BTC

Darrin Caldwell is back

The more I think about it the more I am excited about the Pletcher/Caldwell match.

I think it’s funny that Caldwell said he didn’t know who Pletcher was previously (but said he looked good after watching video), and Pletcher said all he had really seen of Caldwell was Metcalf.

The style/generation clash is definitely interesting, and you know Caldwell especially will let it fly.   And Pletcher did let it fly this year too, honestly even the 5-0 loss to Lugo at Rumble on the Rooftop had a good bit of action IMO.

Pletcher did seem to struggle with Lugo’s size though, so if Caldwell has the same weight advantage, that could spell trouble for Luke.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:15 AM, Hotkarl712 said:

I can't confirm he was six foot but he was up there

Wow! That's pretty cool. When I think of tall lightweights, I think of Waters, Sentes, McD, Tariq, Gross, but I'm not sure any of them were 6' or taller. Maybe Tariq?

Pletcher did seem to struggle with Lugo’s size though, so if Caldwell has the same weight advantage, that could spell trouble for Luke.

Is there a reason to expect Caldwell to have a big size advantage? He was at 135 for his last fight.

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

Is there a reason to expect Caldwell to have a big size advantage? He was at 135 for his last fight.

Weighing in at 135 in MMA means you cut 10-15 lbs 2 weeks prior and another 10-15 the week of. If he’s not worried about weighing in and is just going his workout weight it’s likely 150-155. 

2 hours ago, IronChef said:

Considering Caldwell is in the featherweight grand prix, wouldnt his last fight have been at 145?

10 hours ago, IronChef said:

7 hours ago, BTC said:

Considering Caldwell is in the featherweight grand prix, wouldnt his last fight have been at 145?

He doesn’t fight 135 anymore, I mentioned In another post but he gave an interview where he said the cut was to much and he ll be fighting 145 going forward where he’s 9-0 in his career and just choked out a previously undefeated guy. I doubt he’s walking around 145 nowadays like the article from 2015, he’s probably walks around closer to 160 

5 hours ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He doesn’t fight 135 anymore, I mentioned In another post but he gave an interview where he said the cut was to much and he ll be fighting 145 going forward where he’s 9-0 in his career and just choked out a previously undefeated guy. I doubt he’s walking around 145 nowadays like the article from 2015, he’s probably walks around closer to 160 

Which still may not be a huge size advantage over Pletcher. I imagine he walks around at least 150 probably more right?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

Which still may not be a huge size advantage over Pletcher. I imagine he walks around at least 150 probably more right?

10 lbs in high level wrestling is a lot. 

2 hours ago, Idaho said:

10 lbs in high level wrestling is a lot. 

Yes but we're really just guessing as to what they weigh.  "Closer to 160" for Caldwell and "at least 150" for Pletcher could mean they both might be around 155.