Sign in to follow this  
HenDog

Howe vs. Taylor

He had a fully torn quad 4 weeks before the NCAA tournaments that is generally a season ending injury and quite often requires surgery. The only time that Taylor and Dake have wrestled Howe has been in Freestyle and each of those times Howe has won the matches convincingly.

I'm not getting into the freestyle vs. folkstyle comparison, but you have to wrestle on the mat. Dake would ride him like a mule, just as he has everyone else. Howe likes to slow it down, and we've seen what happens to guys (minus Dake) who try to do that with Taylor. Howe likes to come forward, Taylor would create angles and score a couple takedowns. Again, Howe goes 174 next year he wins, 165 and 184 he doesn't. Book it.

Why do you think Taylor didn't score any tds in the freestyle match? Honest question. I know you can simply say "that's freestyle not folk, they're different", but what about those situations would change in folk? The way Howe dominated the tie ups and snap-n-spin'd behind Taylor are folkstyle moves also. There's no counter, that would likely work, that can be used in folk, that couldn't be used in freestyle as well. I think Howe would be a very difficult match for Taylor and Ruth. I'd really like to see Howe/Ruth.

Why do you think Taylor didn't score any tds in the freestyle match? Honest question. I know you can simply say "that's freestyle not folk, they're different", but what about those situations would change in folk? The way Howe dominated the tie ups and snap-n-spin'd behind Taylor are folkstyle moves also. There's no counter, that would likely work, that can be used in folk, that couldn't be used in freestyle as well. I think Howe would be a very difficult match for Taylor and Ruth. I'd really like to see Howe/Ruth.

Ruth is incredibly fast at getting to the legs and can switch in mid-motion. It's borderline not fair.

Howe destroyed Taylor over the summer, I really don't think it's changes much, note dake also lost to Howe but not as badly.

Dake didn't wrestler Howe at the trials. They wrestled freestyle a year earlier right after Dake won at 149. It went to the dreaded ball drop in the third period, which is 50/50.

Dake/Howe freestyle link below. As noted, the match was decided in the third period with a clinch. If Howe doesn't win the flip of the disc you are probably looking at a different winner. Dake was just moving up from 149 here and is noticeably bigger today. Dake wins this matchup from here on out.

Dake/Howe freestyle link below. As noted, the match was decided in the third period with a clinch. If Howe doesn't win the flip of the disc you are probably looking at a different winner. Dake was just moving up from 149 here and is noticeably bigger today. Dake wins this matchup from here on out.

It's possible, but we don't know until we see them square off. To be fair to Howe, he was wrestling with a torn quadriceps muscle.