5 hours ago, Katie said:

If a wrestler does something to endanger an opponent who has left his feet, consequences can absolutely follow — including unnecessary roughness, unsportsmanlike conduct, flagrant misconduct, civil assault/battery, and criminal assault/battery.

Also, not the same thing.

13 hours ago, 1032004 said:

George incident - 

Looks like he is a director of sales now 

Thanks for posting, very helpful since it allows us to declare this the undisputed world champion pathetic excuse for sportsmanship, and to move on to the next topic since this performance cannot be topped. 

3 hours ago, drag it said:

Thanks for posting, very helpful since it allows us to declare this the undisputed world champion pathetic excuse for sportsmanship, and to move on to the next topic since this performance cannot be topped. 

Whoa. Who. Whoa.  There are other contenders. Our beloved J'Den had a beef with Wellington.  Trenge had a series of meltdowns. 

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

Absolutely.  No one is being audited, so tax return links are provided.

His tax returns are posted, too?!?! 

Is this a common practice?

15 hours ago, russelscout said:

Also, not the same thing.

As long as you recognize there can be consequences for a wrestler who endangers an opponent who has left his feet.

Edited by Katie

David Taylor's handling of the loss to J'Den Cox was the absolute worst. No longer having the excuse of being a "college kid" it was bad enough what happened immediately after the match, but to then crap all over a guy who won a bronze medal.

Shows what a spoiled, entitled brat Taylor is...

37 minutes ago, Darth Vomitus said:

I'm not really knowledgeable regarding the Star Wars character group and whether that's a name from the franchise, but is "Darth Vomitus" related - or similar - to Lord Barf Later?

4 hours ago, Katie said:

As long as you recognize there can be consequences for a wrestler who endangers an opponent who has left his feet.

Oh I realize that. This was all in a response to uncle who said "his mid-air shove absolutely qualified as a slam under that rule". It absolutely doesn't qualify as a slam under the rule. Thats all I have been saying.

43 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Oh I realize that. This was all in a response to uncle who said "his mid-air shove absolutely qualified as a slam under that rule". It absolutely doesn't qualify as a slam under the rule. Thats all I have been saying.

If you want to concede the broader claim I made (that Metcalf's shove could be penalized), to win the point that the penalty wouldn't be a "slam," I'm happy to give you that lol. I hope you feel like this was a great use of your time.

9 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

If you want to concede the broader claim I made (that Metcalf's shove could be penalized), to win the point that the penalty wouldn't be a "slam," I'm happy to give you that lol. I hope you feel like this was a great use of your time.

I never said otherwise. You claimed it "absolutely qualified as a slam." Excuse me for pointing out when someone makes misleading comments, but at the bare minimum I hope others see how often you make a claim with no verification, then just double down on it and deflect the rest of the way. 

In my opinion calling out that kind of bad faith dialogue is a great use of my time.

I'm kinda stunned by the number of people trying to excuse BM's actions away, or/and saying the flip was while time was still on the clock.  It was not.  It is very clear.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion of whether he should have flipped then or not at all or whatever. And DC's actions weren't exactly an example of sportsmanship itself , but the flip, and Metcalf's actions were definitely after the clock, nor was it in any way any attempt at wrestling.  

Edited by Lurker

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm kinda stunned by the number of people trying to excuse BM's actions away, or/and saying the flip was while time was still on the clock.  It was not.  It is very clear.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion of whether he should have flipped then or not at all or whatever. And DC's actions weren't exactly an example of sportsmanship itself , but the flip, and Metcalf's actions were definitely after the clock, nor was it in any way any attempt at wrestling.  

What do you think is the correct response? Should he not have pushed him? Ya, but he got penalized a team point didn't he? Just say the word and I'll warm up the tar if you bring the feathers. 

Edited by russelscout

Post-match emotional meltdowns are embarrassing and indicate a weak mind.

Trying to intentionally physically harm an opponent is pathetic.

Lots of excuses being offered here.

19 and 20 year old grunts are trained to have restraint during and after firefights, and they are held accountable if they don’t.

I suspect some of the “mat heroes” being discussed here would be prone to folding into the fetal position if they experienced that kind of stress.

Our sport is diminished by poor sportsmanship and those who tolerate or rationalize it.

2 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

Post-match emotional meltdowns are embarrassing and indicate a weak mind.

Trying to intentionally physically harm an opponent is pathetic.

Lots of excuses being offered here.

19 and 20 year old grunts are trained to have restraint during and after firefights, and they are held accountable if they don’t.

I suspect some of the “mat heroes” being discussed here would be prone to folding into the fetal position if they experienced that kind of stress.

Our sport is diminished by poor sportsmanship and those who tolerate or rationalize it.

Your last sentence is very accurate, in my opinion.   If you can’t handle your senses at the end of a contest, combative or otherwise, don’t enter the contest.

50 minutes ago, Sstern said:

Your last sentence is very accurate, in my opinion.   If you can’t handle your senses at the end of a contest, combative or otherwise, don’t enter the contest.

Absolutely. 

This was drilled into my head by my parents before I ever participated in sports, and most of my generation, too. 

Then, my first coach told us that he wanted to win, but he valued sportsmanship over winning, and that win or lose, we were expected to always act with dignity and respect. 

Wrestlers act up because they’ve not been yoked up by a parent or coach the first time they crossed the line.

Wrestling will not survive if it follows the model of UFC and WWE hype and antics.

15 minutes ago, Old Corps said:

Wrestling will not survive if it follows the model of UFC and WWE hype and antics.

I have said this a few times. Flo wants to push this kind of stuff, ie. Downey, but I think in doing that they could lose sight on how many people love wrestling because of the stoic principles related to the sport and who view it as pure. It may bring in a few more eyes to the content now, but how long before it forces a large contingent away?

With UFC, I think you are already starting to see diminishing returns. You have someone like McGregor come along and UFC sells the hype and antics, and it works great, but now that is the product they need to sell and what the people want. Interest will be lost if someone doesn't come along who is more boisterous; more outrageous. It will just get more and more stupid until no one wants to watch it as a sport any more.

Selling the drama is a great plan short term. Selling the sport is better long term. JMO