2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I have said this a few times. Flo wants to push this kind of stuff, ie. Downey, but I think in doing that they could lose sight on how many people love wrestling because of the stoic principles related to the sport and who view it as pure. It may bring in a few more eyes to the content now, but how long before it forces a large contingent away?

With UFC, I think you are already starting to see diminishing returns. You have someone like McGregor come along and UFC sells the hype and antics, and it works great, but now that is the product they need to sell and what the people want. Interest will be lost if someone doesn't come along who is more boisterous; more outrageous. It will just get more and more stupid until no one wants to watch it as a sport any more.

Selling the drama is a great plan short term. Selling the sport is better long term. JMO

I concur with all. 

30 minutes ago, LJB said:

uuuummmmm...

i can guarantee you that the sky is not falling and wrestling will still be fine no matter how much the doom criers mewl about it...

Uuuuuuummmmmm.... 

No one even got close to saying the sky was falling...

Copying others strategy while sacrificing what differentiates you is not a good long term solution...

This is business 101....

Read a fricken book sometime...

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Uuuuuuummmmmm.... 

No one even got close to saying the sky was falling...

Copying others strategy while sacrificing what differentiates you is not a good long term solution...

This is business 101....

Read a fricken book sometime...

better get inside beofre one of those large chunks of the sky falls on you and hurts your delicate sensibilities...

i'm worried about you, little fella...

i just want you to be ok...

Just now, LJB said:

better get inside beofre one of those large chunks of the sky falls on you and hurts your delicate sensibilities...

i'm worried about you, little fella...

i just want you to be ok...

Same ole act. One thing I can guarentee in any discussion with @LJB is a quick exit from any discussion of substance and a sprint to the lowest common denominator to try to "win" on a forum. No doubt  business 101 is too high minded for you.

Now, proceed with trolling ya mook. Im out. If you want to have a discussion that goes beyond the kindergarten BS, @ me, but I wont hold my breath.

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

Same ole act. One thing I can guarentee in any discussion with @LJB is a quick exit from any discussion of substance and a sprint to the lowest common denominator to try to "win" on a forum. No doubt  business 101 is too high minded for you.

Now, proceed with trolling ya mook. Im out. If you want to have a discussion that goes beyond the kindergarten BS, @ me, but I wont hold my breath.

tissue?????

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

You just can't help yourself, can you.

14 hours ago, russelscout said:

What do you think is the correct response? Should he not have pushed him? Ya, but he got penalized a team point didn't he? Just say the word and I'll warm up the tar if you bring the feathers. 

I’m not following what you’re saying...

12 hours ago, russelscout said:

I have said this a few times. Flo wants to push this kind of stuff, ie. Downey, but I think in doing that they could lose sight on how many people love wrestling because of the stoic principles related to the sport and who view it as pure.

Eh, most of those people will be dead in a few years anyway

5 hours ago, wrestlingphish said:

Eddie Gallagher.

Yes, of course. 

What was I thinking?

On second thought, every American who has every served in combat was a deranged and merciless baby-killer. 

Thanks for the intellectual discussion. 

4 hours ago, Old Corps said:

Yes, of course. 

What was I thinking?

On second thought, every American who has every served in combat was a deranged and merciless baby-killer. 

Thanks for the intellectual discussion. 

I mean there are countless more examples and probably thousands more we will never hear about. You made the claim that those who go into battle are held accountable. Not me.

On 7/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, VakAttack said:

The Metcalf one is not really involved here.  You can get mad about it, but there was time on the clock.

Terry after losing to Kendall Cross was pretty bad.  The Taylor/Cael combo after Match 3 was pretty epic.

Desanto vs. Micic was another one, obviously.

Sure Brent, we can go with that one....

You can't see the real clock. I do think the graphic was slightly off (not as much as I had previously thought) but the tapper reaches for the ref before DC flips and you can see the ref trying to stop BM before also.

4 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

You can't see the real clock. I do think the graphic was slightly off (not as much as I had previously thought) but the tapper reaches for the ref before DC flips and you can see the ref trying to stop BM before also.

Additionally, the whistle was very loud.  

Look:

1.) Caldwell STARTED his celebration and flip(just because he isn't in the air before the whistle doesn't mean the flip doesn't start before it) BEFORE the clock ran out.  

2.) Metcalf STARTED chasing him around the mat BEFORE the clock ran out.

3.) By the time Caldwell is in the air, Metcalf has almost completely stopped and barely touches him. He OBVIOUSLY pulls up.  What he did was the equivalent of the minor shoulder bump when walking past someone walking towards you.  

4.) If Metcalf was so bad, he would have kept his complete momentum, by the time Caldwell is mid-air, he ends up flying OFF the platform.

Should Metcalf have COMPLETELY pulled off?  Sure.  But, what he did is NOWHERE NEAR what some of you paint it to be......................

20 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Look:

1.) Caldwell STARTED his celebration and flip(just because he isn't in the air before the whistle doesn't mean the flip doesn't start before it) BEFORE the clock ran out.  

3.) By the time Caldwell is in the air, Metcalf has almost completely stopped and barely touches him. He OBVIOUSLY pulls up.  What he did was the equivalent of the minor shoulder bump when walking past someone walking towards you.  

4.) If Metcalf was so bad, he would have kept his complete momentum, by the time Caldwell is mid-air, he ends up flying OFF the platform.

Should Metcalf have COMPLETELY pulled off?  Sure.  But, what he did is NOWHERE NEAR what some of you paint it to be......................

Beating a dead horse South Park GIF | Beating A Dead Horse | Know Your Meme

41 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Look:

I personally don't really see anyone painting it anymore than Metcalf pushing him in midback flip, which is a dangerous and incredibly unsportsmanlike action.

I think the only ones trying to divert it at all from what it actually was are the people trying to excuse it away.  Just my opinion.

Edited by Lurker

10 hours ago, KCMO2 said:

Will people please stop making the argument that there was time on the clock when Metcalf shoved Caldwell.  

+1 to @KCMO2.  Here is the final 5 seconds.  

5Qp7KR.gif

The guy was doing a flip in mid air. Even a minor bump could result in landing in a dangerous way.   Could Metcalf have done something even worse?  Yes, MSU, he could have. You are right on that.  Still was a crappy thing to do, even in the heat of the moment.

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And as far as that "almost came to a complete stop when he pushed him" thing........

Dude, at one point he was running damn near full boar.  By the time he gets to him he is damn near standing still.  Not sure how you see anything different than that.  If he stays at the same speed he was at by the time he hits the N in the NCAA center, he takes him off the platform.  Is that even the slightest bit arguable?

Edited to add:  Did you play football?  I actually played strong safety.  So this situation was right up my alley.  If a guy goes airborne and you are running at them to the point you can be underneath them mid-air, you could do more damage to the umpteenth power over what Metcalf did.  How do you not see that?

Yes, he did wrong.  I am not denying that.  But, he OBVIOUSLY held off by the time he made contact!

Edited by MSU158