Maybe Flo really is the devil?

Yep...we have never had more information at our finger tips and yet we seemed to be much dumberer as a society.  In addition, it amazing me what people will put out on social media for all to see...even dumberererer!

Were the screenshots ever released?  Because as described, that's some creepy s*it.  I can't imagine how it would feel as a female athlete to have a member of the largest wrestling media organization ask for you to post pics in a bikini.  Based on what we know thusfar, Flo really had no choice but to fire him, which they seem to have quickly done.  I see some people coming at them on Twitter for this, but I'm not sure what they are supposed to have done beyond what they did?  Can't control what your employees are doing with their private time, and when it came out they controlled what they could control: his employment status.

The one way I see this being laid on Flo's doorstep is if it comes out Nomad had a history of this, or if Flo knew and did nothing before it was outed by Salata.

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

The one way I see this being laid on Flo's doorstep is if it comes out Nomad had a history of this, or if Flo knew and did nothing before it was outed by Salata.

I don't know if you are referring to my post on one of these threads suggesting that if this was about a marketing layout that it might be as much Flo's fault. The reason I said it might be on Flo (and your suggestions above are valid) was that it might be a marketing idea from somewhere else in Flo that was left to Nomad to expedite. 

Just now, gimpeltf said:

I don't know if you are referring to my post on one of these threads suggesting that if this was about a marketing layout that it might be as much Flo's fault. The reason I said it might be on Flo (and your suggestions above are valid) was that it might be a marketing idea from somewhere else in Flo that was left to Nomad to expedite. 

Ahhh, hadn't considered that.  Yes, if that happened it would also be on Flo's fault.  Actually, if that was the case, that makes Flo the "bad actor" and Nomad more of a stupid pawn.

I wasn't necessarily directing that at anybody, other than people seeming partying on Flo on Twitter.  Nothing we know about this so far seems attributable directly to Flo other than association with a creeper.  That's not to say there isn't more coming, though.

Do we know who he solicited?  If it's only rumors at this point, I'd rather not have a name, since she may not want it out there, but if she's self-identified or if it's been reported, please let me know.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Ahhh, hadn't considered that.  Yes, if that happened it would also be on Flo's fault.  Actually, if that was the case, that makes Flo the "bad actor" and Nomad more of a stupid pawn.

After previous post, I kind of figured that unless they are completely unethical and did what I asked about and are simply throwing him under the bus the fact that they quickly fired him and (I think) said something about no tolerance implies that Nomad was doing this on his own. Whether it was his idea of marketing or for his own prurient interests isn't good either way although at different levels of issue. 

1 minute ago, gimpeltf said:

After previous post, I kind of figured that unless they are completely unethical and did what I asked about and are simply throwing him under the bus the fact that they quickly fired him and (I think) said something about no tolerance implies that Nomad was doing this on his own. Whether it was his idea of marketing or for his own prurient interests isn't good either way although at different levels of issue. 

Totally agree.  Obviously it's possible (really mad at myself that I missed that possible explanation) that he was doing something asked of him by his employers that none of them realized was stupid, and then when this all came out they sacrificed him, but that' a tough thing to do because what impetus does he have to protect them?

Another thing I'm curious about is whether Askren will cut bait to avoid being associated with it.  I doubt it, since that's not really his style to care, and since this isn't a crime so much as just creepy.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Were the screenshots ever released?  Because as described, that's some creepy s*it.  I can't imagine how it would feel as a female athlete to have a member of the largest wrestling media organization ask for you to post pics in a bikini.  Based on what we know thusfar, Flo really had no choice but to fire him, which they seem to have quickly done.  I see some people coming at them on Twitter for this, but I'm not sure what they are supposed to have done beyond what they did?  Can't control what your employees are doing with their private time, and when it came out they controlled what they could control: his employment status.

I remember seeing some innuendo on twitter a while back about Nomad being creepy towards some of the women wrestlers, BUT it was coming from a section of twitter that one illustrious poster might call the "flo is the devil" crowd, so they might have thought it was just trolling or something. I always got some weird vibes whenever he talked about his tinder exploits. 

I don't think we'll know how implicated flo is unless one of the women comes forward and says she complained to flo about it. Assuming the allegations are true, I'm glad they fired him. Even if it was just to save face, there can be no toleration of that behavior. It's an epidemic online.

20 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I remember seeing some innuendo on twitter a while back about Nomad being creepy towards some of the women wrestlers, BUT it was coming from a section of twitter that one illustrious poster might call the "flo is the devil" crowd, so they might have thought it was just trolling or something. I always got some weird vibes whenever he talked about his tinder exploits. 

I don't think we'll know how implicated flo is unless one of the women comes forward and says she complained to flo about it. Assuming the allegations are true, I'm glad they fired him. Even if it was just to save face, there can be no toleration of that behavior. It's an epidemic online.

Yeah I was just texting with somebody and I mentioned that now that I was thinking about it, I do remember there was something a while back about Nomad.  That's bad.

ETA:  It's important to note that we do not know if Nomad has actually been fired.  Mineo could delete that Tweet at any moment.  That could give credence to the theory that Flo itself was involved and they're coming to some sort of agreement with Nomad not to do anything or say anything.  Or he could already be fired, I don't know.  I'm just saying Mineo is not the most trustworthy source.

Edited by VakAttack

18 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Yeah I was just texting with somebody and I mentioned that now that I was thinking about it, I do remember there was something a while back about Nomad.  That's bad.

ETA:  It's important to note that we do not know if Nomad has actually been fired.  Mineo could delete that Tweet at any moment.  That could give credence to the theory that Flo itself was involved and they're coming to some sort of agreement with Nomad not to do anything or say anything.  Or he could already be fired, I don't know.  I'm just saying Mineo is not the most trustworthy source.

This is a very good point. We really don't have any idea what's happened so far, if anything.

Surely, they will have to comment eventually right? Even if it's only to announce an investigation.They can't just have one of their most visible personalities just vanish from the site. So far, CP has taken the "tweet through it" approach. He's posted twice about unrelated topics and all of his replies are people asking about the drama, so that's pretty amusing lol.

It's very hard to figure out how to approach Mineo because he's been wrong on a lot, but he's been right about just enough on some big stuff that you still have to take what he says with some seriousness.

4 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Passing references on FRL. 

i do not recall any of this...

or possibly it just did not seem like anything to me at the time...

but, to be fair, that is the life of 20 somethings nowadays... it just doesn't seem like that big a deal...

whatever... tinder is not really the issue at hand...

Just now, buckeyehomer said:

What if Nomad just shows up on FRL tomorrow like nothing happened?

Now that would be legitimately funny.

1 minute ago, uncle bernard said:

This is a very good point. We really don't have any idea what's happened so far, if anything.

Surely, they will have to comment eventually right? Even if it's only to announce an investigation.They can't just have one of their most visible personalities just vanish from the site. So far, CP has taken the "tweet through it" approach. He's posted twice about unrelated topics and all of his replies are people asking about the drama, so that's pretty amusing lol.

It's very hard to figure out how to approach Mineo because he's been wrong on a lot, but he's been right about just enough on some big stuff that you still have to take what he says with some seriousness.

CP works for a corporation.  I would imagine lawyers are involved here.  As an attorney, my first advice would to be to shut the eff up about it, at least for now.

I'll say this about Flo: since Martin started the site as a really odd fanboy however long ago, their staff focus has been on only what they consider to be "elite" wrestling content. They provide excellent material, without question, but it's based on the fanboy arrogance of the staff (and there is enough fanboy arrogance within that staff to fill the University of Michigan football stadium).

That said, I have experienced first hand that if you publicly call out specific staff members on forums or social media, but back it up with reasonable arguments, they do respond. I did this with Willie and NJCAA wrestling here a few years back. I will not claim that I was the only person proverbially beating that drum, but I know it didn't hurt. At that time, they were prioritizing pre-high school youth wrestling more than any level of college wrestling that wasn't Division I. Whether the people at Flo saw it as opportunity for more subscribers or just that it was the right thing to do, I don't know. What I do know os that they listened and adjusted.

That said, I go to Flo's site once every few months anymore, as most of the personalities are self-absorbed (there and here), and the content is lacking, especially when they don't cover things that they don't come up with. As if wrestling isn't far enough on the fringe to start, we need the infighting, too? 

Rudis does a great job of making women a priority through their social media marketing, to include technique videos I faithfully watch when they post them. As a father of two girls, I don't know if I can ever back this enough.