Antitroll2828

Teasdale in the portal

6 hours ago, tightwaist said:

He should go to PittJohnstown, Gannon, Mercyhurst etc...and compete for a D2 title.  He is probably not driven enough to succeed (based on expectations) at the D1 level, and he wouldn’t have to sit a year.  He can be a champ or high AA and not have quite the grind that he would at any top notch D1 school.  

This would probably be best for him.  Is he willing to consider at Div. 2 or 3 program?  Or is he insistent on trying to make it at Div. 1?

47 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

This would probably be best for him.  Is he willing to consider at Div. 2 or 3 program?  Or is he insistent on trying to make it at Div. 1?

There have been plenty of guys that have found success at the lower levels. But there  also have been many big time recruits who have washed out at the D1 level and went to a lower division and did not have the success that was expected.  Obviously the skill level and talent is less, but a guy who does love wrestling anymore is not going to waltz to a D2/D3 championship.

23 minutes ago, Jim L said:

There have been plenty of guys that have found success at the lower levels. But there  also have been many big time recruits who have washed out at the D1 level and went to a lower division and did not have the success that was expected.  Obviously the skill level and talent is less, but a guy who does love wrestling anymore is not going to waltz to a D2/D3 championship.

Good points.  Hope Gavin can find a nice landing spot.

19 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

First sentence is correct. You can say the second all you want but I was aware of 2 of them causing major issues within a couple years.

Here's how simple it is- 

4-2-4.jpg

Was your point that the guide shows it is simple or are you saying that is complex?

That guide is simple.  It’s basically the same as a 2-4 transfer for qualifiers and non-qualifiers.  

I am not doubting you on what had possibly happened but I am curious when it happened and it is possible it was under old policies.  Because what you’re describing doesn’t sound like something we would see under the current rules.  It’s a pretty simple transfer. 

1 minute ago, Pinnum said:

Was your point that the guide shows it is simple or are you saying that is complex?

That guide is simple.  It’s basically the same as a 2-4 transfer for qualifiers and non-qualifiers.  

I am not doubting you on what had possibly happened but I am curious when it happened and it is possible it was under old policies.  Because what you’re describing doesn’t sound like something we would see under the current rules.  It’s a pretty simple transfer. 

In theory it seems straight lined. But in practice it isn't. I remember talking to some compliance people when the ones I remembered happened and they basically did face palms talking about it.

So I repeat, people can say what they want, it isn't (at least wasn't) simple and is full of pitfalls.