Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

4 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Ringer intrigues me. DT would probably beat up on him, but if Ringer is 100% healthy I think he could (maybe) score at least lol. 

If Amine jumps in, that gives Ringer a look at him by proxy, as well.

Just now, goheels1812 said:

Also brings name recognition to the match. The more I think about it, if ringer is game that’s probably the best fit to replace Downey. 

well, i am not sure how much name recognition is going to factor in here...

no one is going to generate the amount of "excitement" downey did... everyone else is the b-side...

Just now, LJB said:

well, i am not sure how much name recognition is going to factor in here...

no one is going to generate the amount of "excitement" downey did... everyone else is the b-side...

That’s a good point. 

I was thinking more along the lines of fans being more interested in Ringer vs. DT than Abounader or Amine (no disrespect to either one of those guys). But you’re right that no replacement will fill the shoes of Downey for a myriad of reasons. 

Just now, goheels1812 said:

That’s a good point. 

I was thinking more along the lines of fans being more interested in Ringer vs. DT than Abounader or Amine (no disrespect to either one of those guys). But you’re right that no replacement will fill the shoes of Downey for a myriad of reasons. 

i remember being somehwat interested in ringer v dake...

much less interested after the matches...

i feel like this would be more of the same...

but, that isn't the "main event" so whoever they throw out there will be fine...

7 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

That’s a good point. 

I also think fans would be more interested in Ringer, although the sell is that Amine qualified the weight before he did.  Could sell.  Valencia or Martin would sell too, I think.

4 minutes ago, LJB said:

i remember being somehwat interested in ringer v dake...

much less interested after the matches...

i feel like this would be more of the same...

but, that isn't the "main event" so whoever they throw out there will be fine...

I still feel like the storylines of DT and Downey are much better, but the match with Ringer would actually be better.

I’m in the camp that whole heartedly believes a motivated and pissed off DT completely annihilates Downey. I’m not even sure how fun it would be for fans. I think against Ringer DT is motivated, but not pissed off, which leads to a better match. 

Who knows though. Unfortunately we probably won’t ever find out what happens when DT and Downey face off.  

Just now, nhs67 said:

I also think fans would be more interested in Ringer, although the sell is that Amine qualified the weight before he did.  Could sell.  Valencia or Martin would sell too, I think.

Agree with all of this. Martin may be the toughest sell of the batch, but he’s a mostly known name. Valencia would be another interesting one. If he really let it fly against DT that’s another guy that I think could possibly score before DT inevitably takes over and does whatever he wants. 

1 minute ago, goheels1812 said:

I still feel like the storylines of DT and Downey are much better, but the match with Ringer would actually be better.

I’m in the camp that whole heartedly believes a motivated and pissed off DT completely annihilates Downey. I’m not even sure how fun it would be for fans. I think against Ringer DT is motivated, but not pissed off, which leads to a better match. 

Who knows though. Unfortunately we probably won’t ever find out what happens when DT and Downey face off.  

i still think the downey match could have been more competitive than what others think...

but, whatever...

backwards hat guy brought up valencia... i think that is the only opponent that has any real wow factor domestically...

12 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

Agree with all of this. Martin may be the toughest sell of the batch, but he’s a mostly known name. Valencia would be another interesting one. If he really let it fly against DT that’s another guy that I think could possibly score before DT inevitably takes over and does whatever he wants. 

Another possibility is Hoagie. Returning Junior World Medalists with a style that translates well

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Another possibility is Hoagie. Returning Junior World Medalists with a style that translates well

Oh man I’m a big fan of Hoagie as an individual and his style (not his team though haha), but DT would do dirty things to him. Hoagie will be ready in a few years, but he’s not ready for DT level smoke quite yet. 

Then again as I type that out in the back of my mind I’m thinking about DT wrestling Drew Foster and how that turned out. Man I really hope there aren’t any injuries to our top guys at the event. 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Trying to say he got hacked! 

against my better judgement, i looked...

i don't see anything about him claiming he got hacked...

did i miss it?

49 minutes ago, LJB said:

against my better judgement, i looked...

i don't see anything about him claiming he got hacked...

did i miss it?

There was one that said something about that was the last time anyone speaks for me. #IGotHacked. 

I refuse to interject into the screen shotting business. 

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

There was one that said something about that was the last time anyone speaks for me. #IGotHacked. 

I refuse to interject into the screen shotting business. 

I think maybe he's suggesting he was "hacked" when Flo or whoever wrote that apology on his behalf?  Which is obviously a misuse of the word hacked, but I think it's what he's getting at.

8 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

I think maybe he's suggesting he was "hacked" when Flo or whoever wrote that apology on his behalf?  Which is obviously a misuse of the word hacked, but I think it's what he's getting at.

I see what you’re saying 

11 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I see what you’re saying 

Are you guys related?