennedy has butted heads with Ramos in the past. Ramos has a very Iowa-like mentality as far as training and preparing goes and it’s sort of a “my way or the highway” type deal. He also tends to pick and choose favorites (like Jamie Hernandez) and Kennedy doesn’t seem to be in that group. I have no idea if that came to a head and caused Kennedy to want to leave, though. 

-I absolutely do not believe Kennedy’s dad told someone “Kennedy is tired of wrestling at a basketball school with no fans!” If I end up being wrong and the entire Monday family leaves UNC, I will admit it. But for now I believe that’s complete message board BS. Kenny runs the THWC and from what I’ve heard he and his family love UNC and the Chapel Hill area. Him making a comment like that would be very surprising and out of character. 

My gut feeling is Coleman gets this ironed out and Kennedy stays at UNC for his final season. From everything I’ve watched and seen around the program one of Coleman’s best attributes is leading (as silly as that sounds), despite his young age. He gets through the athletes and coaches alike so I think he can get all of this fixed. But I’d say I’m only about 51% confident on that. I think transferring is still a huge possibility. 

Again, I’m claiming no direct sources on this. I’m just listing my opinions based on being around and watching the program. 

Edited by goheels1812

1 hour ago, buck said:

Let's face it he could have been a champ at any sport he chose.  Drafted by the Yankees right out of high school.  

Pretty sure he also won the high school national debate tournament taking both the Affirmative and Negative sides and did it solo without a partner on either side.  The final debate was beautiful!

Edited by ionel

21 minutes ago, jchapman said:

No disrespect, but is Kennedy a highly sought after talent?  What are his NCAA credentials?

Kennedy’s ceiling is no doubt a podium finish. Maybe even a high podium finish if he has the right draw. We are talking about a guy that is the only person to ever tech fall David McFadden in college.

Kennedy’s floor is qualifying for the tourney, having a tough day, and going 0-2. 

The problem for him has always been consistency. And honestly if you haven’t figured it out by your 4th year of college, are you going to figure it out by your 5th year? I have no idea the answer to that question. But my guess is coaches will see his upside and he will be a hot commodity transfer. 

Edited to to add: he did have one very nice NCAA tournament where he came in as the 31 seed, knocked off Joey Lavallee in the 1st round (full 7 minute match, not a fluke pin), and went on to lose in a competitive blood round match. 

Edited by goheels1812

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Kennedy’s ceiling is no doubt a podium finish. Maybe even a high podium finish if he has the right draw. We are talking about a guy that is the only person to ever tech fall David McFadden in college.

Kennedy’s floor is qualifying for the tourney, having a tough day, and going 0-2. 

The problem with him has always been consistency. And honestly if you haven’t figured it out by your 4th year of college, are you going to figure it out by your 5th year? I have no idea the answer to that question. But my guess is coaches will see his upside and he will be a hot commodity transfer. 

Carl Perry

1 hour ago, buck said:

Unfortunately for all of us, chronic bone spurs forced a premature end to his athletic career. 

48 minutes ago, ionel said:

Pretty sure he also won the high school national debate tournament taking both the Affirmative and Negative sides and did it solo without a partner on either side.  The final debate was beautiful!

Was it 'Perfect'? 

4 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Princeton has many world class grad programs. It does not have professional schools (law, medicine or business).