ConnorsDad

Fantastic Article from Open Mat regarding BTS

https://news.theopenmat.com/international-wrestling/a-failure-in-leadership-and-four-other-takeaways-from-the-rumble-on-the-rooftop/78369

While being a Flo fan, I have always subscribed to Open Mat as I think Earl does a great job and I get a lot of wrestling info, D2, D3, etc., that I cant get elsewhere. This article is spot on and is definitely a (nother) black eye for Flo.

they do talk about it, but, if you think they are concerned with any supposed "backlash" you would be sorely mistaken... 

as far as the article goes, do a search on that site for FLO... 3 articles in the last 3 years come up... 

hi pot... my name is kettle...

31 minutes ago, LJB said:

they do talk about it, but, if you think they are concerned with any supposed "backlash" you would be sorely mistaken... 

as far as the article goes, do a search on that site for FLO... 3 articles in the last 3 years come up... 

hi pot... my name is kettle...

I see 6 just searching "FloNationals" alone...

Did they talk about the Rumble on the Rooftop on any of the episodes last week?  I could be wrong but I don't believe so.   Even looking at the summary of today's show it is not even included, but there are topics on a photoshoot and practice with Frank Chamizo.  

Flo obviously has an issue with events they do not stream.   The fact that there is such little about this event which was literally the only wrestling to happen in months and included some big names is not really a good look for Flo IMO (not that they care).   Looks like they really want to grow wrestling ...as long as it's streamed on flo

0:00 - CP is on location at Rhino Wrestling
0:01 - JD Rader is making his FRL debut on his hometown area code
0:02 - CP talks about the shoot with Frank Chamizo yesterday
0:11 - CP hops off and now the kids are at play
0:12 - Is there a better guy to watch practice for a young guy than Chamizo?
0:13 - Do we put too much emphasis on PSU’s wrestling and not enough on their mental training?
0:28 - Sebastian Rivera and Matt Storniolo were on the Bader Show yesterday
0:31 - Seabass on The Bader Show yesterday
0:33 - Ben’s take on Seabass coming home
0:42 - Ben’s advice to Sebastian Rivera
0:48 - Coach Storniolo clip on The Bader Show
0:50 - Will grad transfers be more common now with the portal?
0:56 - Chas Tucker is going in the portal, but NOT to wrestle

Edited by 1032004

i searched FLO and the only 4 (i can't count) that came up were 1 each article on flonational for 2017-19... all free... no greco...

i found one article about WNO...

i also found a couple of offhand remarks when searching FloWrestling...

dude's article is just the little guy whining about the big bad bully on the block while doing the exact thing he complains of... 

now, could Flo do differently, of course they could... so could all of the other wrestling outlets... 

i do not know what everyone expects Flo to do... they promote their brand... it is unreasonable to expect them to promote others... just like in the example dude mentioned with FOX and CBS... 

i will agree 100% that the grow wrestling is just lip service, but, it is from everyone involved, not just the big bad bully Flo...

why hasn't open mat made any mention of dake vs chamizo?

less than a month out...

in 2018, they mentioned a month out that burroughs and chamizo would be headlining BTS...

go look for the number of articles on "Rumble on the Rooftop" on that site previous to the one whining about Flo...

i just think if you are gonna cast stones and whine, you should probably have your own ducks in a row...

there is nothing biased or censored from earl and TOM.

you're 'evidence' is non-sensical including Burroughs-Chamizo (which was streamed on Flo) and no FloNats Greco articles (lol)

i'm also gonna guess you're not on twitter.

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

there is nothing biased or censored from earl and TOM.

you're 'evidence' is non-sensical including Burroughs-Chamizo (which was streamed on Flo) and no FloNats Greco articles (lol)

i'm also gonna guess you're not on twitter.

no... i am not on twitter and for good reason...

there has been no mention of any bias or censoring...

non-sensical?

how many articles were on that site about rooftop on the rumble other than the one whining about flo?

there is no surprise your chapped a$$ would jump on anything anti-flo...

15 minutes ago, Class said:

I read the article and thought it was great.  Really petty and transparent of Flo to avoid the event on their site in total.

it is an anti big bad wolf click bait article designed to get the very predictable response it has from the very vocal minority...

look at the number of shares it has as compared to the other articles on that site... it was done intentionally and has already driven exponentially more traffic their way than they would normally receive with their usual content...

it is a good strategy...

you want clicks?

whine about the only major player in your industry...

this a tired strategy that at some point will change in our society...or at least i pray to Odin it will change...

maybe only when the lights go out...

as a reminder, this site did not have one article about rumble on the rooftop except to slam Flo after the fact...

hang your hat on that...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

no... i am not on twitter and for good reason...

there has been no mention of any bias or censoring...

non-sensical?

how many articles were on that site about rooftop on the rumble other than the one whining about flo?

there is no surprise your chapped a$$ would jump on anything anti-flo...

lol. please tell me more about my feelings.

if you want to make  a judgement on something, you should really be more in-tune.

there was a great amount of fans on twitter voicing displeasure about flo's silence on this event.

there were group texts full of wrestling media people discussing it. 

and perhaps most crucial to your thesis, dumdum, since you wanted to bring ad hominem crap into it, last night on twitter i defended flo.

so get a clue.

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

lol. please tell me more about my feelings.

if you want to make  a judgement on something, you should really be more in-tune.

there was a great amount of fans on twitter voicing displeasure about flo's silence on this event.

there were group texts full of wrestling media people discussing it. 

and perhaps most crucial to your thesis, dumdum, since you wanted to bring ad hominem crap into it, last night on twitter i defended flo.

so get a clue.

did anyone complain about the open mat not promoting the event on their website?

because, they promoted it just as much as flo did...

no?

there was nothing ad hominem on my post... it was an observation after the explanation, dumdum...

but, hey... keep being the same guy you have always been...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

there is no surprise your chapped a$$ would jump on anything anti-flo

it's not only personal, it's wrong. and you'd know  that if you followed the sport better.

dumdum

Edited by Husker_Du

Just now, Husker_Du said:

dumdum

you should probably understand what ad hominen attack actually is instead of just regurgitating a tired internet term...

or...

as per...

keep being the same guy you have always been...

14 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

it's not only personal, it's wrong. and you'd know  that if you followed the sport better.

dumdum

hey, you were a jackass when you still worked for flo... you are no better now...

that is the long and short of it...

4 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

follow the sport better before running your yapper, junior

just because i do not follow your silliness does not mean i do not follow the sport or need to follow it any differently than i do...

i don't follow you because your takes are not great, emotionally tainted, and just flat out wrong for the most part...

why would i need to follow that?

Just now, Husker_Du said:

i'm not asking you to follow me. i'm asking you to get the full picture on something because your takes on here are horrible, ill informed, and factually incorrect.

be a better fan. 

how many articles about rumble on the rooftop was on TOM other than the flo bashing one yesterday?

simple question...

2 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i'm not asking you to follow me. i'm asking you to get the full picture on something because your takes on here are horrible, ill informed, and factually incorrect.

be a better fan. 

oh yeah...

i know you are but what am i...

i think that is the correct response...

We reached out to FloWrestling for comment and received the message, “We appreciate your interest in how FloWrestling covers our sport. We wish The Open Mat all the best”

Those waiting for change at Flo shouldn't hold their breath. Not only do they not take criticism seriously, they view it with contempt. 

The irony is that their refusal to cover events they don't stream make them worse at their job. During this past conference tournament season, I followed the action mostly on Flo and through the coverage/analysis of their guys on twitter. A few days after conferences, I was trying to put together some seed projections and one of my early questions was Mueller v. Glory for the 2 seed at 125. I go to look up Mueller's season only to realize that he had gotten completely dominated by Camacho at ACCs. Easily one of the season's most shocking upsets, and not a peep from the guys who are supposed to be covering the sport. Just one example fresh in my mind.