Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

1 minute ago, Class said:

Maybe your take is biased a bit because you have been mocking “Flo is the devil” and now that is looking a bit foolish.

for others some sexual harassment allegations have surfaced and Flo dismisses Nomad with an “effective immediately” policy.  Also seems Downey was sexting several in an unwanted way.  Allegations at this point but the smoke is THICK.

what is foolish about it?

people just **** on Flo no matter what they do because people are weak children for the most part...

a person screwed up... Flo didn't screw up here... any reasonable person should be able to make that distinction...

now you have children tweeting from their parents basement gloating over the fallout...

really classy stuff going on out there...

4 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Flo fired nomad?

that is one of the things that is being gloated about on the twittersphere...

which, if what has been rumored is true then he should be...

either way...

FLO IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

So apparently Downey threatened to beat up Sarah Hildegrandt on Twitter, Downey apparently was asking for nude pictures from women, and Nomad was asking female wrestlers for bikini pics. This has been a crazy weekend for wrestling gossip. This is all allegations at this point. 

3 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

So apparently Downey threatened to beat up Sarah Hildegrandt on Twitter, Downey apparently was asking for nude pictures from women, and Nomad was asking female wrestlers for bikini pics. This has been a crazy weekend for wrestling gossip. This is all allegations at this point. 

The allegations against Downey are apparently actually worse than that. He allegedly asked for nudes from a bunch of underage girls. Goes beyond sexual harassment into sex offender territory. Good riddance (hopefully).

19 minutes ago, LJB said:

either way...

FLO IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

You should probably retire this shtick until the dumpster fires at Flo HQ cool down. 

27 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

and Nomad was asking female wrestlers for bikini pics. 

Just to ask-  might he have been asking for publicity photos? Not that that wouldn't be a problem but it would be as much for Flo as him and a different level of issue than what's being mentioned about PD3.

46 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

Just to ask-  might he have been asking for publicity photos? Not that that wouldn't be a problem but it would be as much for Flo as him and a different level of issue than what's being mentioned about PD3.

Yeah I think it's definitely different than the alleged Downey situation, although still not good obviously.  It appears a "Flo employee" (has it been confirmed to be Nomad?) was basically suggesting they POST them, not DM them, I presume because he thought that might help their marketability.

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He was hurt the entire season, he could’ve redshirted but I think he wanted to be done with school so he just pushed through , but in the end it was the wrong decision...and off his most recent interview it seemed like he’s itching to get back into wrestling and said he always planned on coming back and coaching once he was done fighting so I think he ll be pretty amped up for this.. do you know what weight they are wrestling at?

That's cool.  

Not sure.   I would assume 143 but ashnault was wrestling more than that and caldwell fights at 135.  I remember flo saying pletcher was going up a weight (I doubt they meant 2 pounds more than his college weight).  Couldn't be 154 right?  Or would they just agree on something arbitrary?   

Didn't that last flo event give everyone a 5 pound allowance?   Maybe it would be 143+5?  I'm just guessing 

2 hours ago, LJB said:

Tweets getting made...

tweets getting deleted...

such a worthwhile game that is continually played...

Ha so apparently Flo un-retweeted the Downey apology.   

I do actually feel a little bad for Flo (as a company) here, none of this probably happens if they hadn't created an event for people to watch some actual wrestling...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

either way...

FLO IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!

good god, you're a moron. 

Just now, 1032004 said:

Ha so apparently Flo un-retweeted the Downey apology.   

I do actually feel a little bad for Flo (as a company) here, none of this probably happens if they hadn't created an event for people to watch some actual wrestling...

Flo will never be able to win with the vocal minority no matter what they do... it is a losing battle that they will never be able to win because of the ability for every one to tweet from their parents basement... those are the type of people who are the most vocal... the "Karens" of the world... the self proclaimed "Brains" and "Kings" who look for validation where ever they can get it...

but, whatever...

we all know...

FLO IS THE DEVIL!!!!!

1 minute ago, Husker_Du said:

you're bizarre. it's no  skin off my back. i don't really care. but you bring nothing to  these boards. i mean you make  them less attractive. simply b/c  you  don't know what you're talking about.

people come to boards for high level discourse. you ruin that. 

oh willie...

shouldn't you be in bed? 

or are you old enough to not have any official bedtime at your parents house?

are you tweeting under the covers?

11 hours ago, Class said:

Yeah, maybe so.  With the benefit of hindsight I think I may have misinterpreted the message and he was saying that "we" let him go but it upset me because we were boys.  Regardless, he could have used the platform a bit better.

Similarly, Nate Jackson had some really well thought out and well articulated messages on the subject.  That was very impressive.

You have officially been barred from this forum. Anybody who comes on here and admits a mistake, and there are so few of us on here, well we just can't have that. You got to dig both feet into the ground and deny deny deny! Never give in!

Edited by ConnorsDad

16 minutes ago, de4856 said:

So, who will replace PD3? I don’t know if Zahid is available and or even eligible, but I think that would be an interesting matchup. 

Since it’s an exhibition not affiliated with a USAW event is there a eligibility conflict? Though keeping out any grappling event until his situation is finalized is probably a smart move to stay in the good graces of the organization and UWW.  Who knows of his readiness.  Although under the current situation it’s likely not a good look for Flo. 

Edited by MadMardigain

1 minute ago, MadMardigain said:

Since it’s an exhibition not affiliated with USAW there may not be a conflict.  Who knows of his readiness.  Although under the current situation it’s likely not a good look for Flo. 

zahid is not under any suspension from USAW...

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight said:

That's cool.  

Not sure.   I would assume 143 but ashnault was wrestling more than that and caldwell fights at 135.  I remember flo saying pletcher was going up a weight (I doubt they meant 2 pounds more than his college weight).  Couldn't be 154 right?  Or would they just agree on something arbitrary?   

Didn't that last flo event give everyone a 5 pound allowance?   Maybe it would be 143+5?  I'm just guessing 

Caldwell fights at 145 now..so it could be 154 I mean Caldwell wrestled 152 in high school and 149 all through college his walking around weight probably isn’t much more 

30 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Caldwell fights at 145 now..so it could be 154 I mean Caldwell wrestled 152 in high school and 149 all through college his walking around weight probably isn’t much more 

DC never really cared too much about the weight of the other guy.