Pinnum

Today we have a new Division-I program in Kentucky

On 7/1/2020 at 1:12 PM, buckeyehomer said:

Spencer Adams is a great coach, but this looks like it will be an absolute disaster. I believe I read they will not be able to compete in the post season for four years, how are they supposed to recruit kids? 

The Louisville metro / Kentucky / Southern Indiana. might not produce a ton of D1 talent, but it's theirs for the taking if Coach Adams does it right.

I have three former wrestlers wrestling for Bellarmine at the moment so needless to say I'm excited.  

On 7/4/2020 at 12:33 PM, Swayz said:

Honestly what they need to do is look at redshirts for all wrestlers that have not  used it yet.    They need to also make sure they compete NCWA while transition.  That has been a good segway for many teams with good sized brackets and some pretty solid talent considering there are a lot of wreslters out there with the  fear of leaving the pond of home  where no options are except NCWA level.  Some NCWA teams are really solid,  some are ****ty.   But,   some also work way harder than  "official"   intercollegiate wrestling programs and have way better numbers.    Good competition from Navy Prep, Air Force Prep,  Liberty ,Schreiner and Apprentice always come to mind.   Central Florida might still be up there too, but since schools started adding in Florida I am not sure how they balance out now.  

To answer your question about Central Florida: they beat Shreiner 28-22 at the National Duals this past year and then finished above them at Nationals. Pretty even match between the two in their dual. 

I also think doing post-season in the NCWA would benefit any team. Cal Baptist, SIU-E, and Notre Dame did it before they became D1 and D2.

45 minutes ago, WarhawkUSF141C said:

To answer your question about Central Florida: they beat Shreiner 28-22 at the National Duals this past year and then finished above them at Nationals. Pretty even match between the two in their dual. 

I also think doing post-season in the NCWA would benefit any team. Cal Baptist, SIU-E, and Notre Dame did it before they became D1 and D2.

NCWA is the one that still held nationals after covid right?

On 7/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, lu_alum said:

Can a nomad truly declare any place as “home?”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is the one that worked for a certain wrestling media organization that charges for competitions people from other countries don't have to pay to see,  I would say he is at home with Spongebob in Bikini Bottom. 

4 minutes ago, Swayz said:

If it is the one that worked for a certain wrestling media organization that charges for competitions people from other countries don't have to pay to see,  I would say he is at home with Spongebob in Bikini Bottom. 

Would that wrestling media organization be owned by Comcast, by any chance?