Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

7 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

ahhh... Caught one where she said he had "literally no nsenior level credentials."

I'm no fan of his, but isn't he US Open Champ, WTT champ, and top 10 in world?

That was one. Though he also said she had no credentials either. 

49 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

I am normally not a fan of PD3's antics, but I think kicking him out of NJRTC is a bit harsh.  

He should just apologize to Sarah and Jacarra on the next episode of FRL, the NJRTC should take him back if he agrees to stay off social media, and everyone moves forward.  The Eagles aren't cutting DeSean Jackson and he said a lot worse.  

You're off based by comparing racial and religious ignorance with arrogant stupidity.

Downey's revolving door of saying stupid crap is how he earned himself a proper $HlTcanning.

Jackson's statements were flat ignorant. He acknowledged that was the case, quite simply. Thus earning him the ability to recompense. Especially with not history of this, in Jackson's case.

Correct yourself.

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You're off based by comparing racial and religious ignorance with arrogant stupidity.

Downey's revolving door of saying stupid crap is how he earned himself a proper $HlTcanning.

Jackson's statements were flat ignorant. He acknowledged that was the case, quite simply. Thus earning him the ability to recompense. Especially with not history of this, in Jackson's case.

Correct yourself.

Dude quoted Hitler to justify a position.  Or so he thought... but it was a fake Hitler quote. Which is pretty ridiculous.

I thought agreeing with Hitler was an immediate shark jumping, but I guess I am wrong.

50 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

ahhh... Caught one where she said he had "literally no nsenior level credentials."

I'm no fan of his, but isn't he US Open Champ, WTT champ, and top 10 in world?

And he has to face Russians and Iranians!

31 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Dude quoted Hitler to justify a position.  Or so he thought... but it was a fake Hitler quote. Which is pretty ridiculous.

I thought agreeing with Hitler was an immediate shark jumping, but I guess I am wrong.

legit chucking...

I don’t know anything about other dude or his quote, but, not surprised who doesn’t think it’s any big deal...

33 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

The BLM movement isn't exactly concerned with the knowledge, or accurate interpretation of history. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

My opinion is that I don't enjoy watching women's wrestling. I wouldn't pay to watch it. Men's wrestling is much more exciting to me, personally. I believe the numbers will show that the majority of fans have a similar opinion.

Seems like I should get to have that opinion. It may not be diplomatic, nor politically correct - but it's my opinion. In a free country like the US, shouldn't I get to have that opinion and voice it without retribution? Seems like I should. I agree it won't be well received by some, isn't politically correct, and it isn't in the best interest of wrestling - but it is still my opinion.

That being said, I don't enjoy watching men's volleyball at all. I find it boring, too. Women's volleyball is so much more fun to watch - both beach and indoor. Hands down better.

As both a collegiate wrestler and collegiate and USVBA volleyball player, it seems like my experience gives my opinion at least some legitimacy. I don't dislike women who wrestle or men who play volleyball... I just wouldn't pay to watch either one.

What a terrible world it would be if we couldn't voice our opinions, and instead we all were forced to agree on everything.

8 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

My opinion is that I don't enjoy watching women's wrestling. I wouldn't pay to watch it. Men's wrestling is much more exciting to me, personally. I believe the numbers will show that the majority of fans have a similar opinion.

Seems like I should get to have that opinion. It may not be diplomatic, nor politically correct - but it's my opinion. In a free country like the US, shouldn't I get to have that opinion and voice it without retribution? Seems like I should. I agree it won't be well received by some, isn't politically correct, and it isn't in the best interest of wrestling - but it is still my opinion.

That being said, I don't enjoy watching men's volleyball at all. I find it boring, too. Women's volleyball is so much more fun to watch - both beach and indoor. Hands down better.

As both a collegiate wrestler and collegiate and USVBA volleyball player, it seems like my experience gives my opinion at least some legitimacy. I don't dislike women who wrestle or men who play volleyball... I just wouldn't pay to watch either one.

What a terrible world it would be if we couldn't voice our opinions, and instead we all were forced to agree on everything.

100% no.  Everybody faces consequences for things they say, the Constitution only says that the government will not infringe on your rights to Free Speech (even though it does in some select circumstances).

ETA:  People lose their jobs all the time for saying stupid things.

Edited by VakAttack

2 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

100% no.  Everybody faces consequences for things they say, the Constitution only says that the government will not infringe on your rights to Free Speech (even though it does in some select circumstances).

This falls under the idea that being paid to train by the NJRTC is not a constitutional right correct? I am sorta fascinated by legal stuff.

8 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

This falls under the idea that being paid to train by the NJRTC is not a constitutional right correct? I am sorta fascinated by legal stuff.

It's more that the NJRTC is not a governmental agency.  But yes, you also do not have a right to work at any particular place.  The interesting nexus is when you work for a governmental agency, but you are speaking as a private citizen.  The case law seems to indicate that they can't fire you in that capacity the same way a regular job could.

27 minutes ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

It's completely fine for you to say you don't enjoy women's wrestling. It will rub some the wrong way and others will agree. You're entitled to that right.

But you're also not an active US wrestler (I'm assuming). PD3 can talk all he wants, but when it comes down to it, if he wants to be a part of the NJRTC, his teammates and coaches need to feel comfortable with him being there. Denigrating your potential teammates is a great way to be out of a spot. Room chemistry is so important for building a great training location. 

Also important to note, Chris Ayres' daughter is a high school state champ in NJ and a very good up and coming wrestler. You think he wants a guy in his room who publicly belittles his daughter?

1 minute ago, Scorenomore said:

Can someone post his comments?  I couldn’t find anything worthy of dismissal but maybe it was deleted?

I was searching myself. Its quite possible this is more closely related to the things that ran him out of every other place he has trained.

7 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

good lord, ljb is insufferable. it's been a long time since i've seen anyone be more wrong at every turn on these boards. which is an accomplishment of some sort.

can I be 2nd worst poster now? 

Edited by hammerlockthree

9 minutes ago, Scorenomore said:

Can someone post his comments?  I couldn’t find anything worthy of dismissal but maybe it was deleted?

I think this is kinda what started it:

Which IMO isn’t that bad.  But I’m guessing this one might’ve been what did him in:

I do find it kinda interesting though that NJRTC seems just as concerned about him bashing Greco than him bashing women (not just women’s wrestling, women in general based on the above tweet).

1 hour ago, AHamilton said:

I know what he did. He also came out and ate crow about it too. He knew he messed up and had interpreted it wrong. He will do what needs to be done to save face and prove he isn't that sort of evil.

Blue Dragons Jr? He's proven he is time and time again.