LJB

7.25.20 just got more interesting...

i know Flo is the devil... they are an awful company who are the worst thing to happen to wrestling ever... constantly lie to us... and shirk their responsibility to "Grow the Sport"...

but...

caldwell coming back to wrestle pletcher???

vito v alvarez added???

shut the front door...

1 minute ago, wrestlingphish said:

Now that Tbar has stepped back from the forums I think you have taken the title for most likely to ruin a thread within your first three posts.

AAAAAAWWWWWWWE...

you trying to make me blush???

you sweet talker, you...

7 minutes ago, wrestlingphish said:

Now that Tbar has stepped back from the forums I think you have taken the title for most likely to ruin a thread within your first three posts.

Oohh there's a couple candidates still hanging out there.

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Vito-Alvarez should have a few big exchanges. No idea what to expect from Pletcher-Caldwell.

clearly, it could look like askren v JB... or it could be somewhat to highly competitive...

regardless, after watching lugo totally control pletcher based on size alone, i was not super excited about seeing ashnault do the same thing...

and this is not a knock on pletcher at all, but, regardless of what some of your guys significant others have continually lied to you about, size really does matter...

so, caldwell becomes a talking point now... hasn't wrestled a real match in 8 years... can he possibly make it competitive... why did he take it in the first place... all that jazz...

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

clearly, it could look like askren v JB... or it could be somewhat to highly competitive...

regardless, after watching lugo totally control pletcher based on size alone, i was not super excited about seeing ashnault do the same thing...

and this is not a knock on pletcher at all, but, regardless of what some of your guys significant others have continually lied to you about, size really does matter...

so, caldwell becomes a talking point now... hasn't wrestled a real match in 8 years... can he possibly make it competitive... why did he take it in the first place... all that jazz...

I think he can keep it competitive.  He's going to have a pretty good size advantage, no?  He's still been training at a high level (not wrestling obviously but).  The match has my interest for sure.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

I think he can keep it competitive.  He's going to have a pretty good size advantage, no?  He's still been training at a high level (not wrestling obviously but).  The match has my interest for sure.

caldwell will be bigger... hard to say exactly how much... definitely smaller than lugo was... i just watched the bader interview and caldwell looks pretty slight still... has fought at 135 and now 145... 

even with a size advantage, he hasn't been training wrestling like pletcher... he just could not possibly be at that level in pure wrestling...

but, he could possibly make it exciting...

which is why this is so much better than almost anyone else...

my first thought was i wanted fix to step in... i thought would have been the matchup...

but, clearly, that would probably kick up too much still unsettled dust...

50 minutes ago, pamela said:

Yah, how much does Caldwell weigh these days? I think he looks a lot bigger now than he was back in college.

I don't have any recollection of DC's freestyle matches, was it a lot of funk?

In Fargo, he was DC. Kind of all over the place but could lift and throw with ease. One year (after soph year I think) his ticket brought him out for greco. He didn't know about it and didn't know greco. The coaches taught him on the plane. I think he placed 5th.

8 hours ago, LJB said:

please please please...

all of you Flo detractors...

DO NOT WATCH THIS EVENT!!!!!!!

IT WILL BE AWFUL!!!!!!!

seeing some complaints about the lack of a women's match.

however, it appears several were asked but declined

20 hours ago, LJB said:

I think the thing is that pletcher was a 133 for Most of his career so the move to 141 Just give him the opportunity to fill out and not cut as much but 149 is Just a bridge too far

23 hours ago, LJB said:

i know Flo is the devil... they are an awful company who are the worst thing to happen to wrestling ever... constantly lie to us... and shirk their responsibility to "Grow the Sport"...

but...

caldwell coming back to wrestle pletcher???

vito v alvarez added???

shut the front door...

What's going on with Flo and the girls not accepting to wrestle on this card?  Lots of arguments going on via Twitter today and it's tough to get the actual story.  Flo should chime in and tell the truth.  Some girls saying they weren't offered the same amount as the boys, and Pat Downey is going off on them not wrestling on Flo's platform.  

12 minutes ago, Glane18 said:

What's going on with Flo and the girls not accepting to wrestle on this card?  Lots of arguments going on via Twitter today and it's tough to get the actual story.  Flo should chime in and tell the truth.  Some girls saying they weren't offered the same amount as the boys, and Pat Downey is going off on them not wrestling on Flo's platform.  

no clue... i can't be bothered to follow the bickering on twitter... 

Flo should just worry about putting on the matches between the wrestlers who agreed to wrestle... trying to justify anything they do to the whiners on twitter will always be a losing proposition... 

On 7/10/2020 at 1:41 PM, gimpeltf said:

In Fargo, he was DC. Kind of all over the place but could lift and throw with ease. One year (after soph year I think) his ticket brought him out for greco. He didn't know about it and didn't know greco. The coaches taught him on the plane. I think he placed 5th.

I actually coached against him in the 7th/8th Greco match in Fargo DC's senior year. He was a highlight real for sure, and I tried to catch every match of his after that. He also seemed like a cool dude, too. 

28 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I actually coached against him in the 7th/8th Greco match in Fargo DC's senior year. He was a highlight real for sure, and I tried to catch every match of his after that. He also seemed like a cool dude, too. 

A bit of a gymnast also. Not sure how much he did in a formal sense but he would put on little shows while warming up. Unfortunately, he couldn't stick the landing at NCAA's!