Sign in to follow this  
Jon_Kozak

New Gold Medalists for 2012 Olympics at 120kg

Sounds like both Bilyal Makhov (RUS) & Komeil Ghasemi (IRI) will be awarded the Gold medal for the 2012 Olympics at 120kgs

Former gold and silver medalists, Artur Taymazov(UZB) & Davit Modzmanashvili(GEO), have tested positive for PEDs and their medals have been stripped.

Interestingly enough, Makhov is currently under investigation for PEDs...last I saw he said they were his wife's and he got them mixed up with his supplements haha.

13 minutes ago, LJB said:

this definitely moves him up to silver, right?

Not sure...currently all I've seen is that both Ghasemi and Makhov have been moved up to Gold.

Tervel and Daulet Shabanbay (KAZ) are both bronze medalists. So I'd imagine they would just keep them both at bronze rather than just move or both up to silver.

2 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Not sure...currently all I've seen is that both Ghasemi and Makhov have been moved up to Gold.

Tervel and Daulet Shabanbay (KAZ) are both bronze medalists. So I'd imagine they would just keep them both at bronze rather than just move or both up to silver.

double bronze complicates this process...

11 minutes ago, LJB said:

double bronze complicates this process...

No doubt it does, especially when so many are testing positive. 

I actually like double bronze now. But I can't stand repechage...I'd love for a full wrestleback consolation bracket. 

Obviously everyone knows Ghasemi should be handed the only gold. 

Ghasemi lost to Taymazov because he was unlucky and lost the ball grab thing at the end of both periods, otherwise it could have been the other way. Makhov lost to the silver medalist and is currently banned for taking his wife's steroids. Should be Ghasemi gold and Dlagnev silver. 

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

Obviously everyone knows Ghasemi should be handed the only gold. 

Ghasemi lost to Taymazov because he was unlucky and lost the ball grab thing at the end of both periods, otherwise it could have been the other way. Makhov lost to the silver medalist and is currently banned for taking his wife's steroids. Should be Ghasemi gold and Dlagnev silver. 

Seems like a hasty decision to give a gold to someone who is under investigation for PEDs. I guess if his "mix-up" incidentwas post-2012 

6 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Is that the same event that Zahid didn't get dqed from?

Correct-Zahid won the Pellicone beating Ringer 7-5 in the finals.

Then shortly after he was released from ASU for testing positive for a recreational drug. 

On 7/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, Jon_Kozak said:

Interestingly enough, Makhov is currently under investigation for PEDs...last I saw he said they were his wife's and he got them mixed up with his supplements haha.

That could happen to anyone.  I recall oh to well my own false positive-  when I accidentally took my wife’s Dianabol, winstrol, and anavar  thinking that they were my vitamins- and mistakenly injected her testosterone thinking it was my b-12.

Some say that our wives look like they were separated at birth-  but there are key differences if you look closely.  Makhovs wife has a bit more of a hairy back.  My wife has a more prominent Adam’s apple.

Why does it take 8 years to figure this stuff out? New drug tests? 

I have no sympathy for the cheaters, but I'm almost inclined to think there should be a statute of limitations.  

18 hours ago, dmm53 said:

I have no sympathy for the cheaters, but I'm almost inclined to think there should be a statute of limitations.  

Right. New tests. It's clearly stated in testing policy that samples will continue to be tested for a certain number of years as new testing methods develop. Not sure what that "certain number" is. Anyone else know?

8 hours ago, maligned said:

Right. New tests. It's clearly stated in testing policy that samples will continue to be tested for a certain number of years as new testing methods develop. Not sure what that "certain number" is. Anyone else know?

it's 8 years

https://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-sanctions-one-athlete-for-failing-anti-doping-tests-at-london-2012-7

The reanalysis programme for the samples from the Olympic Games London 2012 will continue until the end of the statute of limitations period is reached in August 2020

On 7/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, dmm53 said:

I think it is important to continue to test samples for years afterwards. It lets rathletes and coaches (and wives)  know that even if you have a new regimen that can't be detected today you can be caught years later. 

1 hour ago, Jim L said:

I think it is important to continue to test samples for years afterwards. It lets rathletes and coaches (and wives)  know that even if you have a new regimen that can't be detected today you can be caught years later. 

Perhaps so.   I wonder if the famous ancient Greek wrestler, Milo of Croton, will eventually have his medals stripped from him ... rumor has it that he ate bull's meat, which was then banned in competitions.  :) 

Edited by dmm53