Who are the contenders for throwing the biggest fit/temper tantrum of all time after suffering a loss? I will note a couple of contenders but I'm sure I have forgotten some pretty legendary meltdowns over the years. 

Metcalf shoving Caldwell down mid flip. I'm sure the Hawk faithful will defend this one stating there was .1 seconds left on the clock, but we all know the truth. Metcalf couldn't handle the beating that Caldwell laid out for him in the NCAA finals.

Taylor in match 3 vs Cox. Wow was this one ugly. A very poor look by the Magic Man followed up by equally gross behavior on social media while Cox went on to win a bronze medal at the World Championships.

Jadidi trying to raise his own hand and then crying to the mat judges. Legendary breakdown.

Team Mongolia. Protest away, big guys. This was without a doubt the best reaction to a loss ever and happened at the Olympics to boot.

Kyle Dake in any match he's lost. What a baby.

Terry Brands trying to climb a fence after his loss at WTT? I believe it took Gable and Tom to pull him down otherwise we may never have seen him again.

Any others that deserve inclusion? 

Edited by Perry

16 minutes ago, Perry said:

Team Mongolia. Protest away, big guys. This was without a doubt the best reaction to a loss ever and happened at the Olympics to boot.

This has been brought up before but that caused more of a stir here than in Mongolia. I had a sense that it was something cultural. St Benedict's has had a series of Mongolians going through a few years back (the 2003 Mongolian World team trained there) that I know. I asked one what it was. If you remember the coaches stripped and took their clothes and handed them to the officials. What they were saying was- you robbed me so take the rest of what I own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U36DqaTtAno

10 minutes ago, Perry said:

Honorable mentions to Koll, Manning and Brands for pretty much being obnoxious babies on a daily basis. 

Cael is really underrated in this respect because of his stoic demeanor, but he can bully an official with the best of them.

OP mentioned the Taylor meltdown against Cox already, but the often forgotten part of that was when the official walked towards the corner to get Taylor back to the middle, Cael hit him in the chest with challenge brick, then his towel, and then put a chair up on the stage, resulting in him being ejected. Hilarious.

Honorable mention to him shouting "you're killing the sport" at the official in the Wright-Bosak NCAA final for the whole tv audience to hear. Couldn't stop laughing when he kept shouting it. 

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

This has been brought up before but that caused more of a stir here than in Mongolia. I had a sense that it was something cultural. St Benedict's has had a series of Mongolians going through a few years back (the 2003 Mongolian World team trained there) that I know. I asked one what it was. If you remember the coaches stripped and took their clothes and handed them to the officials. What they were saying was- you robbed me so take the rest of what I own!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U36DqaTtAno

This is, unironically, one of the greatest protests of all time. 

1 hour ago, Perry said:

Who are the contenders for throwing the biggest fit/temper tantrum of all time after suffering a loss? I will note a couple of contenders but I'm sure I have forgotten some pretty legendary meltdowns over the years. 

Metcalf shoving Caldwell down mid flip. I'm sure the Hawk faithful will defend this one stating there was .1 seconds left on the clock, but we all know the truth. Metcalf couldn't handle the beating that Caldwell laid out for him in the NCAA finals.

Taylor in match 3 vs Cox. Wow was this one ugly. A very poor look by the Magic Man followed up by equally gross behavior on social media while Cox went on to win a bronze medal at the World Championships.

Jadidi trying to raise his own hand and then crying to the mat judges. Legendary breakdown.

Kyle Dake in any match he's lost. What a baby.

Terry Brands trying to climb a fence after his loss at WTT? I believe it took Gable and Tom to pull him down otherwise we may never have seen him again.

Any others that deserve inclusion? 

The Taylor thing had the feel of a classic pro wrestling heal turn.  Loved my many Taylor turns on another "good guy" to the horror of many of this adoring fans.  Post match reaction and the subsequent social media nonsense certainly negatively impacted my view of David Taylor.   

3 hours ago, Perry said:

He was also crawling off the mat like a dog, or maybe a dying man in the desert.  It was sad.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

The Metcalf one is not really involved here.  You can get mad about it, but there was time on the clock.

Terry after losing to Kendall Cross was pretty bad.  The Taylor/Cael combo after Match 3 was pretty epic.

Desanto vs. Micic was another one, obviously.

Don't get the logic with Metcalf here. There was still time on the clock with Desanto-Micic too. Both moves were dangerous, but you could at least make the argument that Desanto was trying to use his dangerous move to put Micic on his back. You can't make that argument with Metcalf. And the worst case scenario for injury was way worse for Metcalf's move than Desanto's too. I'm a hawk fan, but a spade's a spade.

2 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Don't get the logic with Metcalf here. There was still time on the clock with Desanto-Micic too. Both moves were dangerous, but you could at least make the argument that Desanto was trying to use his dangerous move to put Micic on his back. You can't make that argument with Metcalf. And the worst case scenario for injury was way worse for Metcalf's move than Desanto's too. I'm a hawk fan, but a spade's a spade.

Desanto performed an actual illegal move.  Metcalf was chasing Caldwell around with (short) time on the clock, it's not like he made Caldwell do a backflip.  For instance, if Caldwell, for whatever reason, started doing a backflip in the middle of the second period, what should Metcalf have done?  There is no scenario where it's ok for Desanto to do what he did to Micic.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Desanto performed an actual illegal move.  Metcalf was chasing Caldwell around with (short) time on the clock, it's not like he made Caldwell do a backflip.  For instance, if Caldwell, for whatever reason, started doing a backflip in the middle of the second period, what should Metcalf have done?  There is no scenario where it's ok for Desanto to do what he did to Micic.

Didn’t the NCAA D1 wrestling committee reprimand Metcalf for the shove?

You can't say it at the time...but I'll defend Desanto a little, was he really trying to injure Micic, or was he just doing whatever crazy thing he thought he had to do win the match in the last fleeting seconds? That statement can be pulled apart but I'll just say I don't think he decideed after a certain point to change policy from "win the match" to "rip arm off".

3 hours ago, buckeyehomer said:

Terry had a pretty bid meltdown after his loss in the NCAA finals. Manning might be one of the worst winners ive seen lol, always flexing at the other coaches in U.S. open and world team trials finals.,

Terry lost to Kelber from Nebraska and wouldn't shake his hand after the match costing Iowa a team point and the team points record

2 hours ago, balanceseeker said:

The Taylor thing had the feel of a classic pro wrestling heal turn.  Loved my many Taylor turns on another "good guy" to the horror of many of this adoring fans.  Post match reaction and the subsequent social media nonsense certainly negatively impacted my view of David Taylor.   

i had kind of forgotten how obnoxious he was during that match and then afterwards... 

but, listening to his interview on flo right now and realizing he is just a smarmy kind of guy...

41 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

You can't say it at the time...but I'll defend Desanto a little, was he really trying to injure Micic, or was he just doing whatever crazy thing he thought he had to do win the match in the last fleeting seconds? That statement can be pulled apart but I'll just say I don't think he decideed after a certain point to change policy from "win the match" to "rip arm off".

I would disagree, I think he decided that with about 20 seconds left.

Side note, I can’t find the full video any more but this one shows the end.  I believe this video starts right after he was penalized for basically punching him in the head.   Then he doubles him after the whistle, does the cartwheel/head kick, then the Kimura.   I think people forget about all those other things and only remember the kimura.

But yeah, the past 2 years his worst antics were actually in wins (and all pale in comparison to the Micic match).