Sign in to follow this  
shieldofpistis

BO and Jorge

Masvidal is at American Top Team.  I think they have Steve Mocco, Muhammed Lawal, Yoel Romero, & i remember Tyron Woodley was there (don't know if he still trains there).  Masvidal is in good company.

Pic: Cassar, Masvidal, Nickal

download.jpeg

Edited by portajohn

20 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

I heard that Bo Nickel was helping Jorge Masdival prepare for Kamara Usman.  Think that helps Masvidal's chances?

Not sure how someone with lots of pure wrestling experience and zero cage experience is best to prepare for an MMA fight.

Tactics and techniques change greatly, once you can get punched and kicked or submitted.

I could see having Bo as a training partner to finetune any wrestling technique alongside an experience coach who can guide them toward techniques that will work in MMA.

1 hour ago, Jim L said:

Not sure how someone with lots of pure wrestling experience and zero cage experience is best to prepare for an MMA fight.

Tactics and techniques change greatly, once you can get punched and kicked or submitted.

I could see having Bo as a training partner to finetune any wrestling technique alongside an experience coach who can guide them toward techniques that will work in MMA.

Masvidal is training areas besides wrestling with other partners/coaches of course.  Bo helps with the wrestling . . . and probably some boxer helps with striking, jiu jitsu black belt helps with submissions, etc.     

Speaking of Cassar... I felt really bad for him when he hurt his shoulder and could no longer pursue his NCAA and Olympic dreams this year. But then the pandemic ended all of that anyway. He may have even dropped out of school before the spring semester and saved money as a result. (If I remember correctly, Cassar graduated a year ago.)