ConnorsDad

Fantastic Article from Open Mat regarding BTS

Just now, AnklePicker said:

Agreed and others have the right to tell you you sound like a whiner. 

Cool. I think you're a little sensitive though. This certainly isn't something I care a ton about. Just calling a spade a spade. 

For all the complaints about whining, the defenders of flo seem to be a lot more worked up. Why can't people just point out something they didn't like without you jumping down their throats to defend a company?

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

Cool. I think you're a little sensitive though. This certainly isn't something I care a ton about. Just calling a spade a spade. 

For all the complaints about whining, the defenders of flo seem to be a lot more worked up. Why can't people just point out something they didn't like without you jumping down their throats to defend a company?

you are smart enough to understand that Flo takes a lot of unwarranted heat for all the reasons you have already stated in this thread...

they are better at what they do then anyone else, so, that makes them the target...

it gets super annoying hearing them get bashed all the time mostly because people are just not that bright and do not understand how the world works...

30 minutes ago, LJB said:

so, seeing as though the boys at Flo talked about the matches... are they still the devil?????

They didn't talk about it long enough,

they didn't get enough in depth about the techniques and tactics,

they didn't......well wait give me a few minutes, I will find something.

Just now, Lurker said:

They didn't talk about it long enough,

they didn't get enough in depth about the techniques and tactics,

they didn't......well wait give me a few minutes, I will find something.

they talked about the JO Nolf match waaaaaaaaay longer than it deserved...

Just now, LJB said:

Stop it you little backhat wearing always complaining mook.  Learn how the real world works then come back.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Stop it you little backhat wearing always complaining mook.  Learn how the real world works then come back.

fine...

FLO IS STILL THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, LJB said:

Most of the discussion was Askren saying he never wanted to see them wrestle again...

I do appreciate they talked about it, but they really only talked about Lugo/Pletcher and Nolf/JO, and even most of the Lugo/Pletcher conversation was just about their weight.  It was also 2 days after it happened, and I bet partly due to the backlash they've received (which they did not acknowledge).   

They're not the devil, but they certainly have some areas where they can improve, and I think that's all most people are saying.

18 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Most of the discussion was Askren saying he never wanted to see them wrestle again...

I do appreciate they talked about it, but they really only talked about Lugo/Pletcher and Nolf/JO, and even most of the Lugo/Pletcher conversation was just about their weight.  It was also 2 days after it happened, and I bet partly due to the backlash they've received (which they did not acknowledge).   

They're not the devil, but they certainly have some areas where they can improve, and I think that's all most people are saying.

nah...

FLO IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, LJB said:

nah...

FLO IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, forgot they talked about Downey/Rau but that was mostly nomad complaining that he didn’t like modified rule sets

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Oh yeah, forgot they talked about Downey/Rau but that was mostly nomad complaining that he didn’t like modified rule sets

one thing i will note...

they asked immediately if ben had finally watched the matches... meaning he had not before last night, so, can't have a discussion yesterday...

i guess askren just didn't know the event had been held because neither flo nor TOM had not done any promotion...

What a weird thread.  It feels like only Flo is ever held to this standard in any aspect.  No other media organizations, none of the coaches.  For everybody else it's "their job is to win for their school/succeed for their business, etc."  There is not a single organization that has done more to grow the sport than Flo.  And it's not a criticism of them that they are also profiting off it; they are a business.

Somebody mentioned something about conference tournaments they don't stream, but I remember a preview for, I think, almost every conference tournament, and they discussed the specified example (Camacho upsetting Mueller) in both written form and on FRL.

Here's a (lengthy) preview for the SOCON, an event they did not broadcast:  https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6726953-weight-by-weight-preview-of-the-2020-socon-wrestling-championship

28 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

What a weird thread.  It feels like only Flo is ever held to this standard in any aspect.  No other media organizations, none of the coaches.  For everybody else it's "their job is to win for their school/succeed for their business, etc."  There is not a single organization that has done more to grow the sport than Flo.  And it's not a criticism of them that they are also profiting off it; they are a business.

In regards to Flo, as has been mentioned they are the largest media organization by a wide margin, that's why they are the focus.  Same reason more people care about what ESPN does than FoxSports1.

There's also plenty of criticism of coaches doing things like ducking, etc. that they are only doing because it's "their job to win for their school."

In regards to Flo, as has been mentioned they are the largest media organization by a wide margin, that's why they are the focus.  Same reason more people care about what ESPN does than FoxSports1.
There's also plenty of criticism of coaches doing things like ducking, etc. that they are only doing because it's "their job to win for their school."

Not a single person would criticize ESPN for not promoting a Fox Sports 1 production.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Not a single person would criticize ESPN for not promoting a Fox Sports 1 production.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

They don't need to, because ESPN doesn't pretend they don't exist

11 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

They don't need to, because ESPN doesn't pretend they don't exist

do a search for "Fox Sports 1" on ESPN.com and see how many articles come up...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

do a search for "Fox Sports 1" on ESPN.com and see how many articles come up...

I see quite a few

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story?id=29088224&_slug_=mlb-show-league-playoffs-broadcasted (April)

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29295116/martin-truex-jr-dominates-late-win-nascar-cup-race-martinsville (last month)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/australian-a-league/story/4118015/new-a-league-fox-sports-tv-deal-buys-ffa-time-to-plan-a-better-future-for-australian-football (last month)

Regardless, most people weren't saying Flo should have been saying "Be sure to tune into Fite TV to watch these matches!"  It was simply a desire for them to acknowledge that they were happening, which they did not do until 3 days afterwards.   That would be like ESPN never talking about NASCAR at all, which I believe is currently only broadcasted on Fox and NBC.

Edited by 1032004

Just now, 1032004 said:

I see quite a few

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story?id=29088224&_slug_=mlb-show-league-playoffs-broadcasted (April)

https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/29295116/martin-truex-jr-dominates-late-win-nascar-cup-race-martinsville (last month)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/australian-a-league/story/4118015/new-a-league-fox-sports-tv-deal-buys-ffa-time-to-plan-a-better-future-for-australian-football (last month)

Regardless, most people weren't saying Flo should have been saying "Be sure to tune into Fite TV to watch these matches!"  It was simply a desire for them to acknowledge that they were happening, which they did not do until 3 days afterwards.   That would be like ESPN never talking about NASCAR at all, which I believe is currently on broadcasted on Fox and NBC.

so, three articles from the world wide leader is quite a few?

and they talk about NASCAR because they make money off talking about it... no other reason...

i don't watch ESPN... i haven't had cable in over a decade...

but, when i did have it, i remember being so annoyed by the lack of coverage of hockey... the only stick and ball sport worth much of anything...

why was there such a dearth of info on hockey?????

because talking about hockey made them no revenue...

economics rule this world of entertainment... 

that is it...

but, that is waaaaay too reasonable to whine about it...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

so, three articles from the world wide leader is quite a few?

and they talk about NASCAR because they make money off talking about it... no other reason...

Probably true but considering ESPN does not actually broadcast NASCAR events, along the same lines Flo could probably make more money if they talked about more wrestling events that they don't happen to stream.    (Note: talk about, not "promote")

6 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Probably true but considering ESPN does not actually broadcast NASCAR events, along the same lines Flo could probably make more money if they talked about more wrestling events that they don't happen to stream.    (Note: talk about, not "promote")

they do talk about events they don't stream...

and no way they make more money talking about them... they are subscription based... they probably wouldn't make any less, but, spending any time outside of a convo on FRL will not bring any value...

ESPN surely has a proven metric that shows numbers that watch their NASCAR talk whatever it might be... those numbers then can be converted to ad time revenue...

Flo doesn't work like that...

17 minutes ago, LJB said:

they do talk about events they don't stream...

and no way they make more money talking about them... they are subscription based... they probably wouldn't make any less, but, spending any time outside of a convo on FRL will not bring any value...

ESPN surely has a proven metric that shows numbers that watch their NASCAR talk whatever it might be... those numbers then can be converted to ad time revenue...

Flo doesn't work like that...

Yeah FRL would probably be the main benefit, since it would give them something to talk about (especially right now when there isn't much to talk about).   So could get a few more FRL listerners, who may buy the CBD products they're peddling...

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah FRL would probably be the main benefit, since it would give them something to talk about (especially right now when there isn't much to talk about).   So could get a few more FRL listerners, who may buy the CBD products they're peddling...

FRL used to be a once a week thing... back when there was all the usual to talk about...

somehow the  DEVILS at Flo have found a way to provide 3Xs that much content on FRL when there is literally nothing going on...