Maybe Flo really is the devil?

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

And the Redskins didn’t “need” to change their name....

For the record I don’t think they need to tomorrow specifically, just at some point.

And if a well-known Flo employee got fired, I imagine they probably would address that too, even if it’s just saying “so and so is no longer employed here.”  Just like they did with Willie (although of course that was a different situation)

they have been whining about the redskins for at least 30 years that i can remember... possibly longer... and maybe not without some merit...

but, that is comparing apples to sea slug...

nomad was not a full time member of FRL... if they don't mention it ever i won't think any less of them... why would i?

they had to bring up willie running away... and they did it in a very respectful manner... much more so than his chapped ass has done...

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I can't wait till it comes out that LJB is pyles mom or something

just decide i am and keep saying it... over and over and over...

that is your MO... why change now?

3 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

"I don't look for the boogie man, but I'm going to talk about an ill-defined idea of cancel culture as a force that is destroying society, use that framing to become completely obsessed with defending a private company I'm not affiliated with, and blow up every board topic by posting "flo is the devil" in 100 pt. font every time they're mentioned and even in situations that they're not."

it's 72 pt font...

geez, get it right...

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

There is a pretty important difference. It is not rumored that the Redskins are named the Redskins. They are named the Redskins.

Flo firing someone over something is just a rumor. It feels like more because of Julia Salata's Tweet. 

Yes, whether or not they fired someone is a rumor.  Her tweet was not, and that was more what I was saying they should address.

i know this is the white male privilege coming out of me, but...

why now?

why not the moment the requests were made?

and i know that is me being insensitive to the movement, but, everyone needs to be better in this...

**assuming the request was not made saturday morning**

i know this is the white male privilege coming out of me, but...
why now?
why not the moment the requests were made?
and i know that is me being insensitive to the movement, but, everyone needs to be better in this...
**assuming the request was not made saturday morning**

There is something of a power dynamic. It you're afraid of passing off Flo,since they're by far the biggest name in wrestling broadcasting....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

There is something of a power dynamic. It you're afraid of passing off Flo,since they're by far the biggest name in wrestling broadcasting....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

i understand that, but...

Flo doesn't promote women's wrestling anyway...

wasn't that the sentiment?

and regardless of whatever, these are powerful women who are making their way by merit and nothing else... my initial thoughts are they should be leaders as well in these types of situations and speak out immediately whenever they feel like they are being creeped on/disrespected/sexualized/whatever they obviously feel that whoever did what to them...

and yes, i know it is easy for me to say that...

but, i would have hoped that these women wrestlers were strong and confident enough to stand up against this sort of thing and bring it to light immediately when it happened and not when there is already a **** storm whirlwind happening...

clearly, i am being somewhat naive'...

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

i understand that, but...

Flo doesn't promote women's wrestling anyway...

wasn't that the sentiment?

and regardless of whatever, these are powerful women who are making their way by merit and nothing else... my initial thoughts are they should be leaders as well in these types of situations and speak out immediately whenever they feel like they are being creeped on/disrespected/sexualized/whatever they obviously feel that whoever did what to them...

and yes, i know it is easy for me to say that...

but, i would have hoped that these women wrestlers were strong and confident enough to stand up against this sort of thing and bring it to light immediately when it happened and not when there is already a **** storm whirlwind happening...

clearly, i am being somewhat naive'...

Yes, but they WANT coverage.  So it's a tough situation for them, if they want to get any coverage at all.  You'd be surprised the things that cause victims not to report.  In my job, as a defense attorney, I see it all the time, and I have to ascertain if it's credible or not when there is delayed reporting.  I've seen both.

HOwever, the other thing to consider is, if we just assume the worst case scenario for the woman in question here is thati t happened, but she held onto it to use it to her own benefit, in the end, the most important thing is still whether it actually happened.  If Nomad did this, even if the woman in question held on to it to use it for her own gain (not saying she did, but just saying assume worst case), it really doesn't matter.

Just now, VakAttack said:

Yes, but they WANT coverage.  So it's a tough situation for them, if they want to get any coverage at all.  You'd be surprised the things that cause victims not to report.  In my job, as a defense attorney, I see it all the time, and I have to ascertain if it's credible or not when there is delayed reporting.  I've seen both.

HOwever, the other thing to consider is, if we just assume the worst case scenario for the woman in question here is thati t happened, but she held onto it to use it to her own benefit, in the end, the most important thing is still whether it actually happened.  If Nomad did this, even if the woman in question held on to it to use it for her own gain (not saying she did, but just saying assume worst case), it really doesn't matter.

i get that...

and i understand my comments could very easily be conceived as insensitive when they really are not...

i suppose i just wish we lived in a world where a woman (no matter how physically powerful they are or not) would call this **** out immediately and not piggy back it on an already explosive situation... that would do way more than anything else to show everyone this **** will not be tolerated anymore...

54 minutes ago, LJB said:

i get that...

and i understand my comments could very easily be conceived as insensitive when they really are not...

i suppose i just wish we lived in a world where a woman (no matter how physically powerful they are or not) would call this **** out immediately and not piggy back it on an already explosive situation... that would do way more than anything else to show everyone this **** will not be tolerated anymore...

Victims come out when they feel supported. People were pointing out flaws if Flo and Downey, so a support system is ready to help out when speaking out against them. 

The fastest way to that reality is to not question the motives of victims of creepy behavior when calling out creepy behavior. Your questioning of them now multiplied by everyone else questioning them is why they didn’t do what you say you wanted them to do. 

1 hour ago, jcjcjc said:

Victims come out when they feel supported. People were pointing out flaws if Flo and Downey, so a support system is ready to help out when speaking out against them. 

The fastest way to that reality is to not question the motives of victims of creepy behavior when calling out creepy behavior. Your questioning of them now multiplied by everyone else questioning them is why they didn’t do what you say you wanted them to do. 

Seems like a self fulfilling prophecy...

either way, if any woman really felt victimized by anyone at Flo, then this **** storm was worth it to bring it to light...

carpe diem, yes?

I don’t know how anyone knows what they’re saying here. We have know idea exactly when, or even what for that matter, happened but we have it figured out that they waited longer than they should have, and someone telling us why they waited???

Could it be....that he who would be fired made the bikini pic request during the dumpster fire this weekend. Kinda like “hey you girls want more coverage? You should post more bikini pics“.....

I mean I’m just speculating (as is everyone else)   But let’s sit tight and wait for the what and when to be factual before we go ahead and put our stamp on the why and how. 

17 hours ago, LJB said:

larry david created seinfeld with seinfeld...

I'm aware of this, which makes it even more odd that he would start a film that way... I don't know.

It's called "Clear History".

15 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That they have not directly addressed their own actions (dropping PD3) is a curious choice though. 

Did they drop him?

OR did he drop Flo?  

That hasn’t been clear to me.   

I don’t know how much Flo was paying for him to compete in the event but wonder if the contract may have been with his club or if the club was subsidizing the trip to compete and being fired from his club is the reason for not competing.  

Or was USA wrestling involved?   

2 minutes ago, Pinnum said:

Did they drop him?

OR did he drop Flo?  

That hasn’t been clear to me.   

I don’t know how much Flo was paying for him to compete in the event but wonder if the contract may have been with his club or if the club was subsidizing the trip to compete and being fired from his club is the reason for not competing.  

Or was USA wrestling involved?   

Exactly 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Could it be....that he who would be fired made the bikini pic request during the dumpster fire this weekend. Kinda like “hey you girls want more coverage? You should post more bikini pics“.....

I believe this is the exact way the SI swimsuit issue was developed.  

Different times for sure. 

12 minutes ago, Pinnum said:

I believe this is the exact way the SI swimsuit issue was developed.  

Different times for sure. 

Here's a quote from the business insider on the origin and growth of the swimsuit edition.  Doesn't seem anything like what is reported to have transpired here. (link to full article below)

The first Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition debuted on Jan. 20, 1964, as a five-page supplement. It was designed by then-editor, Andre Laguerre to increase readership during the winter lull between popular sports seasons. The premier cover featured Babette March in a white two-piece.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-history-2012-2#the-first-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-edition-debuted-on-jan-20-1964-as-a-five-page-supplement-it-was-designed-by-then-editor-andre-laguerre-to-increase-readership-during-the-winter-lull-between-popular-sports-seasons-the-premier-cover-featured-babette-march-in-a-white-two-piece-1

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How do you mean?

My understanding is that it did not start with female athletes featured.  But when there was a push for more female athletes in SI, they invited women to pose in the issue to introduce them to male sports fans.  SI still didn't give women much coverage the rest of the year but it became a big way for sports fans to learn about women athletes when there wasn't much sports news and they were already featuring women to men.

14 hours ago, DocBZ said:

Flowrestling has been a sketchy organization from its inception with their rampant overcharging of its customers. I always attributed it to their founder but it seems they have reared their ugly heads yet again.

My understanding is Martin's issues were running the business with whatever model they had - thats fixed now by what is largely (to my understanding) a model where the individuals making content make their money/get their support directly ~ again, just my understanding. Could be totally wrong!

Who is to blame for these recent issues (In regard to the past weekend)?

1- Obviously who ever asked for the photos. No brainer. Bye creep. (The issue here could run deeper obviously. Time will tell)

2- ...I dont know... truly, who do you blame for not offering an enticing enough compensation for female wrestlers to participate on your card? For not trying hard enough? Seems like they went after some of the most popular ladies, and low-balled them. If they (The approached female wrestlers) arent feeling low-balled then how could they justify paying less popular female wrestlers that same amount? They clearly didnt try hard enough to get a womens match on the card. Is the whole company to blame? Just the wrestling division? Just the FRL team? Just Pyles? I have no clue lol. I hope that they are transparent on this because there are so many questions that NEED to be answered. 

In regard to the women - They women deserve MUCH more coverage across the board. No doubt. A LOT of money to be made there and a lot of great stories to be told. Whoever fully invests in that and promotes it all properly is going to hit a jackpot. Rudis has a head start already.

In regard to the wrestling world/culture - All the little fish in the... reporters (?) pool/world are frothing at the mouth right now, and it shows. Youve got the pat mineo dude (probably) making troll accounts and having conversations with himself lol. Its a ****show right now. They all have this obsession with Christian Pyles, and everyone calls him/ the flo crew weirdos basically because a few of them werent successful wrestlers (at least it comes off that way). I find that more strange than someone who likes watching a sport and makes a career out of it. 

I doubt flo is going anywhere, and if they did we'd be left with like 8 or 9 individuals who would suddenly start charging for their content, very little of which is worth paying anything for right now (Aside from people like Willie Saylor - Id probably subscribe to his rokfin or whatever honestly.) simply because they are mostly "reporting" on wrestling "world" (more like just the U.S, honestly) Drama, and/or stirring the pot. 

In any case. Im interested to see how this all plays out, as is everyone else. 

Edited by iGranby

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I don’t know how anyone knows what they’re saying here. We have know idea exactly when, or even what for that matter, happened but we have it figured out that they waited longer than they should have, and someone telling us why they waited???

I mean I’m just speculating (as is everyone else)   But let’s sit tight and wait for the what and when to be factual before we go ahead and put our stamp on the why and how. 

this is definitely a possibility...

The first Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition debuted on Jan. 20, 1964, as a five-page supplement. It was designed by then-editor, Andre Laguerre to increase readership during the winter lull between popular sports seasons. The premier cover featured Babette March in a white two-piece.

People didn't care about the folkstyle season back then either?