Sign in to follow this  
MPC

TCNJ cancels wrestling for Fall

https://tcnjathletics.com/news/2020/6/27/general-tcnj-athletics-fall-semester-statement.aspx 

The College of NJ (Div III) cancels all "high risk" sports for the fall with Wrestling also mentioned. Not sure how one plays basketball 6 feet apart so this seems like it could start a snowball effect for Div III.----updated from the poster below

Edited by MPC

On 6/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, 1032004 said:

Your link says basketball as well

Indeed--this was left off of much of the reporting on it. Good catch, as I wanted to post the official press release. Either way it is not a good sign for a potential NCAA season. Though honestly I can't imagine a way to do it safely at this time.

6 hours ago, MPC said:

Indeed--this was left off of much of the reporting on it. Good catch, as I wanted to post the official press release. Either way it is not a good sign for a potential NCAA season. Though honestly I can't imagine a way to do it safely at this time.

We are spiking again. If it isn’t under control in a few weeks, fall sports will be cancelled. 

I think the next two weeks will determine wrestling’s fate this season. If the numbers continue to decline in NJ/NY then i think there is hope but if they climb here I don’t know how they will be able to justify football or wrestling. Teachers have to wear a mask to teach yet they are going to allow football/wrestling practices?  The rest of the country seems to be a month behind this area so how we go, the country goes imo.