Housebuye

Is Eierman eligible?

Pat Mineo said Eierman isn’t yet eligible and has to sit until 2nd semester at a minimum. 

If that’s true, and Eierman has to sit out, what does that do for the team race? 

I think it opens up a slim opportunity to take the title from Iowa, but it’s not like it will be a hole for them. Murin could AA

23 minutes ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Reminder that Mineo is only correct at about a 5% clip.....

Reminder that Mineo was the first to report Perry leaving Iowa....he was mocked and thrown under the bus....well, you know the rest of the story. 

Just now, Idaho said:

Reminder that Mineo was the first to report Perry leaving Iowa....he was mocked and thrown under the bus....well, you know the rest of the story. 

He recently said JB to Penn RTC..... you see how that story has turned out. 

1 minute ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

He recently said JB to Penn RTC..... you see how that story has turned out. 

You should run through this twitter and see if your 5% is accurate. 

33 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Next question, if the NCAA postpones until 2nd semester is he still eligible?

If he's eligible 2nd semester, then he's eligible 2nd semester. The only problem for him would be if wrestling went to a 1st semester sport.

I’ve heard for years that academics were at the bottom of Eiermans priority list.

Pat downey who to the surprise of many was a really good student, had issues getting into Iowa as a grad transfer, so if Eierman is having issues that isn’t much of a surprise.

Just now, gimpeltf said:

If he's eligible 2nd semester, then he's eligible 2nd semester. The only problem for him would be if wrestling went to a 1st semester sport.

Good thing this is TheMat.com and not TheDiamond.com, because there is a rule specific to college baseball that players have to be eligible in the fall in order to be eligible in the spring. That said, the only thing I could think of is if he's having trouble getting credits transferred from Missouri to Iowa, which is often an issue for people transferring late in their college undergrad careers.

7 minutes ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Tough when he deletes the wrong stuff!

I wouldn't say he is always right, as nobody is...but he has nailed some stories in the past. He seems to have an in on Iowa. 

1 minute ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Good thing this is TheMat.com and not TheDiamond.com, because there is a rule specific to college baseball that players have to be eligible in the fall in order to be eligible in the spring. That said, the only thing I could think of is if he's having trouble getting credits transferred from Missouri to Iowa, which is often an issue for people transferring late in their college undergrad careers.

Baseball has a non-championship season. 

The question I answered was would he be eligible if they went to a 2nd semester sport. I guess he might not be if he transferred starting 2nd semester where his issue would remain unsolved but this assumes he goes to classes 1st semester and pulls gpa up.

If it's what you suggest- lack of satisfactory progress- wouldn't that only be solvable by end of school year? There looks like an exception if he had enough credits for the 2 preceding terms but that would seem difficult here.

23 minutes ago, Idaho said:

I don't think he was "first" on this, looks like he basically just quoted someone named "Gray52" from HawkeyeReport

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I don't think he was "first" on this, looks like he basically just quoted someone named "Gray52" from HawkeyeReport

This. A lot of Mineo’s “breaking news” stories are things he finds on message boards from goons like us. Then if he’s wrong he just deletes it and moves on to the next one. It’s impossible to know how often he’s right and wrong, but I’d wager he’s wrong way more than he’s right. 

Also Pat if you’re reading this, I heard Spencer Lee is leaving Iowa and headed to Penn State from my definitely real inside source. 

5 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Do you have a link to that, because I see nothing that Gray52 posted on  HR that he quoted. Could be wrong. There was a huge twitter war and about it with Pyles - Perry said it was Fake news then deleted the tweet. The next day or within a few days it was announced. 

He was not put on the new updated Iowa roster, so there might be some fire there. I could definitely see some issues with getting into grad school being the case or something. 

My guess is he will be eligible eventually, but if not, who does Iowa roll out at 141? Teasdale was also left off the new roster, so any Teasdale 133/Desanto 141 answer is also a problem. Murin could stay down at 141, but that only creates a problem at 149.

1 hour ago, Keisha_Phillips said:

Reminder that Mineo is only correct at about a 5% clip.....

Nah it's 100% accuracy because he deletes tweets as fast as he throws crap on the wall. Can't be wrong if you can't find the receipts

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Do you have a link to that, because I see nothing that Gray52 posted on  HR that he quoted. Could be wrong. There was a huge twitter war and about it with Pyles - Perry said it was Fake news then deleted the tweet. The next day or within a few days it was announced. 

Sorry, was referring to the Eierman eligibity, not Perry.

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

One would think that both Eierman and Iowa would have know whether he would be eligible in 2020-21 before he transferred, right?

yeah....he transferred November 8th....before the second semester...which means he would have had have failed the Spring 2020 semester at Iowa that was just completed in order to not be eligible this Fall...is that correct? 

32 minutes ago, Idaho said:

yeah....he transferred November 8th....before the second semester...which means he would have had have failed the Spring 2020 semester at Iowa that was just completed in order to not be eligible this Fall...is that correct? 

I don't think he was in school at all last year because he was in olympic redshirt. I think any eligibility issues would have to do with him not being able to get into school at Iowa, not failing courses after getting there.

48 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I don't think he was in school at all last year because he was in olympic redshirt. I think any eligibility issues would have to do with him not being able to get into school at Iowa, not failing courses after getting there.

I get what you are saying but this doesn't make sense for a several reasons.  I think we can all agree that there was at least some recruitment of Eierman on Iowa's part.  Therefore, Iowa's coaches:

1. Should have known whether or not they could get him admitted into the school
2. Should have known if he would have any eligibility problems
3. Should have known how much scholarship money they had for him

Or am I giving them too much credit?