Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

ugh... i just went and scrolled through twitter for 10 minutes...

here is what i think-

i am still 100% behind not getting on twitter and subjecting myself to everyone's thoughts every time the slightest something pops in there...

downey can't get out of his own way, but, what he said can be proved on this bbs on a weekly basis... 

with that being said... FFS, he should have known better...

i can't imagine any more straws left... no way he is on the flo card... no way any other RTC picks him up... he will have his first fight in the next few months... that is probably the absolute best thing for all involved...

7 minutes ago, LJB said:

ugh... i just went and scrolled through twitter for 10 minutes...

here is what i think-

i am still 100% behind not getting on twitter and subjecting myself to everyone's thoughts every time the slightest something pops in there...

downey can't get out of his own way, but, what he said can be proved on this bbs on a weekly basis... 

with that being said... FFS, he should have known better...

i can't imagine any more straws left... no way he is on the flo card... no way any other RTC picks him up... he will have his first fight in the next few months... that is probably the absolute best thing for all involved...

I don't see him getting dropped from the Flo card because everyone wants to see DT torture him.

He's entitled to his opinion, but the NJRTC is trying build their program and training environment and having a guy that everybody hates harms that overall goal. That's on PD3.

6 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I don't see him getting dropped from the Flo card because everyone wants to see DT torture him.

He's entitled to his opinion, but the NJRTC is trying build their program and training environment and having a guy that everybody hates harms that overall goal. That's on PD3.

If you think Flo can keep him in the card after this, then I would love to show you some excited investments in hall passes, bridges, and ocean front property in Arizona... 

Flo catches **** for stuff they do right... and this has just transformed into yet another cancel culture moment that is running rampant in this country... they have to remove him from the card...

much like NJRTC has to cut ties...

26 minutes ago, LJB said:

If you think Flo can keep him in the card after this, then I would love to show you some excited investments in hall passes, bridges, and ocean front property in Arizona... 

Flo catches **** for stuff they do right... and this has just transformed into yet another cancel culture moment that is running rampant in this country... they have to remove him from the card...

You honestly don't have a freaking clue....from other RTCs wanting him to Flo dropping him, you're totally ignorant. 

26 minutes ago, LJB said:

Downey's entire appeal for being on the card is to get massacred. This only strengthened that appeal. It's a completely different dynamic from the NJRTC, who has to worry about team dynamics and branding. Flo can just broadcast him getting murdered. Could be wrong, but I think you're overestimating the pressure to cut him.

Downey‘s ability to remain focused matches and avoid most outside distractions off the mat (minus the DT thing) was evident under Humphrey’s time watching over him.   Sadly after this split he may never make it back to they point again. 

Edited by MadMardigain

6 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Downey‘s ability to remain focused matches and avoid most outside distractions off the mat (minus the DT thing) was evident under Humphrey’s time watching over him.   Sadly after this split he may never make it back to they point again. 

What's sad is this new era of political correctness, where everyone has to hide their true feelings and/or thoughts...even when they're correct, or risk harsh consequences. And, if you knew Downey, he'll continue to get better, has other options, and always has a back-up plan.  You'll see. 

18 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

I doubt this is the first incident. Just perhaps the first they can point to specifically.

That was my take.  Based on prior situations he may have been on a close to a zero tolerance deal upon arriving to start with.  And if so issues behind the scenes and/or in public display can stack up quick.  

58 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You honestly don't have a freaking clue....from other RTCs wanting him to Flo dropping him, you're totally ignorant. 

You do realize that you sound as ridiculous as the meatheads who are just anti-downey, right?

59 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Downey's entire appeal for being on the card is to get massacred. This only strengthened that appeal. It's a completely different dynamic from the NJRTC, who has to worry about team dynamics and branding. Flo can just broadcast him getting murdered. Could be wrong, but I think you're overestimating the pressure to cut him.

His appeal to get massacred is only by the meatheads... and they will not outweigh the negative fall out of keeping him on the card...

45 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

What's sad is this new era of political correctness, where everyone has to hide their true feelings and/or thoughts...even when they're correct, or risk harsh consequences. And, if you knew Downey, he'll continue to get better, has other options, and always has a back-up plan.  You'll see. 

I don’t disagree with the sentiment, but, it is as useful to whine about that as whining about the sun coming up tomorrow...

it is just the way it is right now and if you are a white male and don’t tow the line, you are going to get crucified... 

downey can’t help himself, but, if he is ok with the consequences then so be it...

I am normally not a fan of PD3's antics, but I think kicking him out of NJRTC is a bit harsh.  

He should just apologize to Sarah and Jacarra on the next episode of FRL, the NJRTC should take him back if he agrees to stay off social media, and everyone moves forward.  The Eagles aren't cutting DeSean Jackson and he said a lot worse.  

4 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

I used to like Sarah Hildebrandt.  Then again, I used to like the U.S. National Women's Soccer team.  Still think Goya make the best canned beans around, though.

What did Hildebrandt do or say?

Guessing there were some other matter (behind the scenes and in public eye) that were eating away at NJRTC before it got to this. Based on prior issues he was more than likely on a low tolerance policy and asked to restrain his social media rants when he arrived there.  This one may have just been the finals straw which put the NJRTC in a spot that was uncomfortable.  Probably felt a split helped then stay on track without any additional distractionS that may follow from him and others. 

Edited by MadMardigain