leshismore

Did Nomad Really Get Fired?

1 hour ago, leshismore said:

Thanks.  Will do. 

If you've been away, even for just the weekend....my oh my.  (Although so much that went down has since been deleted, and all you have to go on are the flying rumors and opinons of all the message board experts that apparently know exactly what happened, who, and what will and must happen next)

1 hour ago, leshismore said:

Thanks Lurker. Yes, I have to admit I am not 100% in the loop on what went "down".

The short "just the facts ma'am" version:

A couple of the women's national team members stated on twitter that they were offered a match on the 7/25 card, but that it ($$) was waaaaay less than what the men were getting.

PD3 came on and said (paraphrasing) that he would pay to watch women and greco, but the average fan would not.

This started a little bit of back and forth on the topic.

PD3 started taking it a little past expressing his opinion on why the women aren't being offered more, and started taking personal shots, at one point making what could be considered a threat toward one of the women.  He eventually posted a screenshot of a typed apology.

Salata was one of the women involved in the dialogue.  UWW Creative (a paradoy twitter account, thank you JB)  retweeted one of her tweets with a comment about her being on fire, and she responded that is nothing, just wait until I show FLO about one of their employees texting the women telling them they should post more bikini pics.

The next day NJRTC announced they had released PD3, PD3 tweeted that he was withdrawing from the card since they didn't have any women or greco matches, and Flo announced he was no longer on the card.  Willie Saylor tweeted that there was more to PD3 than just the tweets, and he could be in big trouble.  Pat Mineo tweeted that Nomad had been fired.

Everything else (including the Saylor and Mineo tweets) is pure speculation.

Edited by Lurker

you know as much about my living situation as you do about wrestling. keep posting though. it's like a car accident. 

incredible how off you are on, well, everything. 

there's literally a text thread with people who do know what they're talking about making fun of u which hasn't happened since LI_Marty walked these hallowed halls. 

you don't know who that is though, do you,  junior? nah. didn't think so. 

Edited by Husker_Du
additional dunkage

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

The short "just the facts ma'am" version:

A couple of the women's national team members stated on twitter that they were offered a match on the 7/25 card, but that it ($$) was waaaaay less than what the men were getting.

PD3 came on and said (paraphrasing) that he would pay to watch women and greco, but the average fan would not.

This started a little bit of back and forth on the topic.

PD3 started taking it a little past expressing his opinion on why the women aren't being offered more, and started taking personal shots, at one point making what could be considered a threat toward one of the women.  He eventually posted a screenshot of a typed apology.

Salata was one of the women involved in the dialogue.  UWW Creative (a paradoy twitter account, thank you JB)  retweeted one of her tweets with a comment about her being on fire, and she responded that is nothing, just wait until I show FLO about one of their employees texting the women telling them they should post more bikini pics.

The next day NJRTC announced they had released PD3, PD3 tweeted that he was withdrawing from the card since they didn't have any women or greco matches, and Flo announced he was no longer on the card.  Willie Saylor tweeted that there was more to PD3 than just the tweets, and he could be in big trouble.  Pat Mineo tweeted that Nomad had been fired.

Everything else (including the Saylor and Mineo tweets) is pure speculation.

Thank you so much for this. So, I guess nothing about this on FRL today. I had to miss that too.

42 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

you know as much about my living situation as you do about wrestling. keep posting though. it's like a car accident. 

incredible how off you are on, well, everything. 

there's literally a text thread with people who do know what they're talking about making fun of u which hasn't happened since LI_Marty walked these hallowed halls. 

you don't know who that is though, do you,  junior? nah. didn't think so. 

oh willie... did you get everything tidied up?

soaps are about to start...

19 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

He got LI Marty’ed.  The Fireworks are about to start.  

I miss Marty sometimes.

Sort of like a demolition derby.

Entertaining at times... but you really are never going to take it as serious.

And FRL was the best when Willie was on, in a sort of ticked off mood... and Nomad would disagree for no reason. Those were the days my friend. There was the right amount of tension and a lot of great wrestling talk.

4 minutes ago, leshismore said:

Thank you so much for this. So, I guess nothing about this on FRL today. I had to miss that too.

pyles talked about it... talked about trying to get a women's match...

i'm just now getting into it, so, there may be more...

4 minutes ago, leshismore said:

I miss Marty sometimes.

Sort of like a demolition derby.

Entertaining at times... but you really are never going to take it as serious.

And FRL was the best when Willie was on, in a sort of ticked off mood... and Nomad would disagree for no reason. Those were the days my friend. There was the right amount of tension and a lot of great wrestling talk.

willie playing the close minded jack ass to nomad's shaking head was ok for the kids who just want drama...

askren has was the absolute best pick up they could have got and has made 3Xs as much content exponentially more worthwhile...

1 minute ago, LJB said:

willie playing the close minded jack ass to nomad's shaking head was ok for the kids who just want drama...

askren has was the absolute best pick up they could have got and has made 3Xs as much content exponentially more worthwhile...

No matter what your beef with Willie is you can’t seriously argue that the content Flo put out over the last year is better then it was the year before or the year before that. I’m a fan of askren but he doesn’t make up for the fact that they only cover wrestling that will be on there site, which isn’t that much anymore because conferences are keeping the viewing rights. 3 years ago I think Flo had every single D1 team live atleast once except VMI , now they have the rights to like 2 tournaments and northern Iowa matches. Flo did fantastic things for the sport but now they are just a big business and the ship is starting to sink 

Just now, Antitroll2828 said:

No matter what your beef with Willie is you can’t seriously argue that the content Flo put out over the last year is better then it was the year before or the year before that. I’m a fan of askren but he doesn’t make up for the fact that they only cover wrestling that will be on there site, which isn’t that much anymore because conferences are keeping the viewing rights. 3 years ago I think Flo had every single D1 team live atleast once except VMI , now they have the rights to like 2 tournaments and northern Iowa matches. Flo did fantastic things for the sport but now they are just a big business and the ship is starting to sink 

i can and i will...

they have put out 6-1/2 hours opf content every week when there has been absolutely nothing going on... not all of it has been home runs, but, whatever... 

i'll let you and the "too cool for school" kids continue to whine about Flo while i will still enjoy the product they are putting out...

but, man... i really hope you turn that frown upside down... 

5 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

CP said "He (Downey) is off the card for a variety of reasons. You know. And his Tweets Friday are not representative of our perspective or our opinions on women's wrestling."

seems reasonable and an accurate portrayal of what happened...

exactly why the NJRTC dropped him...

no surprise Flo would have to do the same...