Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

4 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

I’m trying to figure out if you A) can’t read or B) are blatantly ignoring the fact that Downey threatened to whoop a woman’s ass on Twitter. If that was your wife or daughter would you care more? 

I mean dude come on, he deserved what he got. 

I read his tweets from the offending one to the apology and didn't see  a threat 

Just now, Plasmodium said:

I read his tweets from the offending one to the apology and didn't see  a threat 

His exact tweet to Sarah Hildebrandt was “Sarah I would whip your ass you goofy lil wet nugget.”

It was deleted quickly like the rest of his tweets. There is a screenshot in the video posted a few pages back. 

7 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I agree he deserved what he got, but did he actually threaten to whoop her ass?  I was assuming he was referring to a wrestling match, no?  (not sure what it means to call someone a "wet nugget" though)

He said “Sarah I would whip your ass you goofy lil wet nugget.” 

Even if he did mean wrestling does that make it any better that he would whip a 120 pound females ass....?

Edited by goheels1812

It's a stretch, but maybe PD3 and Nomad were looking at a new marketing angle?

Sports Illustrated has done quite well with the swimsuit edition that's been around forever. It seems that a lot of teams have put together 'sexy' calendars to promote themselves and as fundraisers. Marketing has proven, again and again, that sexy sells.

(Meh - I don't believe this either, but we could consider all perspectives before rushing to judgment.)

298.jpg

1 hour ago, goheels1812 said:

He said “Sarah I would whip your ass you goofy lil wet nugget.” 

Even if he did mean wrestling does that make it any better that he would whip a 120 pound females ass....?

LOL not really, was kinda just evidence that he was off the rails (edit: as I believe that one also happened after his apology....)

Edited by 1032004

12 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It's a stretch, but maybe PD3 and Nomad were looking at a new marketing angle?

Sports Illustrated has done quite well with the swimsuit edition that's been around forever. It seems that a lot of teams have put together 'sexy' calendars to promote themselves and as fundraisers. Marketing has proven, again and again, that sexy sells.

(Meh - I don't believe this either, but we could consider all perspectives before rushing to judgment.)

Actually I think that's exactly what he was doing (whoever it was)...  Well I don't know if they were trying to put together a calendar, but they were probably suggesting for the women to do that in order to supposedly get more exposure (no pun intended).   Again the tweet didn't say he was asking for them to be DM'd (which seems to be the rumor with PD3 and potentially younger girls), just to "post" them.

PD3 sounds like a real tool bag.  And I would never threaten to whoop a woman's a**, but seriously people are getting all worked up about it?  The reason I ask that is do you really think he meant it?  I am REALLY meant it??  To me this is another example of idiots on social media that think they can say anything without repercussions. 

I can't defend Downey as the guy has had chance after chance and shot himself in the foot over and over again.  If the allegations about pictures aren't true undoubtedly he's done something else dastardly, god knows he has enough of a track record of that.  But this whole era of PC makes me want to tear my hair out..  The initial tweet that got him crucified, while probably in poor taste, is 100% true.  I don't really care about greco or woman's wrestling.  Not because I think there is something wrong with woman wrestling, but it just doesn't interest me the same way top level men's freestyle does.

I'm excited for Dake vs Chamizo.  I wouldn't bother tuning in for Sarah Hildebrandt vs whoever.  That is my right as a consumer.   Why should Sarah or any other woman expect the same pay in this line of work?  I'm not even mad at them.  Everyone has the right to be their own advocate and come up with whatever justifications for why they should be paid more.  Personally, I think I'm worth a million bucks and am criminally underpaid.  Buy why is that somehow noble? This is no different from the undercard fighter on the UFC who tries to hold out for more money, only those people don't get glorified for promoting their own self-interest.

Can't wait for someone to come along and accuse me of "Microagression" now.

Edited by lost

28 minutes ago, lost said:

I can't defend Downey as the guy has had chance after chance and shot himself in the foot over and over again.  If the allegations about pictures aren't true undoubtedly he's done something else dastardly, god knows he has enough of a track record of that.  But this whole era of PC makes me want to tear my hair out..  The initial tweet that got him crucified, while probably in poor taste, is 100% true.  I don't really care about greco or woman's wrestling.  Not because I think there is something wrong with woman wrestling, but it just doesn't interest me the same way top level men's freestyle does.

I'm excited for Dake vs Chamizo.  I wouldn't bother tuning in for Sarah Hildebrandt vs whoever.  That is my right as a consumer.   Why should Sarah or any other woman expect the same pay in this line of work?  I'm not even mad at them.  Everyone has the right to be their own advocate and come up with whatever justifications for why they should be paid more.  Personally, I think I'm worth a million bucks and am criminally underpaid.  Buy why is that somehow noble? This is no different from the undercard fighter on the UFC who tries to hold out for more money, only those people don't get glorified for promoting their own self-interest.

Can't wait for someone to come along and accuse me of "Microagression" now.

I think if he would have stopped at his initial tweet he would have been fine.  But when the dialogue started, PD3 acted like the majority of social media these days......god forbid someone have an alternate view.   I don't think he got in trouble for expressing his initial opinion, it was when he took it past just expressing an opinion.  But that's just my opinion.

16 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

So, implicit in your argument, which I agree with, is that Flo booted him for the purposes of political correctness right?

I don't know what happened, but I think its more likely Downey just wanted out.

You really are the biggest idiot on here.  Downey taunted Taylor for weeks to get the match, and only an idiot would walk away from $10,000 for a single match.  Mommy really did drop you on your head. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You really are the biggest idiot on here.  Downey taunted Taylor for weeks to get the match, and only an idiot would walk away from $10,000 for a single match.  Mommy really did drop you on your head. 

So you are saying Downey is an idiot? According to his Tweet he was the one to withdraw from the match rather than Flo giving him the boot.

15 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

Then why did he make the claim that he was the one to withdrawl?  Honest question.

Edited by Lurker

Just now, Lurker said:

Then why did he make the claim that he was the one to withdrawl?

to be fair, it is a valid question...

and i didn't think for a minute he would be on the card after getting dropped by the NJRTC... i recall quite a bit of push back from that...

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Then why did he make the claim that he was the one to withdrawl?  Honest question.

That is news to me, but then again, a lot of crap is spouted off on this forum.  Incidentally, just look at PD3...do you honestly think he has any problem with girls voluntarily sending him pics and/or friend requests.  This whole underage nude pic thing is similar to the Russian hoax with Trump.  Cancel culture at it's finest.  It's a f'd up world we're living in. When one door closes, three more open.  

5 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

That is news to me, but then again, a lot of crap is spouted off on this forum. 

Said claim was not made by anyone on this forumn, the claim was made personally by him, saying he was withdrawing, on twitter.

As far as the other stuff you commented on, as I said to you  the other day, I will wait until more concrete information comes out before I comment.  But him claim he withdrew cannot be denied.

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

That is news to me, but then again, a lot of crap is spouted off on this forum.  Incidentally, just look at PD3...do you honestly think he has any problem with girls voluntarily sending him pics and/or friend requests.  This whole underage nude pic thing is similar to the Russian hoax with Trump.  Cancel culture at it's finest.  It's a f'd up world we're living in. When one door closes, three more open.  

slow down there nomad... you can slide into downey's DMs without needing to tell us about it here...

it is a serious accusation...

and to be 100% fair, all you got to do is look at the chris delia situation from just last month to see how some bitter young girls can ruin a person in a cocaine heartbeat with no actual illegal actions being commited except just being a little creepy...

the downey accusation could be just like that...

4 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

That is news to me, but then again, a lot of crap is spouted off on this forum. 

The irony of this statement is going to go way over your head. But just know it’s being appreciated by others on the board. 

9 minutes ago, LJB said:

slow down there nomad... you can slide into downey's DMs without needing to tell us about it here...

it is a serious accusation...

and to be 100% fair, all you got to do is look at the chris delia situation from just last month to see how some bitter young girls can ruin a person in a cocaine heartbeat with no actual illegal actions being commited except just being a little creepy...

the downey accusation could be just like that...

good god, you're obtuse. lol.

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

good god, you're obtuse. lol.

hey willie... make sure to put the cereal bowl in the sink and gather your laundry... the neighbors are coming over and we don't want to look so disheveled...

2 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Honestly? Let one of the Michigan 86 keggers hop in. Amine, Ringer, or Abounader.

Ringer intrigues me. DT would probably beat up on him, but if Ringer is 100% healthy I think he could (maybe) score at least lol. 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

Ringer intrigues me. DT would probably beat up on him, but if Ringer is 100% healthy I think he could (maybe) score at least lol. 

ringer probably has a s good a shot as anyone domestically...

Just now, LJB said:

ringer probably has a s good a shot as anyone domestically...

Also brings name recognition to the match. The more I think about it, if ringer is game that’s probably the best fit to replace Downey.