Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

On 7/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, Lurker said:

Bwaahaha. I followed the wrestling room. It took me about two minutes of reading to unfollow. Have seen a number of his twitter posts over the last few days. It’s a shame to see people take such glorification in others demise. 

Indeed!  It is a shame to see people take glorification in others demise. 

The wrestling room group on facebook... I was excited at first about another outlet to discover and discuss the promotion of wrestling, etc. and some of that does occur.  However, multiple people there are aggressive with discovering and sharing private information, are quick to judge, and close minded.  I called out negative behaviors and had support, but also was criticized and a group admin deleted comments...  I'm an 'unfollower' and recommend others to avoid it.

On 7/16/2020 at 10:36 AM, Wrestleknownothing said:

I'm just hoping DT can afford a shirt when this is over.

He needs something to cover up that third nipple. But the head hole has to be big enough to fit over the ears.

According to Thursday’s FRL with Chael Sonnen filling in for Askren (a good listen BTW), Pyles said Downey being removed from the event had nothing to do with his tweets and that he’d tell Chael about it later, perhaps adding credibility to the criminal investigation rumors.

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

According to Thursday’s FRL with Chael Sonnen filling in for Askren (a good listen BTW), Pyles said Downey being removed from the event had nothing to do with his tweets and that he’d tell Chael about it later, perhaps adding credibility to the criminal investigation rumors.

Don’t make the mistake thinking that Chael doesn’t know exactly what’s going on...

3 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Dude, you really need to slow your roll on the rumor mill....there are no criminal investigations because no crimes were committed. Pyles is full of it.

11 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Dude, you really need to slow your roll on the rumor mill....there are no criminal investigations because no crimes were committed. Pyles is full of it.

Well if they already knew for sure he did it there wouldn’t need to be an investigation...

But if not for that or his tweets, why was he removed from the card then?

12 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

I cant believe I am agreeing with Blue Dragon (partially), but there is a bad habit on these boards of stating rumors and, at first, clearly labeling them as rumors, but over time people drop the qualifier and start treating rumors like facts. I hate, hate, hate when people are making anonymous, unfounded accusations on here, but I hate it even more when people start treating them as facts.

16 minutes ago, AIW-HS said:

Hypothetically if the DT/PD match occurred and there were no tech falls how many points would DT have put up?  I put the O/U at 30

its an interesting question that I don't know the answer to. It seems to come down to how strongly the motivation to embarrass translates into performance. 

2 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I cant believe I am agreeing with Blue Dragon (partially), but there is a bad habit on these boards of stating rumors and, at first, clearly labeling them as rumors, but over time people drop the qualifier and start treating rumors like facts. I hate, hate, hate when people are making anonymous, unfounded accusations on here, but I hate it even more when people start treating them as facts.

Well I specifically called it a rumor in my earlier post.  Besides, Willie tweeted about this particular rumor also (and as mentioned, Pyles certainly seemed to hint at it as well), so it’s not like it’s just coming from anonymous message board posters.

But again, since Blue Dragons is PD2, maybe he’ll enlighten us as to why Downey was removed from the card and put the rumors to bed.

Edited by 1032004

1 minute ago, 1032004 said:

Well I specifically called it a rumor in my earlier post.  Besides, Willie tweeted about this particular rumor also, so it’s not like it’s just coming from anonymous message board posters.

But again, since Blue Dragons is PD2, maybe he’ll enlighten us as to why Downey was removed from the card and put the rumors to bed.

I admit I didn't trace back to your original post,  but I still get uneasy when rumors of something that serious are spread. I prefer waiting for the facts. And I recognize that the wait is agonizing, and that I may never know the truth, but I'm also old enough to remember the Duke LaCrosse team being accused of some heinous acts only for them to later be exonerated. The exoneration always seems to get less attention than the accusation (see Nancy (dis)Grace for an example).

42 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I admit I didn't trace back to your original post,  but I still get uneasy when rumors of something that serious are spread. I prefer waiting for the facts. And I recognize that the wait is agonizing, and that I may never know the truth, but I'm also old enough to remember the Duke LaCrosse team being accused of some heinous acts only for them to later be exonerated. The exoneration always seems to get less attention than the accusation (see Nancy (dis)Grace for an example).

This 100%...

the rumors are bad... tossing them out there all Willy Nilly particularly in this culture we are living in where witch hunts have become the norm is just as bad...

all you got to do is see what have happened to the people who were exonerated of any wrong doing in a month... by then the million tweets have done their damage...

as far as downey is concerned, I heard he got dropped by his agent... I can guarantee that had nothing to do with a few stupid tweets...

51 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

...but I still get uneasy when rumors of something that serious are spread. I prefer waiting for the facts...

We need more of this

3 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I agree, however the difference between Duke Lacrosse and Downey is Downey’s history.   He has already pled guilty to at least one crime, been charged with several others, been kicked out of at least one school, attended something like 6 schools between HS and college, etc.   

He seemed to be doing better at NJRTC, but unfortunately the whole world could witness him spiraling out of control on Twitter the last few weeks.  I’ve said I feel bad for him by reading some of his comments from his father, growing up with that guy as his dad didn’t seem to give him much chance...

19 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

19 hours ago, Blue Dragons said:

Yeah, speaking the truth is dangerous now days. :)

Really shouldn't contradict yourself in b2b posts.

Also... how's the weather down there?

Edited by nhs67
Weather curiosity added.

44 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

I agree, however the difference between Duke Lacrosse and Downey is Downey’s history.

This can be taken as truth in two different ways. Possessive terminology as well as stating that 'Downey is history' and that is funny.

3 hours ago, LJB said:

This 100%...

the rumors are bad... tossing them out there all Willy Nilly particularly in this culture we are living in where witch hunts have become the norm is just as bad...

all you got to do is see what have happened to the people who were exonerated of any wrong doing in a month... by then the million tweets have done their damage...

as far as downey is concerned, I heard he got dropped by his agent... I can guarantee that had nothing to do with a few stupid tweets...

You all are really, really, really clueless.  PD3 FIRED his agent and is ready to sign with another agent.  Big moves coming...should have occurred months ago. DT is going to be in trouble come April.

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I agree, however the difference between Duke Lacrosse and Downey is Downey’s history.   He has already pled guilty to at least one crime, been charged with several others, been kicked out of at least one school, attended something like 6 schools between HS and college, etc.   

He seemed to be doing better at NJRTC, but unfortunately the whole world could witness him spiraling out of control on Twitter the last few weeks.  I’ve said I feel bad for him by reading some of his comments from his father, growing up with that guy as his dad didn’t seem to give him much chance...

Punks like you need ass whippings. He plead guilty to a fight when he was SEVENTEEN against a guy in college who threw the first punch.  Never been convicted of anything else...everything else DROPPED.  I swear, mofos like you need their asses whipped. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

Punks like you need ass whippings. He plead guilty to a fight when he was SEVENTEEN against a guy in college who threw the first punch.  Never been convicted of anything else...everything else DROPPED.  I swear, mofos like you need their asses whipped. 

Thanks for proving the last sentence of my  post 100% accurate.

Dude spends time in jail for getting in a fight.

Proposed solution: threaten to beat up some more people.