Aviator12

Real Woods and Shane Griffith

20 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Does Griffith fit into cornells lineup? I assume Stanford and them compete for recruits.

Luckily for Shane he has some good options. Hooking up with Mark Hall and McFadden at Penn doesn’t sound so bad. 

1 hour ago, Aviator12 said:

Two very young, bonafide studs just made available with Stanford folding its wrestling tent among around 10 other sports.

Ill take both at Ohio State and call it a day. What say you guys??

So you want them both competing for the 157lb spot? Why do you need both?

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

So you want them both competing for the 157lb spot? Why do you need both?

I think if Woods and Griffith went to Ohio State, the line-up would be:

141: Woods
149: Echemendia
157: Sasso
165: Griffith
174: Karchla

2 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

I think if Woods and Griffith went to Ohio State, the line-up would be:

141: Woods
149: Echemendia
157: Sasso
165: Griffith
174: Karchla

It was a jab, my guy.  I think Woods goes 149 in that scenario, though, as Echemendia wants to go 141.  Teamwise it would upset the cart much less.

Also, I do think Karch goes 174 as well.

Northwestern seems like a good fit for Woods I would think?   An opening (and presumably some scholarship $) at 141 with Rivera leaving, and apparently he went to HS in Illinois (although I guess was actually from NM).

Not sure about Griffith.  Wonder if he would go back to the NE and go Ivy (Penn/Princeton/Columbia)?

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

It was a jab, my guy.  I think Woods goes 149 in that scenario, though, as Echemendia wants to go 141.  Teamwise it would upset the cart much less.

Also, I do think Karch goes 174 as well.

Yeah, I've also been hearing Carson might wrestle at 174 if we have a season.

I think Woods' best weight is 141, and if I were him, I would only consider schools that have an opening at 141.   

17 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Does anyone know what the transfer rules are in this case? They aren’t cutting the program this year, so if guys move schools for this coming season will they have to sit/get a waiver?

Pretty sure the FAQ on the Stanford page said they'd support transfers, so would assume they'd get waivers.

43 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Woods may go straight to mma

I’m curious to see where Abas ends up too

I would have said Fresno State.....but they have their own troubles right now and those profit/loss numbers looked liked a school on the COVID chopping block. 

If they stay at Stanford next year they will be three years into their degree (junior academically and a sophomore athletically). If they took Sumer classes in 21 they could technically graduate by December 21 then transfer having only lost a semester of competition, still having 1.5 seasons of eligibility and have a Stanford degree. 

5 minutes ago, Idaho said:

If they stay at Stanford next year they will be three years into their degree (junior academically and a sophomore athletically). If they took Sumer classes in 21 they could technically graduate by December 21 then transfer having only lost a semester of competition, still having 1.5 seasons of eligibility and have a Stanford degree. 

Good point. A Stanford degree is huge and hopefully most of the athletes get theirs