Sign in to follow this  
go_rines12

SEBASTIAN RIVERA IN THE TRANSFER PORTAL

3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Imagine Suriano and Rivera both being there and neither going 133. HA

Yes. Alvarez is no slouch, although he could RS. But I’m assuming Seabass can’t or doesn’t want to make 133 next season.

22 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Why would Rivera want to leave Northwestern? He’s been doing great. Something I don’t know about ?

Well as suggested by another poster on a different portal thread, maybe "he got sick of doing his homework."   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

30 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Why are you assuming that? Honest question.

Someone posted earlier that Seabass said he’s going 141 next year. Take it with a grain of salt, but it was related to his dropping (no pun) the idea of going 57kg in FS. 

43 minutes ago, pamela said:

Someone posted earlier that Seabass said he’s going 141 next year. Take it with a grain of salt, but it was related to his dropping (no pun) the idea of going 57kg in FS. 

Seabass said it in a Flo interview.  He still has aspirations for Oly-Gold.  He can't do that at 57 keggers, as he sees it as too much of a pull.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Suriano is most likely done

I don't want this to be true, although more folks believe it to be than not.

2 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

It's been confirmed he is indeed entering the portal. I'd venture to say Rutgers is the clear frontrunner, but I wouldn't count out Virginia Tech. Rivera has a close relationship with Brewer, and they could use an upgrade at 141 while Hillegas redshirts. 

I got my fingers crossed he inks with VT. I get the pull to get back home and know he loves Jersey. I think VT is a better spot for his development. He’d get to roll with Brewer, Frayer and Andonian. 

Does he have any ties with Princeton? If Kldzk is sticking around the RTC, Glory - Seabass - Klodz - Monday would be a solid  group of training partners. It would also be a great starting lineup, if only they hadn’t pulled his ORS.

4 minutes ago, pamela said:

Does he have any ties with Princeton? If Kldzk is sticking around the RTC, Glory - Seabass - Klodz - Monday would be a solid  group of training partners. It would also be a great starting lineup, if only they hadn’t pulled his ORS.

Ivy schools dont allow grad transfers to compete 

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Imagine Suriano and Rivera both being there and neither going 133. HA

3 hours ago, pamela said:

Yes. Alvarez is no slouch, although he could RS. But I’m assuming Seabass can’t or doesn’t want to make 133 next season.

What about 125 - Suriano, 133 - Alvarez, and 141 - Rivera as Rutgers first three weights for the 2021-22 season??  Suriano and Rivera are both eligible for Olympic redshirts in 2020-21.   

4 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Why would Rivera want to leave Northwestern? He’s been doing great. Something I don’t know about ?

He has his degree. My guess is that he wants to train on the side for MMA with Frankie Edgar and other NJ folks.

I agree it makes no sense from a wrestling perspective - NU has gotten him this far; why upset the applecart?

Rutgers would be fun. 

looks like Suriano is going to Olympic shirt again. I wish he wouldn’t. If guys have grown enough, they could have AAs from 125-149, plus they have some solid upper weights. They could have 5ish AAs if everything falls into place perfectly. Would be quite a turnaround from last year

This has been explained, but my memory ain't what it used to be.  Do you have to enter the portal if you want to transfer?  If Rivera was 100% into Rutgers does he still have to join this as a formality?  Just curious if this is an open situation or not, if you don't have to join the portal the answer would be yes.

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

This has been explained, but my memory ain't what it used to be.  Do you have to enter the portal if you want to transfer?  If Rivera was 100% into Rutgers does he still have to join this as a formality?  Just curious if this is an open situation or not, if you don't have to join the portal the answer would be yes.

Pretty sure that graduate transfers who can compete immediately still have to enter the portal.