Antitroll2828

Teasdale in the portal

2 hours ago, grappler6 said:

Can go D1 but has to sit a year and lose that year of eligibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, gimpeltf said:

Juco can be very complicated when done as a 4-2-4. I know of a couple situations where the final 4 year school lost wins that year because they screwed something up. It can be very difficult to reconcile 

He should just transfer to another D1 and try to salvage the last 2 years of his collegiate career.  Like @gimpeltf said if he goes JUCO, he could end up with nothing.

58 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

How can he transfer to a D1 school?  I thought you have to graduate or be  a corner case  to compete for 3 D1 schools. 

I think you get 1 freebie and then you have to sit a year as someone mentioned. 

1 hour ago, funnyfletcher said:

That may have been Mejia 

Mejia had already been announced  more than 2 months prior to this   The tweet onJune 18th  says “the feeling you get when you get another big time commitment.” So it appears they landed someone. 

Edited by Idaho

41 minutes ago, pamela said:

Weren't there rumors of Teasdale having a case of HEW when he was at Penn State, or was that just because of the weight cut?

He basically said as much in a few of his interviews after he left Penn State. It started his senior year of high school. The downturn in performance was very noticeable after his junior year. 

I think him leaving Iowa probably has a lot to do with the fact he's not going to see the lineup anytime soon. His results this year were not good. When you're used to being elite, all of a sudden not being elite can make things really hard mentally, especially if you're already struggling with burnout.

19 minutes ago, pamela said:

Thanks! I hope he leverages his wrestling talent to land at a school that will help him create a soft landing in case wrestling doesn’t work out. Seems like he might be at a big juncture decision-wise.

Completely agree. I'm kind of hoping he lands at a solid sub-d1 program where he can maybe refind a joy for the sport without the pressure and expectations and get a degree to set himself up for the future. Just hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:39 PM, gimpeltf said:

Juco can be very complicated when done as a 4-2-4. I know of a couple situations where the final 4 year school lost wins that year because they screwed something up. It can be very difficult to reconcile 

The 4-2-4 is a standard transfer and has its own detailed guides.  The rules aren’t complex for it.  

1 hour ago, Pinnum said:

The 4-2-4 is a standard transfer and has its own detailed guides.  The rules aren’t complex for it.  

First sentence is correct. You can say the second all you want but I was aware of 2 of them causing major issues within a couple years.

Here's how simple it is- 

4-2-4.jpg

10 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

He basically said as much in a few of his interviews after he left Penn State. It started his senior year of high school. The downturn in performance was very noticeable after his junior year. 

I think him leaving Iowa probably has a lot to do with the fact he's not going to see the lineup anytime soon. His results this year were not good. When you're used to being elite, all of a sudden not being elite can make things really hard mentally, especially if you're already struggling with burnout.

Especially when you get are getting smashed in the room every day. 

A few months after Gavin arrived at Iowa, there was an open practice. Reports were that he held his own vs Murin for the first couple of minutes, but then basically got beaten up and taken down repeatedly.

if Murin did that to him, imagine what Eierman, DeSanto, Lee, Gilman, Clark, Lugo etc did. He probably got beaten down constantly. Some guys, like Desanto, thrive in that environment. Some guys don’t. 

7 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

First sentence is correct. You can say the second all you want but I was aware of 2 of them causing major issues within a couple years.

Here's how simple it is- 

What were the issues that were caused? The rule is fairly easy to satisfy as long as you attend the JUCO for more than a year.

I can see it being a bit difficult to meet the 25% portion as that would require at least 30 credits (bachelor's is 120 credits) if you were only there for a year.

Or was it getting 12 credits to actually transfer (for each semester) since it can be difficult for other schools to accept transfer credits?

He should go to PittJohnstown, Gannon, Mercyhurst etc...and compete for a D2 title.  He is probably not driven enough to succeed (based on expectations) at the D1 level, and he wouldn’t have to sit a year.  He can be a champ or high AA and not have quite the grind that he would at any top notch D1 school.  

53 minutes ago, PinFallRecruit said:

What were the issues that were caused? The rule is fairly easy to satisfy as long as you attend the JUCO for more than a year.

I can see it being a bit difficult to meet the 25% portion as that would require at least 30 credits (bachelor's is 120 credits) if you were only there for a year.

Or was it getting 12 credits to actually transfer (for each semester) since it can be difficult for other schools to accept transfer credits?

The ones I remember were 15 years ago. One was a Lehigh BBall player where we had to forfeit 7 games. I think the other might have been a Lock Haven wrestler. I don't remember specifics just that both compliance departments were completely confused. Perhaps a better word than complex would have been ambiguous. If you looked at the sheet there are a lot of what ifs involved. And it's not uncommon during transfers to have to wait a while to see what credits transfer. It might be simpler under current rules but it's pretty uncommon under any circumstances.