Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

18 hours ago, LJB said:

FWIW, the **** storm he created has prompted the king of all wrestling media and worldwide brain of wrestling to offer someone else to do HS girls rankings for him because this person really "understands the impact it does for young athletes"...

such of patron...

so altruistic...

heaven forbid i try to give someone else the opportunity to rank and write.

i'm only one person with only so much time.  i did the same thing with fantasy content and upperweight-specific stuff.

people dedicated to one segment can certainly hone in on something better than someone who is spread thin.

17 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

heaven forbid i try to give someone else the opportunity to rank and write.

i'm only one person with only so much time.  i did the same thing with fantasy content and upperweight-specific stuff.

people dedicated to one segment can certainly hone in on something better than someone who is spread thin.

that thing that flew over your head?

that was the point...

go enjoy some fruit snacks and some sunny d...

21 hours ago, fadzaev2 said:

I think he was going to take a beatdown by DT, and he's using all this other stuff as excuses......as a great wrestler (3 time NCAA Champion /4 time all american) once told me....there's reasons and excuses.  These are excuses.  He's flapped his jaw too many times, and it may not have been pretty.

Wishful thinking...3 years ago, when PD3 didn't even have a room to train in, he didn't duck Taylor, and anyone who thinks, after weeks of taunting Taylor into taking the match, that PD3 is ducking him (and the $10k to go with) now is either a moron or a troll. 

17 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Looks like they got a better wrestler to wrestle Taylor on the 25th 

If they did, he must not be an American, because PD3 went undefeated domestically in 2019, winning the Schutz, the Open, and the WTT.    BTW, who is it?

51 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

If they did, he must not be an American, because PD3 went undefeated domestically in 2019, winning the Schutz, the Open, and the WTT.    BTW, who is it?

That was last year.  What happened this year(a more recent year?).

https://www.flowrestling.org/results/6650499-2020-matteo-pellicone-uww-ranking-series/27410

Lost to Ringer (duh).

The month before this(2019), the same Ringer lost to Myles Martin.

Quit being stupid.

Does Myles Martin have any kind of shot to even keep it close? I mean he did beat Dieringer and wrestled Zahid tough. If DT is close to 100% healed I think its gonna be something like 10-3.

Edited by DocBZ

43 minutes ago, DocBZ said:

Does Myles Martin have any kind of shot to even keep it close? I mean he did beat Dieringer and wrestled Zahid tough. If DT is close to 100% healed I think its gonna be something like 10-3.

10-3 Taylor? Maybe at the end of the first period...

4 hours ago, DocBZ said:

He damn sure better be 100%...

8 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Myle Martin

4 hours ago, bnwtwg said:

Guys like Martin, Green and obviously Burroughs are pretty good at keeping guys off em with motion and blocking off once the tie is established...Martin isn't as good at it as those other two but he might able to avoid the tech.

Edited by hammerlockthree

On 7/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, Lurker said:

Bwaahaha. I followed the wrestling room. It took me about two minutes of reading to unfollow. Have seen a number of his twitter posts over the last few days. It’s a shame to see people take such glorification in others demise. 

Yes... it has multiple examples of toxicity.  How disappointing.  

On 7/11/2020 at 6:45 PM, VakAttack said:

100% no.  Everybody faces consequences for things they say, the Constitution only says that the government will not infringe on your rights to Free Speech (even though it does in some select circumstances).

Eugene Debs and Larry Flynt just rolled their eyes, but yeah, freedom from govt persecution is substantially different from private consequences.

Regarding Downey, it's been exhausting simply watching Reece try to keep him focused before, during, and after just about every one of his US Open and WTT matches last year.  Makes me wonder if Downey's dismissal wasn't more of a straw that broke the camel's back than the reaction to a single tweet storm.

Nor is Downey without options.  His wrestling should transition well to MMA, he'll likely develop decent striking as quickly as any other wrestler, and he'll largely be able to speak his mind, at least to some degree, as he sees fit.

As much as I'm mostly uninterested, I can already imagine him and Covington jawing back and forth.

On 7/16/2020 at 2:53 PM, bnwtwg said:

Even that's probably generous.

Another year or two of senior level competition and I suspect it's a different match, but right now, I think DT scores at will.