Jump to content
Housebuye

Is Eierman eligible?

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Idaho said:

Reminder that Mineo was the first to report Perry leaving Iowa....he was mocked and thrown under the bus....well, you know the rest of the story. 

That would be part of his 5%!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
why wouldn’t he have a shot at 1st? He is the only guy with a win over Yanni.
I thought he was going 41 and Yainni was trying to add some meat at 49*
Anyway, Eireman is ok but Lee is better... I'd say Eireman finishes 4th before he wins it.... we shall see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I get what you are saying but this doesn't make sense for a several reasons.  I think we can all agree that there was at least some recruitment of Eierman on Iowa's part.  Therefore, Iowa's coaches:

1. Should have known whether or not they could get him admitted into the school
2. Should have known if he would have any eligibility problems
3. Should have known how much scholarship money they had for him

Or am I giving them too much credit?

I think in normal circumstances you would be right, but Eierman made this decision mostly on his own and it sounds like it just took a couple days. He was also already Olympic shirting, so I don’t think he was even enrolled at Missouri. 
  
I’m usually quick to blame Iowa, but I don’t think this is their fault. When a guy like that begs to join, you say yes and figure out the rest afterwards, especially considering he wasn’t even trying to compete for over a year. Worst case they have another good guy in the room who isn’t taking any $

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I get what you are saying but this doesn't make sense for a several reasons.  I think we can all agree that there was at least some recruitment of Eierman on Iowa's part.  Therefore, Iowa's coaches:

1. Should have known whether or not they could get him admitted into the school
2. Should have known if he would have any eligibility problems
3. Should have known how much scholarship money they had for him

Or am I giving them too much credit?

It may also have been that there were issues with classes/credits transferring between the institutions and that he was to make them up during the Olympic shirt (online, at a jc, elsewhere and didn't).

Obviously speculative as is everything - but certainly a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Housebuye said:

I think in normal circumstances you would be right, but Eierman made this decision mostly on his own and it sounds like it just took a couple days. He was also already Olympic shirting, so I don’t think he was even enrolled at Missouri. 
  
I’m usually quick to blame Iowa, but I don’t think this is their fault. When a guy like that begs to join, you say yes and figure out the rest afterwards, especially considering he wasn’t even trying to compete for over a year. Worst case they have another good guy in the room who isn’t taking any $

 

2 hours ago, PSUSMC said:

It may also have been that there were issues with classes/credits transferring between the institutions and that he was to make them up during the Olympic shirt (online, at a jc, elsewhere and didn't).

Obviously speculative as is everything - but certainly a possibility.

These are good points.  Thanks guys!

Is going back to Mizzou an option?  Or could he transfer to another school in need of a 141 like Michigan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

 

Is going back to Mizzou an option?  Or could he transfer to another school in need of a 141 like Michigan?

Do you think they want him back at Mizzou after he was dead set on transferring to another school.  He was a good scorer for the Tigers, but if he was so intent on leaving the program then good riddance.

Edited by KCMO2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 2:27 PM, uncle bernard said:

He was not put on the new updated Iowa roster, so there might be some fire there. I could definitely see some issues with getting into grad school being the case or something. 

My guess is he will be eligible eventually, but if not, who does Iowa roll out at 141? Teasdale was also left off the new roster, so any Teasdale 133/Desanto 141 answer is also a problem. Murin could stay down at 141, but that only creates a problem at 149.

I think I read that Vince Turk applied for an extra season since he only wrestled one match due to injury his sophomore year I believe. Definitely wouldn’t score as many points as Jaydin, but would certainly be a solid option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, funnyfletcher said:

I think I read that Vince Turk applied for an extra season since he only wrestled one match due to injury his sophomore year I believe. Definitely wouldn’t score as many points as Jaydin, but would certainly be a solid option. 

Turk quietly had a really good year last year. His only two losses were to Lugo in rideouts at wrestle offs (#1 seed at NCAAs) and O'Connor in OT at Midlands (#2 seed). Only official loss was to O'Connor. He had nice wins over Storr and Clarke. He'd definitely be an AA contender at 149 if he came back. I was hoping he might give it another shot at a different school for one last year. He's definitely a strong candidate for an extra year. He blew out his shoulder in his first match of his freshmen year when many thought he would have been the starter over Carton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Turk quietly had a really good year last year. His only two losses were to Lugo in rideouts at wrestle offs (#1 seed at NCAAs) and O'Connor in OT at Midlands (#2 seed). Only official loss was to O'Connor. He had nice wins over Storr and Clarke. He'd definitely be an AA contender at 149 if he came back. I was hoping he might give it another shot at a different school for one last year. He's definitely a strong candidate for an extra year. He blew out his shoulder in his first match of his freshmen year when many thought he would have been the starter over Carton.

He was definitely fun to watch, I liked his style a lot, just needed work on bottom. Someone on the Iowa message board said Turk is heading to the Navy, so I guess he's not pursuing an extra year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 9:06 AM, KCMO2 said:

Do you think they want him back at Mizzou after he was dead set on transferring to another school.  He was a good scorer for the Tigers, but if he was so intent on leaving the program then good riddance.

If he's ineligible at Iowa and Mizzou won't take him back, could Eierman's college career be over?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, funnyfletcher said:

He was definitely fun to watch, I liked his style a lot, just needed work on bottom. Someone on the Iowa message board said Turk is heading to the Navy, so I guess he's not pursuing an extra year. 

He’s already an expert marksmen he should thrive in the navy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 2:34 PM, ShakaAloha said:

 

These are good points.  Thanks guys!

Is going back to Mizzou an option?  Or could he transfer to another school in need of a 141 like Michigan?

If Eierman is having issues with eligibility at Iowa, he isn’t getting in to Michigan. Michigan is incredibly difficult to get into, even for good wrestlers. Football is a different story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...