Sign in to follow this  
bnwtwg

Merged: Downey thread

52 minutes ago, LJB said:

i have only seen this on this bbs...

of course, i am not sifting through all the garbage looking for it...

who "reported" this?

Willie says he's in "legit trouble" but didn't really expand on it

Seeing a lot of people hammering on Flo for not saying anything. There’s rumors of sexual harrassment/misconduct/whatever. Rumors of minor age. That’s a legal issue. Rumors Flo fired an employee. That could very well be/become a legal issue. They’ve stated Downey will be replaced on the card. (Not a legal issue). 

So I wonder if all these people hammering on Flo thought for one second about the very real reality that, you don’t talk about **** that is/will be a legal issue? 
(my guess is for the majority yes, but that doesn’t really matter). 

Just got to thinking, in that interview posted he talked about his management team and the plans they had, etc. And we’ve talked here about him potentially just shifting to MMA now. But, depending on what’s going on here, his deal with his management team and sponsors could be in trouble....

On 7/11/2020 at 3:38 PM, Blue Dragons said:

What's sad is this new era of political correctness, where everyone has to hide their true feelings and/or thoughts...even when they're correct, or risk harsh consequences. And, if you knew Downey, he'll continue to get better, has other options, and always has a back-up plan.  You'll see. 

I’m so surprised by all of this, PDIII is usually such a standup guy. Lol just kidding, he’s proven once again how much of a scumbag he is. I hope his backup plan included jail time. 

15 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

Just my opinion but downey got blackballed. The majority agree with downeys statements. Getting let go for,saying people dont watch women and greco is one of the biggest jokes ive ever seen

You may have missed that there’s a whoooole lot more than that initial tweet. 

13 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Has anybody actually seen documentation of misconduct, or is it just idle gossip?

Even his tweets (such as “women always in they feelings”) were probably worthy of pulling him/getting the boot from NJRTC

15 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Even his tweets (such as “women always in they feelings”) were probably worthy of pulling him/getting the boot from NJRTC

nonsense. soft as charmin. thats an opinion most people in society have, and say. There is no freedom of speech ? the president says worse things daily.

I didn't see downey say anything racist or anything mosogyny enough that is an attack on someone worthy of being punished. To me he could of said "helen maroulis is a bitch" for all I care. thats not punishable.

He'd have to cross the line into "women belong in the kitchen, take off your wrestling gear and go wear a bikini you dumb wh### "" for it to be a punishable offense.

Downey did not cross the line. 

27 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

do you think women always in there feelings ?

do you think greco is more boring than mens freestyle ?

do you thing womens wrestling is more boring than mens freestyle ?

1 minute ago, alliseeisgold said:

do you think women always in there feelings ?

do you think greco is more boring than mens freestyle ?

do you thing womens wrestling is more boring than mens freestyle ?

So, implicit in your argument, which I agree with, is that Flo booted him for the purposes of political correctness right?

I don't know what happened, but I think its more likely Downey just wanted out.

13 minutes ago, alliseeisgold said:

There is no freedom of speech ? 
Yes there is constitutional freedom of speech, and it applies to this situation in no way what so ever.  

I didn't see downey say anything racist or anything mosogyny enough that is an attack on someone worthy of being punished. To me he could of said "helen maroulis is a bitch" for all I care. thats not punishable.

Downey did not cross the line.
You are more than welcome to put in whatever policies for the organizations you own and/or operate. But unfortunately for your opinion, you do not make policy for the NJRTC. 

All that said, what if he threatened to whoop one of the women’s a**. Would that be enough for you? Threatening assault on a woman?

Edited by Lurker

The problem is PD3 is basically Dennis Rodman. He's going to get called for a technical just for being Rodman. It's a pattern of behavior that got him in trouble whether or not that other stuff is true.

Things that are super problematic:

1.  Downey's misogynystic Tweets.

2.  The Nomad Allegations

3.  Downey allegations related to soliciting nudes.

Things that are less problematic to me:

1.  Downey's tweets about his preferences in wrestling style.

2.  No women's FS matches.

3.  No greco matches.

As @Lurker posted, lets not forget his threat to whoop Sarah Hildebrandt's ass.

Edited by VakAttack

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

Wait I'm sorry, Downey was soliciting nudes? I thought that was the other guy?

Both of those are suppositions right now.  We don't "know" (though we're pretty sure) which Flo guy solicited photos, but he apparently was asking for bikini photos.  Downey is alleged to have solicited nudes from underage high school girls.

Njrtc policy is crap and trying to merge ivy with jersey shore is a death sentence. Fire downey to get real woods ? U really think suriano is gonna wrestle for njrtc after seeing how fake they are ? And now they pissed reece off, what are they without reece ? What accomplishments does njrtc have outside of downey ?

Downey keeps getting more popular because they see an innocent man whose being lynched

1 minute ago, VakAttack said:

Both of those are suppositions right now.  We don't "know" (though we're pretty sure) which Flo guy solicited photos, but he apparently was asking for bikini photos.  Downey is alleged to have solicited nudes from underage high school girls.

OMG ok sorry I've said a few goofy things in ignorance of that rumor.