Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Scorenomore

$1,000 point spread idea

Recommended Posts

With so much time to think about a pro wrestling league someday - what do you guys think about a match payout that pays a max $10k to the winner for a tech.  This would encourage wrestlers to put up points and avoid 3-2 type scores.  Winner gets a $1,000 for each point greater than his opponent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2020 at 10:10 PM, LJB said:

i think it's a wonderful idea...

all you have to do is find someone who is willing to cut the check with little to no chance of seeing any return on the investment...

shouldn't be too hard...

So if you could do 100,000 buys at $20 ppv (I know that is a very optimistic number but just trying to work through it as I type), and you had ten matches with a maximum amount of 10k payout per match.  Thats 2 million in and max 100k out.  Now you have other expenses in their obviously but you also have sponsorships, etc to recruit.  

I could see it.  The 100,000 buys though.....like I said, optimistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lurker said:

So if you could do 100,000 buys at $20 ppv (I know that is a very optimistic number but just trying to work through it as I type), and you had ten matches with a maximum amount of 10k payout per match.  Thats 2 million in and max 100k out.  Now you have other expenses in their obviously but you also have sponsorships, etc to recruit.  

I could see it.  The 100,000 buys though.....like I said, optimistic.

if anyone could count on 100K buys it might be a profitable venture...

but think about how many on here whine about the 12.50 a month for flo and think that content should just be given away for free...

have you seen the whining about the $20 buy in for a pretty good card this weekend at a time when there is little to no live entertainment available at all?

ever been to the us open?

ever seen who is in the stands?

the only thing that keeps wrestling as well funded and afloat as it is, is the membership fees for every parent, coach, and little kid having to pay $50 a year to USAW for a little card... when you see those numbers you realize just how small wrestling is in this country...

anyway... 100K is a pipe dream for buys... and anything that was trying to be held consistently even more so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LJB said:

if anyone could count on 100K buys it might be a profitable venture...

but think about how many on here whine about the 12.50 a month for flo and think that content should just be given away for free... agreed

have you seen the whining about the $20 buy in for a pretty good card this weekend at a time when there is little to no live entertainment available at all? yep

ever been to the us open? plenty

ever seen who is in the stands?  yep

the only thing that keeps wrestling as well funded and afloat as it is, is the membership fees for every parent, coach, and little kid having to pay $50 a year to USAW for a little card... when you see those numbers you realize just how small wrestling is in this country... 

anyway... 100K is a pipe dream for buys... and anything that was trying to be held consistently even more so...like i said being optimistic.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LJB said:

now, you are just trying to get me riled up...

And while I don't necessarily thrive on them, FLO lying to everyone and telling us all what to care about just gives me warm fuzzies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lurker said:

And while I don't necessarily thrive on them, FLO lying to everyone and telling us all what to care about just gives me warm fuzzies.

go ahead...

say something about greco...

let's do this!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...